Which player are you looking forward to see?

PChamp119

I was getting bored with the lack of topics of recent. So which player are you guys looking forward to the most? Or think will make the biggest suprise?

Obviously there are the obvious answers in Kenny and BC and you are allowed to mention them, just curious who is like everyone's favorite.

I'm personally excited to see Jay Wilhite. I remember seeing him in the Mississippi State game (I think that was the one) when he made that really athletic defensive play and swatted the ball away and he left quite an impression. He continued to make such plays during the year and I am really excited to see him play next year.

This is an easy one: Tray Blackmon! I want to see what he can do in Muschamp's defense since he is the blitz linebacker in Mushamp's scheme.

Another possibility is Robert Dunn. I want to see what he can do in the return game.

Tre Smith,because I think he has always been a great player just not a great punt returner.He's a great running back in my opinion and needs a few games where he can actually get 20 touches.Has there ever been a game besides the Bama game where he had about 20 touches?

Prechae Rodriguez, Tommy Trott and Brad Lester on offense and Tray Blackmon on defense.

If he can stay healthy, Lester should have a big year. Kenny Irons is our starter but Borges will use both backs as he did with Brown and Williams in 2004.

Trott will eventually become Brandon's comfort zone.

Prechae should prosper from all the focus on Taylor.

Tristan Davis. If he is better as a safety than he was as a running back last year, I can't wait to see it.

I am very anxious to see the entire LB corps, especially in the new scheme. Tray Blackmon should be a headhunter, Herring should have been there in the first place possibly and Karibi Dede in a lead role, not in the Williams' shadows.

On Offense, I want to see Robert Dunn and Tommy Trott in action. The one I don't want to see in action in '06 is Ben Tate. No offense to him, but I hope the other backs play so well that the coaches get a chance to redshirt him.

I am looking forward to seeing Tray Blackmon play, but I'm gonna hate seeing the ambulance on the field every other play.

Tre Smith,because I think he has always been a great player just not a great  punt returner.He's a great running back in my opinion and needs a few games where he can actually get 20 touches.Has there ever been a game besides the Bama game where he had about 20 touches?

236810[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but Tre Smith had his day (Iron Bowl 2002), It is obvious to me that he can not be a starting RB in the SEC. He is too small, and wayyyyyyyyy to easy to tackle. Anywho, I wanna see Blackmon of course, and I also wanna see Ben Tate. I believe Tate is the real deal, and given a chance I think he will shine.

While there's no doubt about Kenny Irons starting at running back, I'm interested in seeing how Brad Lester and Ben Tate do behind him--who is heir apparent for the throne at "Runningback U" after Kenny moves on to Sunday play?

And I'm excited about the entire Muschamp defense in general, looking forward to a lot of aggressive, head-hunting D!

And I'm excited about the entire Muschamp defense in general, looking forward to a lot of aggressive, head-hunting D!

236915[/snapback]

Ditto. The thought of Auburn actually running a blitz!

Tre Smith,because I think he has always been a great player just not a great  punt returner.He's a great running back in my opinion and needs a few games where he can actually get 20 touches.Has there ever been a game besides the Bama game where he had about 20 touches?

236810[/snapback]

I like Tre and will be forever appreciative of his effort against Alabama, but I don't want to see him get 20 touches in any game. If he's getting 20 touches, AU is either playing a high school team or something has gone horribly wrong.

okay aside from the obvious of watching the best running back in the country. i'm excited about watching will herring play the linebacker spot (helloooooo all-conference at a second position), david turn into this year's carlos rogers, tommy trott become our second leading receiver, and brad lester make a run at fullwood's ypc in a season record.

Herring at LB.

The real concern is the Offensive Tackle positions.

Can King Dunlap and Leon Hart stay healthy?

Also the fullback spot?

Man I hope Tre doesn't read some of this......But if you do hey you got a fan in me.And for what it's worth I really don't think you were given an ample shot at something I think you can be great in.If size means everything then the Little train meant nothing.

Man I hope Tre doesn't read some of this......But if you do hey you got a fan in me.And for what it's worth I really don't think you were given an ample shot at something I think you can be great in.If size means everything then the Little train meant nothing.

