Auburn Resident Makes Good

Bottomfeeder

sure wish i could respond, but I'm never going to simply click a link entitled ' crooksandliars'. I'm guessing that's some moveon.org type nonsensee, and it's been well established that bush didn't lie us into war.

Well, CNN probably has it. A fifteen year old girl has a blog and website called peace takes courage, and it's pretty liberal, I guess. But, what the heck, I'm antiwar anyway, so I thought I would link to it. I figured she deserves some backing because see is receiving death threats for her video.

http://www.peacetakescourage.com/page-home.htm

http://www.peacetakescourage.com/page-about.htm

avaabout.jpg

Peace Takes Courage is a project by Ava Lowery. Ava is a 15 year

old student and peace activist from Alabama. In Mid-March 2005,

she created her first animation. Since then she has made over 70

animations, many of them about the war in Iraq. In April 2006,

Cindy Sheehan wrote an article about Ava and her effort to

promote peace through this website. Ava has been featured on

Progressive Magazine online, MichaelMoore.com, Buzzflash.com,

Truthout.org, and other sites.

Here is the video from her website:

http://www.peacetakescourage.com/wwjd.html

Well, CNN has probably it. A fifteen year old girl has a blog and website called peace takes courage, and it's pretty liberal, I guess. But, what the heck, I'm antiwar anyway, so I thought I would link to it. I figured she deserves some backing because see is receiving death threats for her video.

Yeah, 15 yr old girls are like that. Ava is the consumate Lib. Naive to the world, overly idealistic and void of any real life experience. But she's targeting the wrong audience. It's not us , but the Islamo-terrorist who needs to hear her message.

(btw....did you get permission from those in the photograph to display their private moment in such a public manner? Just wondering. )

That's why children should leave adult things to adults. It would be ni8ce to look at the world as she does ONLY if the rest of the world did the same. But at 15, she has yet to experience life enough to understand that not all people would embrace her ideology EVER. That is the sinful nature of man. Jesus woudl definitely do things differently, i. e. turn the other cheek. But man was not and is not in any way a manifestation of GOD. Therefore, until Jesus returns, there will be no peace on earth. And when he does return for the final time, there will be massive loss of life. No true peace will ever be attained without loss of life. Even in the Bible.

I just roll my eyes anytime I see anybody under the age of 25 talk about politics. I know the legal voting age is 18, but I don't think a person honestly has enough life experience to speak on such things until then. Most young people's opinion is based upon their parent's opinion or what their teacher taught them in school. They have not live enough on their own or had enough "real life" experiences to actually truly shape their own opinion yet.

If I was to vote today the way I felt as a teenager, I probably would be a liberal. My parents did not raise me in church and I did not start going to church until I was around 14, but even then I was not mature enought to associate my faith with politics, nor did I care too. It was not until I was selected by my faculty to attend Boys State in the summer between my junior and senior year, did I start to fully comprehend the politics of government. Even after that, I did not lean towards any party or view. I just supported who I thought seemed like a "cooler" candidate. Once I joined the Army and also became a family man, did my political views start to take form, but I still was not "politically active" when it came election time. I did not become active in campaigning for candidates I support until just a few years ago. I think things like that come with maturity and living through good and hard times as an adult.

BF, why are you politicizing the grief of those people in your signature? Are you that big of a heartless jackass? How would you like it if I posted a picture of your dead mother?

You can be anti-war all you like, but events such as this are off limits. You're no different in my opinion than that Westboro Baptist Church bunch.

(btw....did you get permission from those in the photograph to display their private moment in such a public manner?  Just wondering. )

I didn't take the shot, it is on another website. Carolyn Kay's website makethemaccountable.com. It touched me the same way it does everyone else. The first pic shows the humorous side of war, and also those two chickenhawks, then the second pic shows the reality of war. I'm really not trying to politicize it, just an expression of the reality of over 2500 families just like ours. People need to see this stuff. Grief is part of life, just like death and taxes. See it as you wish, it stays for right now.

