I'm gettin scared

aubie123

Number 4 in the AP poll, number 6 in the coaches, and all kinds of media hype. OH MY I remember 2003 all too well, someone please tell me the same thing won't happen this year, and give reasons why. I don't think it will because Coach Tuberville is a better coach now. We have an experienced QB, OL, and RB this year going in. Our D is always somewhat solid. Thoughts??

Number 4 in the AP poll, number 6 in the coaches, and all kinds of media hype. OH MY I remember 2003 all too well, someone please tell me the same thing won't happen this year, and give reasons why. I don't think it will because Coach Tuberville is a better coach now. We have an experienced QB, OL, and RB this year going in. Our D is always somewhat solid. Thoughts??

Wish Auburn fans would toughen up and actually not be scared of a high ranking.

Regardless, 2003 is much different my friend. Totally different players, new coaches, etc. 2003 - Nall - Bust.... 2004 - Borges - Undefeated, SECC, Sugar Bowl win.

Regardless, 2003 is much different my friend. Totally different players, new coaches, etc. 2003 - Nall - Bust.... 2004 - Borges - Undefeated, SECC, Sugar Bowl win.

I agree vatz!!! Ladies and gentlemen, AUBURN is in the primetime now. We are going to be in the top rankings year in year out. This is where CTT has built us and brought us to. We have longed to get to this point....No slam on you aubie123, no fear, I remember an interview with Cox about that particular thing. He said a lot of them were around for the 2003 season. He was basically saying they would not the hype get to them and that they learned from that experience. That makes me feel better. I for one feel really confident about this team. Maybe overly optimistic, but can't help....I may have my guts torn out against WSU and feel sick, but I I got a good feeling, last time was 2004. ;) Last year I wasn't sure b/c of new QB. But we got the experience, now!!! WAR EAGLE!!!!!!

As much as I want to believe CTT has put us in elite company, there's still a part of me that wishes all the media would shut up and stop talking about how good we are. It's like half of me enjoys the props and I want to say we have finally arrived. The other half is scared that we have no where to go but down and everyone is waiting for us to stumble. And all those A-holes that I drink coffee with in the morning, who condescendingly say, "Oh come on, everyone knows you guys should win it all" will then say, "See, I told you ya'll were overrated..." (We need an emoticon with the middle finger)

That being said, I truly believe that if we win the West and are playing in the SECCG, then I think CTT will have finally put all his critics to rest and when someone puts out some poll about the elite coaches and teams...CTT and :au: will be in everybody's top 5.

Barring critical injuries on offense, I don't think that's an area of concern...I think gorgeous borges knows what he's doing by now. The Nallsminger blunder was what got us in '03...our D was solid for the most part, except for when the offense couldn't get them decent field position (Ga Tech painfully comes to mind).

However, many questions have yet to be answered on D. Eventhough we're bring in a new coach for us, he's not new at all to SEC play. If I'm concerned, it's going to be in the area of linebacker and secondary....lot of new people in key positions out there. But we'll see soon enough...

Believe me, I understand the superstition that many AU fans subscribe to on this kind of thing.

However, will losing a game or two diminish your AU pride or cause you to be less of a fan? Remember that we did not win a MNC in 2004 for one reason....we started the year ranked too low.

It's a Catch 22. Auburn fans say we don't want to be ranked too high or we might lose some games. But if we are ranked too low and we go undefeated, we still won't win a MNC.

Regardless of what happens, we need to be ranked as high as possible to be in the MNC game. Winning the SEC is all about wins and losses and who you beat. The MNC is 100% about where you start the season in the polls.

I'm just waiting to see what happens if we go undefeated again and do not get to the MNC game because of this "SEC needs to play tougher non-conference game" B.S. that comes up every year. Look at our schedule. Already HOW MANY Top 10 teams on there? Alread HOW MANY Top 25 teams on there?

I am nervous, no doubt but CTT has built us into a powerhouse. That is what we hired the man to do. Now we will see if he can pull it off.

I will say this, If we had had Borges back in 2003, we may be on the greatest tear in SEC History.

Ok, the consensus here seems to be that the difference is Coach Borges. I agree. Poor Coach Nall just didn't know how to run an entire offense. I think this years ranking are much more legitimate than the 2003 rankings. This year our offense is established. I'm beginning to feel better. Thank you AU family. WDE :cheer:

I agree vatz!!! Ladies and gentlemen, AUBURN is in the primetime now. We are going to be in the top rankings year in year out. This is where CTT has built us and brought us to. We have longed to get to this point....No slam on you aubie123, no fear, I remember an interview with Cox about that particular thing. He said a lot of them were around for the 2003 season. He was basically saying they would not the hype get to them and that they learned from that experience. That makes me feel better. I for one feel really confident about this team. Maybe overly optimistic, but can't help....I may have my guts torn out against WSU and feel sick, but I I got a good feeling, last time was 2004. ;) Last year I wasn't sure b/c of new QB. But we got the experience, now!!! WAR EAGLE!!!!!!

One slight correction for you youngsters...Auburn is BACK in prime time. We've been there many times before. :)

:au::homer:

Archived