237206[/snapback]

Hey if he could hold on to the football I'd be right there with you, alot of us would be.

By the way, I dont agree with your statement," I really don't think you were given an ample shot." Thats totally out of whack. Tre was given every opportunity in the world to start last season, he was given the #1 role for the first game and it was always his to keep.... he lost his starting job to 2 other capable backs.

One more thing and I'll be quite...I know a lot of you recognize this but that string of four in a row started on Tre's legs.Ronnie Brown if I do recall fumbled quite often in his day as well.I think Tre also got hurt again.That's one of the reason's he lost his starting job.His shoulder?

Also Campbell wasn't that great untill his senior year,it's just we at Auburn don't have as tough of time benching RB's as we do QB's because we've been blessed with them.I hope he runs with the same,I'm gonna prove you wrong mentallity as Campbell did his SR year. :thumbsup:;)

Also Campbell wasn't that great untill his senior year,it's just we at Auburn don't have as tough of time benching RB's  as we do QB's ....

237210[/snapback]

There is little an AU fan can say that angers me more than this. I simply cannot believe our own people buy into this nonsense. It's a myth.

I'm not going to bother to go back and pull up all the stats that render this statement absurd, but we've had this discussion before. And it ticks me off to no end that it's still coming back up -- and propgated by an Auburn fan, of all things.

Pathetic.

There is little an AU fan can say that angers me more than this.  I simply cannot believe our own people buy into this nonsense.  It's a myth. 

I'm not going to bother to go back and pull up all the stats that render this statement absurd, but we've had this discussion before. And it ticks me off to no end that it's still coming back up -- and propgated by an Auburn fan, of all things.

Pathetic.

237220[/snapback]

Even if you take away JC's senior stats, he has the second highest QB rating of all of Auburn's "passing" QB's.

Rating- Player

143.11- B. Cox 04-05

136.32- Campbell 01-03

133.03- Nix 92-95

132.17- Burger 84-87

131.70- Slack 86-89

131.47- Sullivan 69-71

131.03- Leard 97-00

129.65- Craig 94-97

124.08- Cobb 00-02

110.51- White 90-93

99.23- L.Carter 66-68

Also Campbell wasn't that great untill his senior year,it's just we at Auburn don't have as tough of time benching RB's  as we do QB's ....

237210[/snapback]

There is little an AU fan can say that angers me more than this. I simply cannot believe our own people buy into this nonsense. It's a myth.

Pathetic.

237220[/snapback]

I know I said I would be quite and I guess I'm sticking my foot in my mouth,but hey,I was just giving props to my man Tre and some of you ,well you spoke not so highly of him.The question was who are you looking foward to see this year,he's my pick...may not be yours but that's my pick.Now I didn't say I didn't like Jason,I don't think he's was that fantastic in his first three years he had some good games.So do I have the same right to be peeved as you Galan about your cracks at Tre?

I'll live with my experiences and thoughts and you live with yours.end of story

not pathetic ...opinion AS Yogi bear says jeesh.....what a grouch!!!

237210[/snapback]

Pathetic.

237220[/snapback]

not pathetic ...opinion

237225[/snapback]

Experiences and thoughts or verifiable stats?

What to do? What to do?

Uh... I'll go with verifiable stats.

Your " thoughts" are invalid leading to emotions that are not based in reality. Please see Stat Tiger's post above. And keep erroneous opinions, particularly when they pertain to one of the classiest, most team-oriented guys AU has ever produced, out of the public arena. Leave the Jason bashing to jealous bammers.

237210[/snapback]

Pathetic.

237220[/snapback]

not pathetic ...opinion

237225[/snapback]

What to do? What to do?

Uh... I'll go with verifiable stats.

Your " thoughts" are invalid leading to emotions that are not based in reality. Please see Stat Tiger's post above. And keep erroneous opinions, particularly when they pertain to one of the classiest, most team-oriented guys AU has ever produced, out of the public arena. Leave the Jason bashing to jealous bammers.

237226[/snapback]

Did you not bash Tre?I didn't bash anyone....I think you're a weee bit melo-dra-matic..... :)

Archived