I'm really not trying to politicize it, just an expression of the reality of over 2500 families just like ours. People need to see this stuff. Grief is part of life, just like death and taxes.

241818[/snapback]

Would you walk into a funeral home and start snapping pictures of the corpse and asking, "Who died. I have a right to know?" Of course you wouldn't, at least I hope you possess an ounce of decency not to.

This is no different. A funeral is not an open place for people to score political points. Let the soldier rest in piece and grant his family some dignity.

Remove the picture.

Just as an FYI for the little girl. WE are not blowing up the little children. The terrorists are. But I guess if we just leave, it will all stop. As my son's convoy of humvees was driving throught the streets, the children would come out and greet them. They had made friends with several. Because most of our troops have borthers, sisters, or children of their own. Tehn as the children come out to greet, the terrorists wait untile the children are between the bomb and the humvee. As an 18 yr old looks on in horror at the body parts of children everywhere. As an 18 yr old trained first repsonder has to hold his position while a five yr old with no legs bleeds out in front of him. While the same little girl he gave a stuffed animal to a few days earlier lies dead in the pile. This little misguided twit is saying its his fault? He fired no shot. He detonated no bomb. His M240 sat idle. And the cowardly enemy runs away. Its his fault?

She shows a few pics and wants us to believe that the war was a mistake and wrong. Good thing she was not around during WWII. She is like every other librul who, if part of their family gets blown to bits, then they will understand the mission and the war that is global, not just in Iraq. Young and narrow minded. No one feels as bad for the children as our troops do.

The girl is from Auburn? Wow, I was shocked when I heard the CNN reporter say that. She is young and naive, but you have to respect the fact that she has the fortitude to voice her opinion to the world and stand by it when people threaten her. It is pretty immature for people to e-mail or call and threaten her life. I totally agree that it is not U.S. troops who are intentionally killing civilians, but war is ugly and horrible things are happening on a daily basis. I do believe that we should not have invaded Iraq because we haven't even found the root of the problem yet, Bin Laden and his clan. Even though Hussein is an asshat, why get ourselves bogged down in a guerilla war in the wrong country? Makes no sense to me. Every super-power in history has fallen because they overextended themselves and invaded too many countries at once. Even the mighty American military is capable of being defeated. I am very concerned that we will invade another Middle-Eastern country in the future while the Iraq situation is still ongoing and meet our match. These people do not think like us in any way, shape, or form. They are fanatical and will not stop. There is no truce or timeout for them. Even people on this board who are military have to recognize that. I don't have answers to the situation, just offering my two cents.

You must be fairly young. The US does not nor will it ever meet its match militarily. If we ever fall it will be after the rapture or from weak liberals inside our own country. But if need be, the US will surprise you and rise up to become one of the most formidable forces ever in history. Old men will fight, women will fight, the young will fight even harder. To defeat those that would ever have a chance of destroying us with a nuclear bomb is what we must do. Not if, must. To be scared of losing is having already given up and lost. You would be surprised at how many folks in this country feel Iran and N. Korea are a huge threat.

I didn't take the shot, it is on another website.

Which web site? Do you know if THAT site had their permission? Sorry, you can pretend all you want, but saying " I'm really not trying to politicize it. " doesn't make it so. You ARE politicizing this,and your petty attempt to own up to it is simply disgusting. Why not post images of our dead soldiers ? Or how about Nick Berg? Hey, those are ' as real as it gets ' too, so why the selective posting of pics?

You're politicizing, that's why.

I imagine this girl's parents are pretty liberal, hence, her current beliefs and actions. I could be wrong but the apple usually doesn't fall far from the tree.

I imagine this girl's parents are pretty liberal, hence, her current beliefs and actions. I could be wrong but the apple usually doesn't fall far from the tree.

241975[/snapback]

Both parents, if they're still married. Possibly a family friend, a teacher or some such if she's from a broken home.

