"Kenny who?"

vatz22au

Bama's DL Gilberry's comments regarding Kenny Irons.

-- KENNY WHO? A reporter who was working on a story about the SEC's best running backs ran into a brick wall when he tried to question Bay Minette product Wallace Gilberry about Auburn's Kenny Irons.

"Kenny who?" Gilberry asked back. "Kenneth Darby?"

No, Kenny Irons, the reporter replied.

"Put that in the paper, 'Kenny who?'" Gilberry emphasized

Link

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny. Really, I'd want my players to have an attitude like that. But I wouldn't want them to be foolish enough to put it in print.

Good locker room material.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...they never learn...more material for the cork board. Thanks Bamars! :lol:

:au::homer:

Guest Big Tiger

There is nothing like a Baldwin County Bammer! Baldwin County, avoid it at all cost, go to Destin instead.

You're a strange, strange little man.

There is nothing like a Baldwin County Bammer! Baldwin County, avoid it at all cost, go to Destin instead.

You're a strange, strange little man.

Am I? Baldwin is highly overrated and overpriced, just like UA.

"Kenny who?" remark reminds me of some Tennessee linebacker (long since forgotten) had the same reply concerning Archie Manning.

Archie showed who he was, Ole Miss won 38-0. Archie went on to the pros, his sons went to the pros. This Tennessee clod just faded into obscurity.

I would enjoy a 38-0 romp over those clowns.

WDE

It's not like they have a good role model as a head coach to learn from. When Shula can learn to discipline his players and make them respect the coaching staff, then they players are going to run the program instead of the other way around. If Shula keeps it up, UAT is going to become another Miami.

Apparently he missed Kenny running all over his DL last year... but that makes sense since they were all on their backs

Kenny Irons didnt do that well against Bama last year. He was actually out performed by Ken Darby.

And seriously, you dont think Bama players are TIRED of hearing and being asked about EVERYBODY else in the SEC? You dont think they are TIRED of people ignoring the talent that is on their team?

Man if somebody asked me about my rival's best player in August id say the same thing.

Corkboard material? Bama's been snubbed on every preseason award and poll there is this year...theyve got plenty.

But bammer won the last 3 quarters....When their D stiffened up...HAHAHAHAHAHA

No, bammer got the moral victory when the great Hoover product Johnny Walker Wilson stepped up and threw that 60 yard rainbow bomb for a TD...DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT?? I smell Heisman...errr something. :rolleyes:

2005 Iron Bowl Att Yds. TDs

Kenny Irons (23) 28 103 1

Kenneth Darby (34) 18 89 0

Yeah, you can't spin the stats BG....good try though.

I see we're playing the fantasy game here.... so by Yahoo's rules-

Darby receives 4 pts for the rushing yards and 1 pt for receiving yards = total of 5 points.

Irons receives 5 pts for the rushing yards and 6 pts for the rushing TD = total of 11 points.

See, Kenny Irons even wins in the fantasy game bammer's are wanting to play.

Guest Tigrinum Major

But bammer won the last 3 quarters....When their D stiffened up...HAHAHAHAHAHA

No, bammer got the moral victory when the great Hoover product Johnny Walker Wilson stepped up and threw that 60 yard rainbow bomb for a TD...DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT?? I smell Heisman...errr something. :rolleyes:

It didn't go for a TD, only down to the 1, where he snuck it in the next play. It was a desperation pass, no doubt.

2005 Iron Bowl Att Yds. TDs

Kenny Irons (23) 28 103 1

Kenneth Darby (34) 18 89 0

Yeah, you can't spin the stats BG....good try though.

Wow...lets see 103/28 = 3.6 yards per carry...

89/18 = 4.9 yards per carry. AND Darby had 21 receiving yards.

If darby would have gotten as many carries as irons he would have had 140 yards.

So to suggest Irons ran all over us in the iron bowl is a bit much dont you think? i mean 3.6 yards per carry isnt exactly 1st Team All SEC material now is it?

AAAAAND if we didnt ALWAYS take darby out for our goal line package, he would have gotten Tims one yard TD run. Darby gets very few TDs because he always comes out since Tim is automatic around the goal line.

Archived