Possible Recruiting violations in the SEC

I found this article written by Ron Higgins in the Memphis Commercial Appeal. Pay attention to the bottom of the article...... it talks about one coach in the SEC being turned by 7 other coaches. Most people are speculating that coach O at Ole Miss is the person cheating. Here is the link

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/sports...4733079,00.html

By Ron Higgins, MR Dry Ribs aka MDR

3. When the Southeastern Conference gathers for its annual spring business meetings this week in Destin, Fla., the league again will set a record for revenue sharing.

MDR has been told that the conference will split $115 million, which is about $4 million to $5 million more than last year.

The one thing that the conference needs to continue to work on is its image as a renegade league that doesn't mind breaking a rule or two or 10 or 20. SEC commissioner Mike Slive has made it his platform since coming into the league several years ago to have a league free of schools on probation.

Slive remains steadfast in his goal. Here's hoping he gets there, but erasing cheating in recruiting is hard. MDR has had a couple of football coaches tell him that one coach currently in the league was turned in by seven different schools (and not all in the SEC) for alleged recruiting violations.

He is refering to this line about cheating:

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slive remains steadfast in his goal. Here's hoping he gets there, but erasing cheating in recruiting is hard. MDR has had a couple of football coaches tell him that one coach currently in the league was turned in by seven different schools (and not all in the SEC) for alleged recruiting violations.

I think we have a winner. The only other member to give him a run for his money would have been some tool named "KnownByTheCompanyYouKeep", but I guess he's gone back under his rock. :D

I think we have a winner.  The only other member to give him a run for his money would have been some tool named "KnownByTheCompanyYouKeep", but I guess he's gone back under his rock.    :D

237837[/snapback]

Or is going by an alias... :poke:

I think we have a winner.  The only other member to give him a run for his money would have been some tool named "KnownByTheCompanyYouKeep", but I guess he's gone back under his rock.    :D

237837[/snapback]

237848[/snapback]

Maybe he joined the Navy? :poke:

237837[/snapback]

237848[/snapback]

Maybe he joined the Navy? :poke:

237871[/snapback]

Hey now!

Archived