"Kenny who?"

vatz22au

So, All-SEC teams should be chosen based on one game's worh of stats? And only YPC?

That wasnt the argument. It was suggested that Kenny Irons is all world and Darby is crap based on their performance this year in the iron bowl. And i would MUCH rather have a guy run 18 times for 89 yards than a guy who ran 28 times for 103 yards.

The one touchdown isnt that big of a deal to me considering both times we got down in the red zone we scored RUSHING touchdowns.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take Kenny's TD over YPC anyday B) Doesn't matter if you dont find the endzone :cheer:

Like I said earlier, Darby doesnt get in the formation around the goal line. Castille does. Darby got us down there, Castille got us in the end zone.

BG03... your logic is horrible. That would be like if Carnell stopped running after the opening play of the 03 Iron Bowl that his total yardage would've reached 1600 yards in one game.

Ken Darby couldn't get the job done. Yes, he had a higher YPC, but that is also because Auburn did nothing but run the ball in the last... 3 quarters. It was obvious what Auburn was doing - sit on the ball with no fancy play calling. When you are whooping a team as badly as Auburn whooped Bama, damn a retarded kid could've ran the defensive play scheme.

BG03... your logic is horrible. That would be like if Carnell stopped running after the opening play of the 03 Iron Bowl that his total yardage would've reached 1600 yards in one game.

Ken Darby couldn't get the job done. Yes, he had a higher YPC, but that is also because Auburn did nothing but run the ball in the last... 3 quarters. It was obvious what Auburn was doing - sit on the ball with no fancy play calling. When you are whooping a team as badly as Auburn whooped Bama, damn a retarded kid could've ran the defensive play scheme.

You are incorrect. Darby was the only one getting the job done. As a matter of fact...not on did he have a good YPC...he was having to avoid 2 and 3 guys BEFORE he got to the line of scrimmage.

And Brandon Cox attempted his last pass in the 4th Quarter. It was on a drive that started in the 3rd Q that had 3 passes in it. The drive prior he threw a pass on 3rd and 3. The drive prior 3rd and 7. The drive prior was a 3 and out that had 2 passes and one run.

3rd Q 6 passing plays 9 running plays

2nd Q 9 passing plays and only 5 running plays

1st Q 7 passing and 7 rushing

So until the 4th, There were more pass attempts than rushing. Which really makes me laugh when people say Tubby started feeling sorry for us in the 1st q like you guys always like to say.

And until the 4th Q...when CTT MAY have been trying to run out the clock...Irons had 76 yards on 19 attempts. Which is ALSO funny because Darby only had ONE carry in the 4th Q.

Going into the 4th Darby had 81 yards on 17 carries and Irons had 76 on 19...Thats funny. Yeah...Darby sucks and Irons ran all over us.

Good try though.

Didn't Darby have negative yardage until just before halftime?

Didn't AU pummel Bama, then quit playing football for all intensive purposes? Seems like comparing RBs in this game is comparing apples to oranges because the offenses had two completely different goals - because the game was out of hand.

You are incorrect. Darby was the only one getting the job done. As a matter of fact...not on did he have a good YPC...he was having to avoid 2 and 3 guys BEFORE he got to the line of scrimmage.

And Brandon Cox attempted his last pass in the 4th Quarter. It was on a drive that started in the 3rd Q that had 3 passes in it. The drive prior he threw a pass on 3rd and 3. The drive prior 3rd and 7. The drive prior was a 3 and out that had 2 passes and one run.

3rd Q 6 passing plays 9 running plays

2nd Q 9 passing plays and only 5 running plays

1st Q 7 passing and 7 rushing

So until the 4th, There were more pass attempts than rushing. Which really makes me laugh when people say Tubby started feeling sorry for us in the 1st q like you guys always like to say.

And until the 4th Q...when CTT MAY have been trying to run out the clock...Irons had 76 yards on 19 attempts. Which is ALSO funny because Darby only had ONE carry in the 4th Q.

Going into the 4th Darby had 81 yards on 17 carries and Irons had 76 on 19...Thats funny. Yeah...Darby sucks and Irons ran all over us.

Good try though.

