"Kenny who?"

vatz22au

But seriously, looking at the comparative season numbers i posted...could you guys not see why Gilberry and the rest of the bama team might be SICK and TIRED of hearing about Kenny Irons?

If Irons was 2nd team and Darby was 1st...and EVERYBODY was asking David Irons or Will Herring about what they thought about big bad ken darby...what do you think theyd say? These guys take pride in how good of a back darby is...and they are tired of him not getting any love.

First off,I do think it's stupid for a reporter to ask a rival about another rival player.But....bama's not sick about Kenny they're sick of loosing to Auburn...if Kenny Irons had played three years against Bama and stockpile 200 yards + in each game,but had also lost every game,I guarantee you they wouldn't feel half as bad about him as they do in reality......which is loosing..... a lot....of games....in a row......to AUBURN.Darby is good,but he's not a superstar because he's not on a convincing team...He's Eddie Van Halen playing with Milli Vanilli..hehe... :roflol:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the comments from Darby, Robinson and Gilberry prove only one thing. The thumb has gotten under their skin. CTT has accomplished his goal from wearing the fear the thumb shirt.

It is now in their heads...well, that and ice cream. :blink:

Do you see improvement in the OL? The reports I'm hearing describe negative improvement, but they could be biased.

I dont know what reports you could have heard. Our first fall practice was today.

And we got 2 guys back who were injured last year that would have started over guys who played against AU.

Our Oline improved DRAMATICALLY when we moved caldwell to center.

Funny thing is, the ones so irritated by talk of The Thumb sort of brought it on themselves when they started whining like little girls over the 4 fingers. It was nothing. It was directed at our fans on our field. Not a big deal...until they made it one. And that tipped their hand. We knew it galled them and jumped on it.

Had they not had such a hissy over nothing, it's likely that Fear The Thumb never would have become a catchphrase.

Funny thing is, the ones so irritated by talk of The Thumb sort of brought it on themselves when they started whining like little girls over the 4 fingers. It was nothing. It was directed at our fans on our field. Not a big deal...until they made it one. And that tipped their hand. We knew it galled them and jumped on it.

Had they not had such a hissy over nothing, it's likely that Fear The Thumb never would have become a catchphrase.

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING! "By George, I think he's got it!" :thumbsup:

If darby would have gotten as many carries as irons he would have had 140 yards.

So to suggest Irons ran all over us in the iron bowl is a bit much dont you think? i mean 3.6 yards per carry isnt exactly 1st Team All SEC material now is it?

AAAAAND if we didnt ALWAYS take darby out for our goal line package, he would have gotten Tims one yard TD run. Darby gets very few TDs because he always comes out since Tim is automatic around the goal line.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I just had to comment on this post. It kills me how many Bama fans tend to live in Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda World instead of Real-People World.

The media is always going to be asking a defensive player about upcoming opponentt's offensive players and vise versa. Espcecially an in-state rival. The media does not care what you think about the players on the opposite side of the ball on your own team. Your job as a player is to not give the media any material the other team can use to single you out and fire them up even more. That is why in the pros, you see the smart ones always handing out compliments to the other team's stars, but inside the locker room, when the media is not around, they are cracking on those same players and planning their demise. That is the why it is in any sport.

This UAT player needs to be set down and be told how it works. If nobody educates him, then he is going to be making negative comments every week about the other team's offensive stars and he could find himself making it harder on himself on the field then it has to be. Nothing more players like to do, especially in contact sports like football and hockey, is to have a reason to single out a player out and put a little extra effort in making this guy feel the game a little more the next day. Anybody that has ever put on the pads know exactly what I am talking about.

Wasn't Ryans and Binkie/Rino/Pinky Robinson running off at the mouth last year before the Iron Bowl? Seems they would learn to shut their flan holes over there on the other side of the state. They talked crap and got it handed to them on the field. Now they're doing it again. Amazing.... :no:

"If darby would have gotten as many carries as irons he would have had 140 yards."-BG03

But BG, HE DIDN'T...because of all the 3 and outs!!! DUH!

:au::homer:

Do you see improvement in the OL? The reports I'm hearing describe negative improvement, but they could be biased.

I dont know what reports you could have heard. Our first fall practice was today.

And we got 2 guys back who were injured last year that would have started over guys who played against AU.

Our Oline improved DRAMATICALLY when we moved caldwell to center.

Reports I heard were about the summer team practices.

They need to take the earmuffs off then, because I think Darby receives a good bit of attention. He's always mentioned when talking about the SEC's top backs. The only piece of advice I have to offer to your team is to BLOCK if they would like him to get more "love." Perhaps the focus is on Irons, DMac, and the UGA stable lately becasue they know Bama's OL is not going to be good this year. I don't care if Bo is in the backfield, he's not going to get any 150 yard games with fat 12 year old girls blocking for him (well, maybe Bo, but thats it).

He had good games all year last year. No reason why he couldnt this year with an even better Oline.

Why? Inexperienced QB. Teams will make Johnny Walker-Parker beat them not Darby. Darby should be seeing a lot of 8 man fronts this year until Johnny makes them respect the passing game. We all know how prolific Shelia's passing schemes can be... Brody was a good QB that allowed for the offense to be balanced, we'll see how many yards Darby can pile up. Well actually I don't care since Darby plays for that other school. :cheer:

:au:

You are incorrect. Darby was the only one getting the job done. As a matter of fact...not on did he have a good YPC...he was having to avoid 2 and 3 guys BEFORE he got to the line of scrimmage.

