Which player are you looking forward to see?

PChamp119

There is little an AU fan can say that angers me more than this.  I simply cannot believe our own people buy into this nonsense.  It's a myth. 

I'm not going to bother to go back and pull up all the stats that render this statement absurd, but we've had this discussion before. And it ticks me off to no end that it's still coming back up -- and propgated by an Auburn fan, of all things.

Pathetic.

237220[/snapback]

Even if you take away JC's senior stats, he has the second highest QB rating of all of Auburn's "passing" QB's.

Rating- Player

143.11- B. Cox 04-05

136.32- Campbell 01-03

133.03- Nix 92-95

132.17- Burger 84-87

131.70- Slack 86-89

131.47- Sullivan 69-71

131.03- Leard 97-00

129.65- Craig 94-97

124.08- Cobb 00-02

110.51- White 90-93

99.23- L.Carter 66-68

237221[/snapback]

Ok that's great,I got one question Cobb is above Stan White...now who on this board can raise their hand and honestly say that Cobb was a better QB than Stan.

I can't but I guess stats don't lie. An a Heisman trophy winner is usually in the middle of the pack :poke:

JC most definitely was BELOW PAR his first three years under center. Somone has a short memory when Cobb won the job over Cambell his Sophmore year - he played poorly throughout his starts. That is when Campbell got the nod again.

To say Campbell was good all 4 years at Auburn is what is pathetic...

JC most definitely was BELOW PAR his first three years under center.  Somone has a short memory when Cobb won the job over Cambell his Sophmore year - he played poorly throughout his starts.  That is when Campbell got the nod again.

To say Campbell was good all 4 years at Auburn is what is pathetic...

237234[/snapback]

Ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.

You and Prog should go ahead and become Bama fans. You'd fit in better. Your attitudes REEK of Tahd.

Simply put, when Jason Campbell had a quality coach, he produced good numbers. Before Borges, Campbell had a GREAT year in 2002 but had a limited number of pass attempts because we had not settled on a full time starter at QB until midway through the season.

His QB rating for the 2002 season had him rated at the 5th best QB in the country and #1 in the SEC.

2003 was a down year because Hugh Nall could not make gameday adjustments on offense when they were needed. Bobby Petrino and Al Borges was able to adjust their games, thus Campbell had his most productive games under the more productive offensive coaches.

Obviously the people who are up there saying Jason was bad except for his senior year either: A. Didn't watch games until Auburn went undefeated B. Really dont know the game of football

Jason had a GREAT sophmore year. I remember all the hype surrounding him, caddy, ronnie, & tre right before the preseason #1 ranking after that season. Under Petrino Jason flourished.

When the offensive coaching was there, Jason performed at high levels. Besides, even his "down" years, if you want to call it that, weren't that bad... he was just too much a product of the system.

Coaches love a player like Jason... he will perform the system to its upmost efficiency, whether the system in place is good or bad.

Also Campbell wasn't that great untill his senior year,it's just we at Auburn don't have as tough of time benching RB's  as we do QB's ....

237210[/snapback]

There is little an AU fan can say that angers me more than this. I simply cannot believe our own people buy into this nonsense. It's a myth.

I'm not going to bother to go back and pull up all the stats that render this statement absurd, but we've had this discussion before. And it ticks me off to no end that it's still coming back up -- and propgated by an Auburn fan, of all things.

Pathetic.

237220[/snapback]

AMEN!!!! Sick of this line! :puke:

:au::homer:

Uhhnmmm hello....I didn't bash Jason I liked him very much....I just said.. I... (ME) didn't think he was that great in (some of his earlier seasons) hinting at maybe Tre could explode his Senior year like he did...Now I'm a "tide fan"?and Galen you did dis Tre,s so is it OK for you to pick and choose who can be disrespected and who can't?

This topic was who are you looking forward to seeing this season....I said Tre....and then for some reason a couple had to say Nahhhh!!! Why I don't know...but for some reason my pick was stupid or not good enough.Why couldn't YOU guys have been more optimistic(that is what this board preaches isn't it?). and just replie(if you had to at all) Yeh maybe he can rise up this year?

Geeesshhh Galen's Ghost??? More like Galen's Goat.....baaaaaa!!!

Tre isn't even the 4th best back on the roster.... I'd rather have Ben Tate out there exploding as a freshman than fumble woe Tre.

Tre isn't even the 4th best back on the roster.... I'd rather have Ben Tate out there exploding as a freshman than fumble woe Tre.

237346[/snapback]

vatz ??? your one of the most positive people on this board....why the hate for Tre?Man I'm sure he's working hard,let's review him after he's gone before we write him off as a blundering idiot.Look thumbs up to each and every one of you boys that put on that blue jersey and walk on Pat Dye field...

237346[/snapback]

vatz ??? your one of the most positive people on this board....why the hate for Tre?Man I'm sure he's working hard,let's review him after he's gone before we write him off as a blundering idiot.Look thumbs up to each and every one of you boys that put on that blue jersey and walk on Pat Dye field...

237439[/snapback]

Look, I know he's not a blundering idiot.... but he definitely needs to learn how to hold on to that football!! I looked forward to him as a punt returner last year but I believe Dunn has replaced him in that position :( I like Tre and his ability, but last year kinda backed me away when he turned over the ball as much as he did <_<

237346[/snapback]

237439[/snapback]

No one here is "bashing" Tre at all. I can't speak for everyone, but im sure that the majority of people on this board will agree that AU is a better team with him on the field. With that said, I don't think Tre is the best man for the job. I dont discount him due to the fumbles, everyone loses the ball occasionally. However, I just realize that he doesn't have the size to be a consistent running back. During the GA Tech game he was arm tackled numerous times, which usually does not happen to a RB with good size.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Tre Smith cemented himself into Auburn lore with his performance against Alabama as a true freshman. To surmise that one game makes him a better back than some of the talent that we have on the field this year is a little shortsighted. I love Tre and he will always be an Auburn legend. But if I were Al Borges, come Washington State, Kenny Irons would be followed by Brad Lester, who would be spelled by Ben Tate. Tre would be worked into the lineup as a "H" or "F" or whatever initial they use for the slot back this year. He is talented enough to play, but not to supplant the others as an every down back.

Jason Campbell was a damn fine QB for three years at Auburn. It was the team more than Jason that was subpar until his senior season.

As far as this year, I want to see Trott on offense (he was awesome at A-Day) and Blackmon on defense.

Archived