Ken Darby goes down with knee injury

BamaGrad03

Prayers to him. I know we all hold our breath this time of year. It seems as soon as the hitting starts, the injuries pile up. Its impossible to know how much full speed to do to get the players sharp AND to avoid injury.

Hope it's just a bruise or a sprain...he's a good little back, and Bamar needs him.

:homer::au:

Is he eligable for a medical redshirt, and if so, do you think he'd stay another year?

Is the injury serious? on mobile device, so difficult navigating all sites.

Man, you see a thread topic like that and initially I'm thinking that someone has a sick sense of humor. Then I saw BG started it.

There are a lot of scenarios that could play out here. Maybe him being down for 5 minutes then being carted off are simply being overly protective and cautious. He's crucial to Bama's season and is staring at some large cash in less than a year from the NFL. Better to err on the side of caution. Let's hope for the best and pray that all teams win or lose on the field and not in the training room.

I hate seeing any player injured - prayers for a speedy recovery.

I hate seeing any player injured - prayers for a speedy recovery.

ditto that, it can happen to anybody anytime. Darby is a class act and hope he will be ok

Man, you see a thread topic like that and initially I'm thinking that someone has a sick sense of humor. Then I saw BG started it.

There are a lot of scenarios that could play out here. Maybe him being down for 5 minutes then being carted off are simply being overly protective and cautious. He's crucial to Bama's season and is staring at some large cash in less than a year from the NFL. Better to err on the side of caution. Let's hope for the best and pray that all teams win or lose on the field and not in the training room.

Everything is speculation at this time but if he came out of the training facility "shortly" as stated with ice on his knee maybe it's not too bad. Wonder if he was on crutches?

I hope he's okay too. :ua: don't need that and Darby don't need a knee injury either. Hopefull, everyone's being overly cautious. I was watching the Falcons this past weekend, and Dangelo Hall went down. He laid there for 5 minutes or so too. I thought he tore his knee by the way he and the trainers were reacting! Turned out to be that he tweaked his ankle and he was limping around on the sideline later on in the game. Hope the same is true for Darby - that its just a sprain.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Is he eligable for a medical redshirt, and if so, do you think he'd stay another year?

Is the injury serious? on mobile device, so difficult navigating all sites.

Too soon to tell. Not much info out there, but he did return to the practice field with ice on it.

I hope it is nothing seriouse for his sake. Prayers sent in that regard. On the other end of it though is if it is, it's good that ya'll are stacked so deep with quality SEC caliber running backs.

Word is he remained on the practice field until the end of the workout. I dont think he'd be out there if his knee was blown up...what do you guys think?

Word is he remained on the practice field until the end of the workout. I dont think he'd be out there if his knee was blown up...what do you guys think?

I think you are probably right. :ua: is really counting on Darby this year, and I would bet that they are reacting with great caution to any potential injuries to any of their key players right about now. Darby is kind of "at risk" right now for injuries anyway with all of the family stuff that has been going on. Players tend to get injured when they are more distracted...sometimes the injury is more "psychological" than real but the player thinks it's real, etc. I would bet they are just playing it safe, which is a smart move.

The latest, supposedly from his High School Coach in Huntsville who called him, is that it is just a hyperextended knee and he shouldn't miss any games.

I would tend to agree but there would not be any deffinite news one way or the other without an exam. Guess just have to wait and see.

The latest, supposedly from his High School Coach in Huntsville who called him, is that it is just a hyperextended knee and he shouldn't miss any games.

That's what happens when Auburn people pray for the enemy, good news if that is the case.

Thank you Lord for answering our prayers. Please protect all players from injury this season.

War Eagle!

P.S. A National Championship for Auburn this year would be much appreciated.

Geting sick of the preseason injuries.

Prayers sent. I see on ITAT that he simply hyperestended his knee. They say he will be back this PM.

Everything is speculation at this time but if he came out of the training facility "shortly" as stated with ice on his knee maybe it's not too bad. Wonder if he was on crutches?

That's what I'm thinking. I'll pray for him anyway. Like others stated, this time of year is of concern to all college football fans.

Darby emerged shortly thereafter with ice on his knee.

Archived