DKW 86

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20...41042-9038r.htm

Told you so....

Democrats call Zarqawi killing a stunt

By Amy Fagan

THE WASHINGTON TIMES

June 8, 2006

4:09 p.m.

Some Democrats, breaking ranks from their leadership, today said the death of terrorist leader Abu Musab Zarqawi in Iraq was a stunt to divert attention from an unpopular and hopeless war.

"This is just to cover Bush's [rear] so he doesn't have to answer" for Iraqi civilians being killed by the U.S. military and his own sagging poll numbers, said Rep. Pete Stark, California Democrat. "Iraq is still a mess -- get out."

Rep. Dennis J. Kucinich, Ohio Democrat, said Zarqawi was a small part of "a growing anti-American insurgency" and that it's time to get out.

David, I love how this sentence makes you want to sweep all Dems into this category, yet you criticize anyone on this board, make any broad sweeping statements about Reps.

Some Democrats, breaking ranks from their leadership

David, I love how this sentence makes you want to sweep all Dems into this category, yet you criticize anyone on this board, make any broad sweeping statements about Reps. 
Some Democrats, breaking ranks from their leadership

239601[/snapback]

To validate the point David makes, all one has to do is go back to the days just before the 2004 election. I recall several democrats predicting Bush would unveil OBL just before the polls opened in November. The conspiracy kooks claimed that we had secretly captured him months before in Afghanistan ahd were holding him (under Bush's orders) in a secret prison in order to sway public opinion and win the election.

I didn't see where David lumped every member of the democrat party into this absurdity. I believe he was merely pointing out that it was dems (as a party) that once again took a few too many hits off the tube of airplane glue before responding to this wonderful event in the media.

channonc I never said ALL, I just predicted and then found that there were some making the news with these crazy claims. Kookcinich is one of my favorites in the Dem Party. I bet many Dems wish folks like him would just go away.

David: I'm gonna find a Democrat or two, no matter how obscure, who diminishes this and then I'm gonna say, "I told you so."

Good for you. That's very meaningful. :rolleyes:

The fact of the matter is that it was dems that said it, regardless of how many of them actually said it. For all we know is that these few dems are only speaking out on what probably more members of their party are thinking. They are not the only members of that party that have said things like that in the past. If their party really does not like them saying that, then they need to ask them to publically apologize and if they don't, the party leaders need to make it known that they do not speak for the rest of the party.

Have they done that and will they do that? I would be very surprised if they do.

If we ever catch OBL while Bush is in office, there will be dems to try to bring up the same crap. It will happen.

THE POINT IS THAT DEMS HAVE SHOWN IN THE PAST AND HAVE SHOWN AGAIN THAT THEY CARE MORE ABOUT HOW THEIR PARTY LOOKS THEN THE SECURITY AND SAFETY OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE MILITARY PERSONNEL OVERSEES.

THE POINT IS THAT DEMS HAVE SHOWN IN THE PAST AND HAVE SHOWN AGAIN THAT THEY CARE MORE ABOUT HOW THEIR PARTY LOOKS THEN THE SECURITY AND SAFETY OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE MILITARY PERSONNEL OVERSEAS.

239690[/snapback]

:thumbsup: AMEN!

While Bush has sought to frighten the American people with apocalyptic visions of Islamic terrorists establishing an empire that “spans from Spain to Indonesia,” the new intelligence data actually reveals al-Qaeda as a largely dissipated force that now exists more as an inspiration to violence than as an organized movement.

While Bush has sought to frighten the American people with apocalyptic visions of Islamic terrorists establishing an empire that “spans from Spain to Indonesia,” the new intelligence data actually reveals al-Qaeda as a largely dissipated force that now exists more as an inspiration to violence than as an organized movement.

239708[/snapback]

And this was accomplished how? PLEASE answer that question and you will ultimately have the legacy of Bush. The admin is telling everyone that we will have an attack by the end of the year. I dont know. If we do, it would be very bad for the Republicans. On the other hand, it could very well ignite a bunch of nationalism again.

The documents we recently found saying that the alqaeda members are getting more and more impatient with the leadership is very telling. Maybe we are winning.

If things are going as BF quoted above, and the documents say it too, then arent we winning?

Archived