Army Louie refuses to deploy to Iraq

Ranger12

Our commodity isn't some product that can be manufactured. Our commodity is our soldiers. Military leaders MUST be involved in their soldiers' lives and know what is going on. I care about my soldiers...

Gee, I'm glad you care...

I'm telling you, 90 to 95% of soldiers that get out DON'T have a clue as to what they are going to do when they get out other than go home and live with mommy and daddy till they figure it out. They AREN'T looking for jobs in advance of their seperation date nor are most looking at prospective universities to attend prior to getting out. The majority that get out are getting out just for the sake of getting out. Those that do usually have bad attitudes and were dirtbags anyway.

That's a pretty bleak picture you paint of our fine military men and women. 90-95% leave the military with no direction whatsover and totally lack discipline and initiative? You can stand by that representation if you want, and tell me I don't know anything, but I think you are exagerating those numbers significantly just to make a point at the expense of the fine men and women that make up our voluntary force. You're stabbing your fellow soldiers in the back, IMO. That's just shameful.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One thing puzzles me about the article. It mentioned that there have been about 80 something conscientious objectors approved. Now, I can understand that happening in a draft, but it happening in a volunteer military confuses me. If you were truly a concientious objector, why would you join the military to begin with? If you hate war in any form, why would you choose a line of work in which the main job description is to wage war if necessary?

239866[/snapback]

I understand your bewilderment-- it does seem somewhat contradictory. I can think of two scenarios under which this could happen, but both would be extremely rare, I imagine. One would be if someone signed up because of they felt a calling to minister to the troops in a non-fighting way, i.e., volunteering as a medic or chaplain. The other might be if someone undergoes a deep religious conversion after signing up. I would expect such conversions to be exceedingly rare, however.

Our commodity isn't some product that can be manufactured. Our commodity is our soldiers. Military leaders MUST be involved in their soldiers' lives and know what is going on. I care about my soldiers...

I'm telling you, 90 to 95% of soldiers that get out DON'T have a clue as to what they are going to do when they get out other than go home and live with mommy and daddy till they figure it out. They AREN'T looking for jobs in advance of their seperation date nor are most looking at prospective universities to attend prior to getting out. The majority that get out are getting out just for the sake of getting out. Those that do usually have bad attitudes and were dirtbags anyway.

That's a pretty bleak picture you paint of our fine military men and women. 90-95% leave the military with no direction whatsover and totally lack discipline and initiative? You can stand by that representation if you want, and tell me I don't know anything, but I think you are exagerating those numbers significantly just to make a point at the expense of the fine men and women that make up our voluntary force. You're stabbing your fellow soldiers in the back, IMO. That's just shameful.

239926[/snapback]

Hey retard, try reading my posts a little more closely beforing replying. Did I say that 90-95% of the people in the Army continually get out? No. If that were the case we wouldn't even have a standing Army...which I'm sure you would just relish. What I said was 90-95% of the people WHO GET OUT don't have a plan for what they are going to do once they do get out. The percentage of people who actually get out, in my experience, is FAR smaller than the percentage who reenlist. My experience has taught me that those who DO get out with NO plan whatsoever DO lack discipline, DO have a bad attitude, DO bring down unit morale, DO have a negative counseling packet 6 inches thick, and ARE dirtbags who I could care less what happens to them. THEY represent the 90-95% figure I'm talking about. Your kind of people I would assume. It is a soldiers' perogative to get out when their term is up and those that WANT to succeed when they get out but need and ask for a little help, those that DON'T want to leech off momma and daddy when they get out, those that ARE disciplined, those that DO pull their weight...I will help them in any manner possible to ensure they leave the Army headed in the right direction. Unfortunately, they only represent about 5-10% of the people getting out.

Call me a backstabber if you wish, I could care less. You speak from ignorance and not operational experience. The only person I want to stab in the back....scratch that.....bayonet in the face is you.

239926[/snapback]

Hey retard, try reading my posts a little more closely beforing replying. Did I say that 90-95% of the people in the Army continually get out? No. If that were the case we wouldn't even have a standing Army...which I'm sure you would just relish. What I said was 90-95% of the people WHO GET OUT don't have a plan for what they are going to do once they do get out. The percentage of people who actually get out, in my experience, is FAR smaller than the percentage who reenlist. My experience has taught me that those who DO get out with NO plan whatsoever DO lack discipline, DO have a bad attitude, DO bring down unit morale, DO have a negative counseling packet 6 inches thick, and ARE dirtbags who I could care less what happens to them. THEY represent the 90-95% figure I'm talking about. Your kind of people I would assume. It is a soldiers' perogative to get out when their term is up and those that WANT to succeed when they get out but need and ask for a little help, those that DON'T want to leech off momma and daddy when they get out, those that ARE disciplined, those that DO pull their weight...I will help them in any manner possible to ensure they leave the Army headed in the right direction. Unfortunately, they only represent about 5-10% of the people getting out.

Call me a backstabber if you wish, I could care less. You speak from ignorance and not operational experience. The only person I want to stab in the back....scratch that.....bayonet in the face is you.

239935[/snapback]

So you stand by the statement that 95% of those who fulfill their commitment, but don't reenlist are "dirtbags." Okay.

Oooh. You want to drive your government issued bayonet through my face! No, you're not unhinged. Get that Tigrinum Major? That's your boy! Just more evidence of how you lack the temperament to be placed in a position of meaningful responsibility. As I've said before, an international incident waiting to happen.

239926[/snapback]

239935[/snapback]

239945[/snapback]

So you stand by the statement that 95% of those who fulfill their commitment, but don't reenlist are "dirtbags."  Okay.

239945[/snapback]

You're a simple idiot whose strengths certainly do not include reading comprehension.

Oooh.  You want to drive your government issued bayonet through my face!

239945[/snapback]

Nah, not really. There is a such thing as TOO MUCH fun.

Archived