All this arguing from a Bama Fan who the CT.comunists have turned their back on, switch over to the good side before its too late! :poke::P

Didn't AU pummel Bama, then quit playing football for all intensive purposes? Seems like comparing RBs in this game is comparing apples to oranges because the offenses had two completely different goals - because the game was out of hand.

Read my post above...then reconsider your post.

Darby had 51 yards on 10 carries at the half. 5.1 yards per...

That wasnt the argument. It was suggested that Kenny Irons is all world and Darby is crap based on their performance this year in the iron bowl.

Please... where was this suggested at any point in the thread? :blink::blink:

That wasnt the argument. It was suggested that Kenny Irons is all world and Darby is crap based on their performance this year in the iron bowl.

From PCChamp:

Apparently he missed Kenny running all over his DL last year... but that makes sense since they were all on their backs

I think all that was suggested is that Mr. Gilberry should have remembered the cat that outgained his boy Darby and had a 100 yd rushing game. No one said anything about Darby being crap. Of course, I imagine the thing that he remembers most is watching his QB have to be unearthed from a mound of orange and blue 11 times.

I think they are tired of hearing EVERYONE talk about EVERYONE else in the SEC and darby getting no love...

Darby comparison vs common opponents (vs McFad & Irons)

Vs. Darren McFadden

Ole Miss

DMac 13 attempts 22 yards 1.7 average 0 td's

Darby 20 attempts 100 yards 5.0 avg. 1 Td

LSU

DMac 24 attempts 57 yards 2.4 avg 1 TD

Darby 21 attempts 104 yards 5.0 avg 0 td's

Miss. State

DMac 21 attempts 165 yards 7.9 average 2 td's

Darby 21 attempts 122 yards 5.8 avg 0 td's

Auburn

DMac 13 attempts 108 yards 8.6 ypc 2 td's

Darby 18 attempts 89 yards 4.9 ypc

South Carolina

DMac 32 attempts 187 yards 5.8 ypc 0 tds

Darby 20 attempts 145 yards 7.3 ypc 1 td

Totals

DMac 103 attempts 539 yards 5.2 ypc and 5 TD's

Darby 100 attempts 560 yards 5.6 ypc and 2 td's

Vs. Kenny Irons

LSU

Irons 27 Attempts 218 yards 8.1 ypc 1 td

Darby 21 attempts 104 yards 5.0 ypc 1 td

Miss. State

Irons 13 attempts 28 yards 2.2 ypc 0 td's

Darby 21 attempts 122 yards 5.8 ypc 0 tds

Ole Miss

Irons 32 attempts 101 yards 3.2 ypc 1 td

Darby 20 attempts 100 yards 5.0 ypc 1 td

Arkansas

Irons 33 attempts 182 yards 5.5 ypc 0 tds

Darby 18 attempts 98 yards 5.4 ypc 0 tds

South Carolina

Irons 11 attempts 27 yards 2.5 ypc 2 tds

Darby 20 attempts 145 yards 7.3 ypc 1 td

Total

Irons 116 attempts 556 yards 4.8 ypc 4 td's

Darby 100 attempts 569 yards 5.7 ypc 3 tds

What a useless thread.

BG, Darby is a good back. If he had good support and good coaching, he would be really good.

Irons was held out early in the season--not because of his running ability but because he couldn't block and pick up the blitzs well.

If he had only run all season, the separation between him and Darby would have really been something. As it was, even with the late start, he lead the SEC.

Irons was coming off two years in limbo and a year off. It was his first real varsity year.

As far as the '05 Iron Bowl is concerned, gimme 103 yards rushing and a touchdown over 110 yards (combined running and catching) ANYTIME. Irons ran well AND put it in the endzone.

As I said, useless thread.

From PCChamp:

Apparently he missed Kenny running all over his DL last year... but that makes sense since they were all on their backs

Still having a hard time finding "Darby is crap based on his performance" in that quote :blink:

BG... how many of those passes from Cox were screen passes or to the HB? I honestly don't know, but I would be interested in knowing.

I don't have anything against Darby, he is a great back. But Kenny still got in the endzone and your boy didn't. Kenny was on the winning team and your boy wasn't.

I have to question the Bama defense if he still got almost 30 yards in the 4th quarter if you knew we were running the ball

Read my post above...then reconsider your post.

Darby had 51 yards on 10 carries at the half. 5.1 yards per...

