Why Reporters should not be allowed at practice:

Tygerman34

"Quarterback Brandon Cox called it an enthusiastic practice which ended on a good note. He said during red zone drills, the offense caught the defense offsides on a hard count, then he connected with Prechae Rodriguez on the fade -- a play they always turn to when catching the defense offsides. It worked and Rodriguez caught a pass over Jonathan Wilhite."

Thanks for giving that away Ace!

This reminds me of all the times during the Iraq Wars (I & II) that reporters would ask a General "So, just how are you going to get this mission accomplished?"

"Quarterback Brandon Cox called it an enthusiastic practice which ended on a good note. He said during red zone drills, the offense caught the defense offsides on a hard count, then he connected with Prechae Rodriguez on the fade -- a play they always turn to when catching the defense offsides. It worked and Rodriguez caught a pass over Jonathan Wilhite."

This reminds me of all the times during the Iraq Wars (I & II) that reporters would ask a General "So, just how are you going to get this mission accomplished?"

I think we can safely assume that every team has that play on their own books. ;)

That one is not exactly rocket science....Now if he told the cougars that we were planning on running 38 z takeoff for the first play then that would be bad.

Any QB worth his salt will throw the long ball on the "free play" when the defense jumps offsides. I don't think the reporter is giving away our equivalent of the Coca-Cola formula. :rolleyes:

Guest Tigrinum Major

Even if you know it's coming, you have to react in a split second when it happens. No DB anticipates their linemen jumping offsides.

Calm down.

Better than the trap draw on third and long that was a trade mark of a certain fomer OC.

Better than the trap draw on third and long that was a trade mark of a certain fomer OC.

And a current head coach that will be coming to visit this year.

That one is not exactly rocket science....Now if he told the cougars that we were planning on running 38 z takeoff for the first play then that would be bad.

How did you know we were planning on running 38Z takeoff the first play? Who leaked this information...now Im gonna have to call Borges...the whole fall practice...ruined. Thanks a lot!

How did you know we were planning on running 38Z takeoff the first play? Who leaked this information...now Im gonna have to call Borges...the whole fall practice...ruined. Thanks a lot!

That is a really nice sig.

Ah, the 38Z takeoff... Ironbowl lore lives!

Ah, the 38Z takeoff... Ironbowl lore lives!

I wondered if anyone would piece that one together. Actually it should be "38 stay Z takeoff". Nice pick up Rocket City Tiger.

For those who are missing what is going on....This is the play that Pat Nix threw to Frank Sanders in the 93 Iron Bowl.

That is a really nice sig.

Thank you...I made it myself :big:

Archived