I agree that the we have the strongest military in the world and that noone can defeat us one on one. All I am saying is that I don't want to see our people get bogged down in multiple conflicts at once. This has happened several times throughout history and major military powers have been defeated. We are already actively fighting two conflicts and have troops staioned all over the world. As we all know, there definitely are more countries out there with evil leaders who hate America and are plotting ways to instigate a fight with us. I am concerned that we may be taking on more than we can handle all at once. We are Goliath, but David did win and I don't believe we are invincable.

Guest Tigrinum Major
We are Goliath, but David did win and I don't believe we are invincable.

241991[/snapback]

David had God on his side. Call me elitist, but I am of the opinion that the folks we are fighting are on the wrong side of that eternal battle.

We are Goliath, but David did win and I don't believe we are invincable.

241991[/snapback]

David had God on his side. Call me elitist, but I am of the opinion that the folks we are fighting are on the wrong side of that eternal battle.

241992[/snapback]

Beat me to it. Immediately what came to mind when I read his statement.

Ava was on Scarborough Country the other night...

It was an Auburn liberal vs a Crimson conservative. Scarborough is a Bama grad and big Tide fan...

The state was represented by both sides... and both teams. :D

WE are not blowing up the little children. The terrorists are.

241859[/snapback]

Not according to the Marines. They're filing murder charges, out the ying-yang, to cover their @$$#$.

WE are not blowing up the little children. The terrorists are.

241859[/snapback]

Not according to the Marines. They're filing murder charges, out the ying-yang, to cover their @$$#$.

242384[/snapback]

The pukes in lawyer suits are offering up our boys as sacraficial lambs to appease the weenies ( like yourself ) who want to vilify our forces for the sake of political correctness. There is no ' out the ying-yang ' filing of murder charges, and you know it. How ******* sad you are, BF

Just as an FYI for the little girl. WE are not blowing up the little children. The terrorists are. ...Young and narrow minded. No one feels as bad for the children as our troops do.

241859[/snapback]

Well, most of our troops, certainly. But not all. One of them is eager to get in on it, and act just like them:

We should go in and wipe the SOB's out, take no prisoners and show no mercy. The town of Youssifiyah would cease to exist. Kill every man, woman, child, animal, whatever in that hellhole. By the time the smoke settles, there wouldn't be two bricks left standing.

That's our own "Tiger in Spain."

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...ndpost&p=241994

And not a single "so-called conservative" on this board has called him on it.

Just as an FYI for the little girl. WE are not blowing up the little children. The terrorists are. ...Young and narrow minded. No one feels as bad for the children as our troops do.

241859[/snapback]

Well, most of our troops, certainly. But not all. One of them is eager to get in on it, and act just like them:

We should go in and wipe the SOB's out, take no prisoners and show no mercy. The town of Youssifiyah would cease to exist. Kill every man, woman, child, animal, whatever in that hellhole. By the time the smoke settles, there wouldn't be two bricks left standing.

242446[/snapback]

Probably cause we don't disagree with him. He said we'd leave a brick or two standing, how much more friggin' conservative do you want us to be??? Cripes almighty...

241859[/snapback]

242446[/snapback]

Probably cause we don't disagree with him. He said we'd leave a brick or two standing, how much more friggin' conservative do you want us to be??? Cripes almighty...

242457[/snapback]

Okay, CCTAU, that's two folks on the board who are all for killing children... Do we have a third?

Tigrinium, here's your drinking buddy again...

241859[/snapback]

242446[/snapback]

242457[/snapback]

Okay, CCTAU, that's two folks on the board who are all for killing children... Do we have a third?

Tigrinium, here's your drinking buddy again...

242460[/snapback]

Whatever it takes to keep my soldiers alive, soldiers that could soon include CCTAU's son. I have to do my best to get them back home alive to their families. Whatever it takes. The lives of my soldiers mean more to me than any haji.

Hard for you to fathom I know. Don't think about it too hard, you might give yourself a migraine.

Archived