• Pat Sullivan
    • Terry Beasley
    • Zeke Smith
    • Caddy
    • Ronnie Brown
    • T.J. Jackson
    • Takeo Spikes
    • Other

On 98.1 the ticket this morning Scott Moore said that Joe Namath got the biggest cheer at the super bowl, and that everybody loves Broadway Joe even the Auburn fans love him more than most of their big name players from the past . I think he is full of bull sh*t the Auburn family and fans would never put panty hose Joe in front of the likes of the great Bo Jackson. So lets find out vote your true feelings. If you mark other reply with the name or you can reply why panty hose Joe is you favorite. There are a lot of great players you can name from the past, but I came up with only a handful that everyone could recognize.

As you stated there are WAY TOO MANY of my favorite to name but I think if I had to single only one out it would be Rudi Johnson. He was always so giving to the kids that were around him. I know many other players are this way as well but he was the first that I had personal knowledge of and it just always touched me very deeply.

As far as panty hose joe that was just the large number of sexists that were cheering for him.

I voted for other.

A) Alonzo Ethridge (number 91 in the program, but number one in your heart) who played on the DL in 1993 and 1994 is one of the classiest guys I've ever met. Always had a kind word to say about everything.

B) I had class with Pat Nix, and he was super nice as well. I'd love for him to come back to Auburn one day as some sort of assistant coach.

see i'm torn. i am a cadillac guy. he's a year younger than me, but he is one of the enduring images of my collegiate career. i've met him, i've been in his old apartment playing ps2 with him, i even won money betting that he'd win rookie of the year pre-season, and it was a pleasure watching the best running back in the nation (award or no) play ball.

BUT i was raised on bo. he's my childhood superman. tough to ever get over that. heck, i watch replays of his games and he's even better than i remember.

i'm attached to rudi, but not as much to those two.

another guy that's always been a favorite of mine was james joseph. i just loved him in my late childhood. he was the man. made me like the eagles for a while too.

on top of that, i'm a defense guy. love love love defense first. so brian robinson and takeo spikes (i loved ricky neal too who played beside him) and DT (over dansby... odd i know) and willie whitehead and all those guys are up there.

but in the end, it's just bo.

While there are many factors in choosing from this list, to me the total package comes from none other than Ronnie Brown. Bo was by far the greatest athlete, Cadillac was the best pure runner, etc., etc., etc.

Ronnie Brown came in and stood in the shadows of Caddy, never complained. He did his job to the best of his ability and worked harder than anyone else IMO. He even came back with Caddy for another year of sharing the spotlight.

That would be the entire package.

There have been and will be MANY GREAT Auburn Tigers, BUT, The "Mightiest Tiger of them ALL" will always be Pat Sullivan. :au:

I did select all minus Panty Hose Joe, but it didnt work. However, T.J. Jackson is one of the coolest guys i've met. I had him in a few of my classes last year, and he is as funny as he is nice. Man, Back in those good ole college days :P

all time fav is RONNIE B. a close second is DAMEYUNE CRAIG. Dameyune lived in the same apartment complex i did his senior year. my house was on the end by the dumpster and i used to see him taking his trash out all the time. you would see him walk his trash there, then jog back towards his place. i kid you not. funny sight. :D

Uhh, where is Jason and Carlos?  Also, what about Damyeune Craig or Frank Sanders?

218630[/snapback]

I tried to put players that every one would knowyoung and old, there have been a lot of great players to come thru like #31 Fast Freddy Smith (LB). He was there when my 1st cousin was going to :au: and I went down every Sat. to watch him and the tigers at every home game.

i would put Bart Starr way ahead of Namath. Joe was more a creation of myth

and rebellion than anything. His claim to fame now is being drunk on the sideline.

All Auburn players are first over bammers, with Terry Beasley being at the top.

I will Vote for BO but also where is KIRK CRAIN Great line Backer....I went to high school with him as well...and had classes with Bo too.. and my good friend was a base ball Mgr at that time as well...OH,, where FRANK "the big hurt" Thomas???? another favorite and Quitten Riggens..

All Auburn Folks, everywhere.... But only because I'm an :au::homer:

It's so hard to pick favorites. I watched Bo beat Bamar...watched Caddy do his thing...was there when Ronnie came in for Caddy at Gainesville and almost beat the Gators...saw Sullivan come back on the last drive of the game to beat Tennessee 10-9 on National TV...loved Tucker Fredrickson, Jimmy Sidle, Tommy Lorino...and on and on and on. How do you pick from that crowd? I can't do it....

:au::homer:

There have been and will be MANY GREAT Auburn Tigers, BUT, The "Mightiest Tiger of them ALL" will always be Pat Sullivan. :au:

218632[/snapback]

I voted for Sullivan. It's almost impossible to choose among all the great Auburn players, but Pat was THE MAN when I was growing up and it's hard to look past childhood heros. I've always respected his life & class off the field, post-football, too.

Bo is probably the greatest pure football talent I've ever seen, though. How great his pro career might have been if not cut short by injury will always be one of the great "what ifs" of football.

218632[/snapback]

I voted for Sullivan. It's almost impossible to choose among all the great Auburn players, but Pat was THE MAN when I was growing up and it's hard to look past childhood heros. I've always respected his life & class off the field, post-football, too.

Bo is probably the greatest pure football talent I've ever seen, though. How great his pro career might have been if not cut short by injury will always be one of the great "what ifs" of football.

219049[/snapback]

Coach Sullivan is everything that an Auburn man or woman should be. He makes me proud to be a Tiger. :au:

Archived