And Brandon Cox attempted his last pass in the 4th Quarter. It was on a drive that started in the 3rd Q that had 3 passes in it. The drive prior he threw a pass on 3rd and 3. The drive prior 3rd and 7. The drive prior was a 3 and out that had 2 passes and one run.

3rd Q 6 passing plays 9 running plays

2nd Q 9 passing plays and only 5 running plays

1st Q 7 passing and 7 rushing

So until the 4th, There were more pass attempts than rushing. Which really makes me laugh when people say Tubby started feeling sorry for us in the 1st q like you guys always like to say.

And until the 4th Q...when CTT MAY have been trying to run out the clock...Irons had 76 yards on 19 attempts. Which is ALSO funny because Darby only had ONE carry in the 4th Q.

Going into the 4th Darby had 81 yards on 17 carries and Irons had 76 on 19...Thats funny. Yeah...Darby sucks and Irons ran all over us.

Good try though.

You note two AU pass plays on 3rd down. Do you know why AU was passing on 3rd down? Because the runs on first and second were intended to run the clock down, and the 3rd down pass (while Bama was stacking the line in preparation for another dose of Kenny Irons) was intended to keep the chains moving.

...and Darby only got one carry in the 4th quarter because Bama was losing and time was running out. There wasn't time to run the ball, only time to pass to try to score.

I guess my only issue I have about this is why he would even make a remark that could be considered "bulletin board material?" Doesn't someone on the coaching staff sit these guys down and talk to them about making remarks that could be used in that manner? I think it speaks more of lack of control of the coaches on what their players are saying to the media.

If that were the case, these coaches would drive themselves batty trying to critique every word these guys say. That's not in their job description. Call it lack of control if you'd like, but I just call it having a competitive spirit. And you'd want to kill that competitive spirit why????

Besides, if you can't take the heat, stay outta the kitchen. Trust me, Kenny Irons will make sure this guy knows EXACTLY who he is on November 18th.

Besides, if you can't take the heat, stay outta the kitchen. Trust me, Kenny Irons will make sure this guy knows EXACTLY who he is on November 18th.

Maybe so, but it wouldnt be because of somebody saying "Kenny Who" in August.

Probably right. Kenny has got more important things on his mind... Like taking his team to the SEC Championship game, getting to the BCS, the Heisman, another 1000+ yard season, another SEC rushing title, All-SEC/All-American honors, 1st round draft pick... just to name a few :big:

2005 Iron Bowl Att Yds. TDs

Kenny Irons (23) 28 103 1

Kenneth Darby (34) 18 89 0

Yeah, you can't spin the stats BG....good try though.

Wow...lets see 103/28 = 3.6 yards per carry...

89/18 = 4.9 yards per carry. AND Darby had 21 receiving yards.

If darby would have gotten as many carries as irons he would have had 140 yards.

So to suggest Irons ran all over us in the iron bowl is a bit much dont you think? i mean 3.6 yards per carry isnt exactly 1st Team All SEC material now is it?

AAAAAND if we didnt ALWAYS take darby out for our goal line package, he would have gotten Tims one yard TD run. Darby gets very few TDs because he always comes out since Tim is automatic around the goal line.

woulda'-coulda'-shoulda'.(Is THAT all that uat has left these days?).....Kenny Irons "out performed" darby.

Actually, it would be PRECISELY because of somebody saying "Kenny Who" in August. Things like that tend to stick in your craw and emerge when you need a little "extra motivation". You know good and damn well that IF (obviously, I'm using BG's formula here) an Auburn gentleman were to utter words like that in early August, you'd be all over it right now. Crying like you normally do.

You should know what I mean by that. You still can't get over the fact that someone "allegedly" said that Darby sucks because he was outperformed in last years Iron Bowl.

The most interesting thing about this thread is how many Auburn fans waste their time trying to convince a koolaid drinking bammer he is wrong. You can never win an argument with a spinmeister, particulary one from a school whose players are being ignored for good reason but who cry for attention.

Let the KD vs. KI argument be settled on the field just like it was last year when KI prevailed :cheer:

Actually, it would be PRECISELY because of somebody saying "Kenny Who" in August. Things like that tend to stick in your craw and emerge when you need a little "extra motivation". You know good and damn well that IF (obviously, I'm using BG's formula here) an Auburn gentleman were to utter words like that in early August, you'd be all over it right now. Crying like you normally do.

You should know what I mean by that. You still can't get over the fact that someone "allegedly" said that Darby sucks because he was outperformed in last years Iron Bowl.

Would it be OK with the class if I started it here?

John Parker Who?

Kenneth Who?

Um...I'm out of names. I guess the Bama roster is full of "Whos?"

The most interesting thing about this thread is how many Auburn fans waste their time trying to convince a koolaid drinking bammer he is wrong. You can never win an argument with a spinmeister, particulary one from a school whose players are being ignored for good reason but who cry for attention.

Let the KD vs. KI argument be settled on the field just like it was last year when KI prevailed :cheer:

Thanks to PT for summing it all up in a very few words. (ignored for good reason...indeed!) :big:

Bottom line:

Auburn 28

Alabama 18

4 years in a row.........plain as day!

I like K. Darby. He's the best player at UAT. But call it like it is. Mr. "Bama D" needs to work on his recognition of offensive sets and forget about Mr. Irons.

And by the way, BamaGrad.....You are a respectible Bammer on here. But I DO NOT want to hear about how Alabama is getting no love for their pre-season awards, ect.

Just polish up that last SEC Championship trophy, and stare at it. I promise you, it will begin to look newer by the minute..... ;)

Interesting considering everyone in major sports will tell you that "bulletin board material" as a motivator is highly overrated. Especially something this insignificant 4 months before the game.

Archived