Sad, sad day at Oregon State University

Guest Tigrinum Major

The school says the cheerleading squad will be replaced with a larger, more diverse group of spirit leaders, a group that will likely don khaki pants and polo shirts.

...............................................................Isn't that called EVERY SINGLE FAN AT A FOOTBALL GAME? Spirit leaders my arse :roflol:

I'm really learning to hate the word diversity.

they also did away with the fireworks after scoring a touchdown due to noise pollution.

go figure! :no:

"There is no NCAA championship," says Assistant Athletic Director Marianne Vydra . "It is not a sport."

So college football is not a sport?

I guess they got tired of hearing "Nice Beavers"

229128[/snapback]

THAT is funny! :thumbsup:

I guess they got tired of hearing "Nice Beavers"

229128[/snapback]

THAT is funny! :thumbsup:

229144[/snapback]

It was the petting that did them in. :rolleyes:

"There is no NCAA championship," says Assistant Athletic Director Marianne Vydra . "It is not a sport."

I've seen and heard some stupid **** said in my time, but that ranks right up there amongst the dumbest of all time.

I've seen and heard some stupid **** said in my time, but that ranks right up there amongst the dumbest of all time.

229210[/snapback]

That is a dumb comment, but it isn't totally off base. It should be used to show the NCAA how dumb they are because they do not recognize an officall CFB champion. So if OSU wants to go with that same logic they should also disband football.

The only way the NCAA is going to officially recognize a champion is if there is a playoff like there is in 1-AA and Divisions II and III.

Likelihood of that happening in the near future = the likelihood of me buying the winning lottery ticket while being struck by lightning after picking up a 4-leaf clover.

She's being totally disingenuous with her comment and it deserves to be ridiculed.

... Then there is the way that the university views cheerleading: 

"There is no NCAA championship," says Assistant Athletic Director Marianne Vydra . "It is not a sport."  ...

... For cheerleaders who want to continue doing stunts, they can form a group and register as a club sport with Student Affairs. 

It's not a sport but they can register as a club sport ... ... Got it. Liberal logic strikes again. Check out the poll on that link -- 90% of respondents are against it. I think Marianne Vydra got a bee in her bonnet and just made this decision on her own.

... Then there is the way that the university views cheerleading: 

"There is no NCAA championship," says Assistant Athletic Director Marianne Vydra . "It is not a sport."  ...

... For cheerleaders who want to continue doing stunts, they can form a group and register as a club sport with Student Affairs. 

It's not a sport but they can register as a club sport ... ... Got it. Liberal logic strikes again. Check out the poll on that link -- 90% of respondents are against it. I think Marianne Vydra got a bee in her bonnet and just made this decision on her own.

229228[/snapback]

Someone got cut from the cheerleading squad and had to be in the color guard :lol:

Gotta love the first line of the article.....

"Beaver fans will no longer see cheerleaders on the sidelines at games."

229286[/snapback]

Now there is a statement that could be changed or misconstrued! :rolleyes:

I have an old Army buddy who is a Beaver Alum - he will be hearing from me today... ;)

i live 50 miles from corvalis and i hear beaver hide is reasonably cheap since they did away with the cheerleading squad. anyone, interested?

i live 50 miles from corvalis and i hear beaver hide is reasonably cheap since they did away with the cheerleading squad.  anyone, interested?

229400[/snapback]

There is a waxing salon down the road from me, next door to the Publix - bet they throw out a few pelts each day..........

i live 50 miles from corvalis and i hear beaver hide is reasonably cheap since they did away with the cheerleading squad.  anyone, interested?

229400[/snapback]

There is a waxing salon down the road from me, next door to the Publix - bet they throw out a few pelts each day..........

229480[/snapback]

Ok, that is gross.

I would bet this is about money more than anything. They probably have a scholarship program or something for cheerleading and the only way they can get rid of the scholarsips is to get rid of the program.

Also, there is a liability issue and an insurance issue.

And, from the band world, I know how much trouble organizations like cheerleaders and majorettes can cause for the powers-at-be. There are lawsuits, discrimination charges, racism charges, and everything else every year, and this is in HIGH SCHOOLS. This same issue has been going on recently at Auburn.

You can have everything from the NCAA controling it, the NAACP gets invovled, women's organizations get involved....

Who wants that? By doing this, Oregon State has more control over it. They don't have to take quotas or get sued for their "fitness policy" (a.k.a. weight limits) or whatever they place on the squad. Now they can do whatever they want.

I'm sure they will still have cheerleaders in some capacity.

Blaine: Antoine what are we gonna do without all those hot sweaty Beaver Mens on the sidelines"

Antoine: Guess we will have to start giving two snaps and a circle to the Trojan mens.

ilc_menon_medvid.jpg

229400[/snapback]

229480[/snapback]

Ok, that is gross.

229482[/snapback]

Yes it is.....but funny as heck too :lol::blink::lol::blink:

Archived