DP World withdraws offer

channonc

CNN just announced that DP world has withdrawn their offer to acquire terminals in the US. Link coming.

With the way the House vote went this week, who would blame them?

Didn't I tell you last week that the deal would not go through? :big:

So if we are SO concerned about national security that we can't allow cargo in certain sections of some of our ports to be offloaded by a company owned by an Arab nation, even tho the people actually doing the unloading are redblooded American union dockworkers, then I guess this means we can actually start profiling Arab people at airport security checkpoints. You know, since we know all Arabs are terrorists and all. Isn't that the same thing? Isn't that the theory behind the port controversy? If the company is owned by the UAE, then we'll have nuclear devices unloaded in Jersey next week for sure, right? I am sure no one in Congress would want to seem hypocritical and all... I feel much safer already...

:rolleyes:

Guarantee you that if GWB has opposed this deal on grounds of national security, the Democrats would have been all over him like a duck on a junebug for discrimination and racial profiling.

No Jenny you misunderstand, the dems have already told us (1) this only concerns national security (2) profiling is always bad (unless it's dems doing the profiling) (3) this is not profiling and (4) if GW had threatened to veto the same deal it would have been profiling! OK, OK, you are correct, I added # (4), now LegalEagle can sue me and TexasTiger can rant for six pages because I was not keeping my Political allegiances aside.

Does this mean the Dems and Congress as a whole will kick China out of Long Beach and Saudi Arabia out of the nine ports they operate? if so will they still get French benefits? :big:

Guest Tigrinum Major
Does this mean the Dems and Congress as a whole will kick China out of Long Beach and Saudi Arabia out of the nine ports they operate? if so will they still get French benefits? :big:

224352[/snapback]

We ought to. After all, this isn't rocket surgery we are talking about.

Now congress wants The Aladdin and The Sahara OUT of Las Vegas. They are also considering running The Tuscany out of town because it just sounds Arab.

What really irks me about this are the number of uninformed republican lawmakers that started waving a flag before they did their homework. It was a PR pile of crap on the whitehouse's part. But was it a threat to national security? Heck no. Just a diversion from congress actually doing their job, on both sides of the floor. :puke:

Archived