You're right, I was mistaken. He had 6 for 43 rushing, 1 for 14 receiving in the 1st, 2 for 7 rushing in the second, according to this. I was thinking of the total yardage from the 1st quarter (-6). I knew something was negative. Bama had 24 total yards at the half. I still stand by my point that compairing the two backs in this game is pointless. Both did good, but again, the teams had different objectives.

But seriously, looking at the comparative season numbers i posted...could you guys not see why Gilberry and the rest of the bama team might be SICK and TIRED of hearing about Kenny Irons?

If Irons was 2nd team and Darby was 1st...and EVERYBODY was asking David Irons or Will Herring about what they thought about big bad ken darby...what do you think theyd say? These guys take pride in how good of a back darby is...and they are tired of him not getting any love.

They need to take the earmuffs off then, because I think Darby receives a good bit of attention. He's always mentioned when talking about the SEC's top backs. The only piece of advice I have to offer to your team is to BLOCK if they would like him to get more "love." Perhaps the focus is on Irons, DMac, and the UGA stable lately becasue they know Bama's OL is not going to be good this year. I don't care if Bo is in the backfield, he's not going to get any 150 yard games with fat 12 year old girls blocking for him (well, maybe Bo, but thats it).

They need to take the earmuffs off then, because I think Darby receives a good bit of attention. He's always mentioned when talking about the SEC's top backs. The only piece of advice I have to offer to your team is to BLOCK if they would like him to get more "love." Perhaps the focus is on Irons, DMac, and the UGA stable lately becasue they know Bama's OL is not going to be good this year. I don't care if Bo is in the backfield, he's not going to get any 150 yard games with fat 12 year old girls blocking for him (well, maybe Bo, but thats it).

He had good games all year last year. No reason why he couldnt this year with an even better Oline. Darby has been a solid performer since day one. I think his teammates are just tired of hearing about everyone else. I would be too.

He had good games all year last year. No reason why he couldnt this year with an even better Oline. Darby has been a solid performer since day one. I think his teammates are just tired of hearing about everyone else. I would be too.

I dont think thats the case at all. Doubt one bit that when this player was asked about Kenny that he thought about all of the things you mentioned.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that Kenny plays for Auburn and just wanted to have a little fun with the reporter.

Why would they ask a Bama defender about his own runningback? They aren't up against Darby except in practice. They're going to ask them about the RBs they will be facing. I mean, are they asking John Parker Wilson about Kenny Irons?

Do you see improvement in the OL? The reports I'm hearing describe negative improvement, but they could be biased.

Why would they ask a Bama defender about his own runningback? They aren't up against Darby except in practice. They're going to ask them about the RBs they will be facing. I mean, are they asking John Parker Wilson about Kenny Irons?

I doubt it, but I wouldn't be surprised if ol JPW is tired of hearing about David Irons.

When's the last time 2 brothers scored a TD in the same game?

Bammer players seem to all be running off at the mouth. (ex. Darby whining about not getting respect, Dingleberry not recognizing Irons as the real RB in the SEC, MariJuana Simpson asking for an ice cream). How quickly they forget the ass whipping AU handed them in November. Maybe some facts would help clear the air.

Fact: Irons outrushed Darby in the Iron Bowl.

Fact: Irons scored a TD, Darby did not.

Fact: Bammers claim they had one of the top defenses in the country, and Irons still ran up 100 yds. on them.

Fact: The game was over by the end of the first quarter, the second half AU ran an "A Day" style offense.

Fact: Bammer players should accept that AU is getting all the accolades, and it isn't going to change any time soon.

Fact: Driving around with drugs and a stolen gun in your car makes you a thug and a criminal, period.

Fact: You can try to count the same five star running back for two years to help boost your recruiting ranking, but if he never sees the football field, it doesn't do you any good (maybe Mike Ford can win his four Heisman trophies at a Junior College in Mississippi)

Fact: Just because you don't need to play your backup quarterback in a game, doesn't mean he was suspended. Especially if he is wearing a uniform.

Fact: The inability to beat Auburn will lead to Shula's downfall. I know he sucks at running a football team, but I hope that little bitch can remember to bring fresh bread to my table when I am eating at Shula's next winter.

Archived