Mark My Words 2006

SupperClub

"Mark my words"

:ua: Alabama will finish the regular season with 10 wins or better and an Iron Bowl victory.

Care to make a wager on that? I already have money with one of my uat friends on this exact bet. I'll gladly double-up!

Nah. No money. I love football to much to place any amount of money on it. How about a wager on aunation? If Bama goes 10 wins or better and an Iron Bowl win this season, you have to sport an avatar and sig of my choice. If Bama wins 9 games or less and a loss to AU, you choose mine. Are you up for it?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Mark my words"

:ua: Alabama will finish the regular season with 10 wins or better and an Iron Bowl victory.

Care to make a wager on that? I already have money with one of my uat friends on this exact bet. I'll gladly double-up!

Nah. No money. I love football to much to place any amount of money on it. How about a wager on aunation? If Bama goes 10 wins or better and an Iron Bowl win this season, you have to sport an avatar and sig of my choice. If Bama wins 9 games or less and a loss to AU, you choose mine. Are you up for it?

If Supper won't take that bet then I sure as heck will.

Nah. No money. I love football to much to place any amount of money on it. How about a wager on aunation? If Bama goes 10 wins or better this season, you have to sport an avatar and sig of my choice. If Bama wins 9 games or less, you choose mine. Are you up for it?

Does that mean you will come around more often? If so, then no deal.

Nah, I've got to get in on that action! It's a deal. Loser has to keep said avatar/sig until the first spring practice for either Auburn or Alabama, whichever is later. Deal?

"Mark my words"

Sounds good to me. But what if Bama wins nine games or less and still beats AU? How would we factor that in?

Nah. No money. I love football to much to place any amount of money on it. How about a wager on aunation? If Bama goes 10 wins or better this season, you have to sport an avatar and sig of my choice. If Bama wins 9 games or less, you choose mine. Are you up for it?

Does that mean you will come around more often? If so, then no deal.

Nah, I've got to get in on that action! It's a deal. Loser has to keep said avatar/sig until the first spring practice for either Auburn or Alabama, whichever is later. Deal?

Sure. You're on!

"Mark my words"

Sounds good to me. But what if Bama wins nine games or less and still beats AU? How would we factor that in?

Well, you've got a bet with Supper now so it doesn't matter.

Hmmm, I wonder if I can get BG to make the same bet with me?

"Mark my words"

Well, you've got a bet with Supper now so it doesn't matter.

Hmmm, I wonder if I can get BG to make the same bet with me?

No, not really. But good luck with getting BamaGrad to make a bet. I suspect he might.

I say we scratch the IB bet and just make it a straight 10 win over/under bet. Throwing the IB in makes too many variables. We can have a separate bet for the IB. Deal?

I say we scratch the IB bet and just make it a straight 10 win over/under bet. Throwing the IB in makes too many variables. We can have a separate bet for the IB. Deal?

Sure. No IB win/loss. Just the 10 wins or better.

Ok guys, enough of the betting. Remember rule #2:

2) Predictions only! If you disagree with someone's "Mark My Word" and want to discuss it, start a new thread. No flaming unless someone makes a wimpy prediction (see rule number 1).

:poke:

Mark my words:

This season I will be a student of the game. No more getting wasted and droning on for hours about Jack Crowe, Jeff Burger or Randy Campbell only to pass out in the 1st quarter.

Mark my words:

This season I will be a student of the game. No more getting wasted and droning on for hours about Jack Crowe, Jeff Burger or Randy Campbell only to pass out in the 1st quarter.

Just one question...Where did you find my old high school picture?

THANK YOU SLINK!

I especially liked this one:

bama will win 7 with only one coming against a team that finishes with more than 6 wins

Hoooonk. Wrong. Thanks for playing :)

How about this one?

Brodie Croyle will finally put together a complete season without injury but Bama does not put together a complete season. They finish 7-4 with big losses to Florida, Auburn, LSU and Mississippi State.

Best of all comes from rebdawg

alabama.gif has their third straight losing season and 4th of the last five.

alabama.gif loses 4 games by 10 or more points.

alabama.gif's D is ranked no higher than 5th in the conference.

Especially since we didnt have a losing season in 04...he just started off on the wrong foot! ;)

Mark my words...

Brandon Cox will share the ESPN highlights with Brady Quinn week after week and will actually do better than Quinn this year.

David Irons will have 7 interceptions by the end of the year.

Kenny Irons will throw for a touchdown this year.

LSU vs Auburn comes down to a FG, but the snap will be fumbled and Vaughn picks it up and passes to Bennet for the TD. Place goes crazy...

Mark My Words:

:au: will be in SEC CG

:uga: will too

:usc: beats :ut:

:ua: beats :om: handily

:ua: will make thousands of dollars in the Pontiac Game Changing Performance on JPW's last second hail mary in a rousing win over Duke. Bloggers everywhere will change sig pics accordingly...

Mark my words:

Courtney Taylor will break the school's receiving records

Brandon Cox will definitely be in NYC for the Heisman presentation

Will Herring will put to rest any misgivings that some fans have about him

John Vaughn will not miss a single field goal against LSU

AND

Tuscaloosa will FINALLY implode while being sucked into a massive sinkhole after the IB because 1) The Bear still can't help them 2) The millions spent on all those stadium mods didn't do anything for their game 3) Investing in Shula as a coach is like investing in Enron and 4).....well, I can't think of a fourth. Bama just sucks, how bout that?

WDE

:cheer::au::cheer:

Mark my words...6 and 6 Notre Dame will be in a BCS bowl that is invented just for the occasion. It will called the Notre Dame Bowl, and will closely resemble a ND scrimmage (they'll play themselves, and the public will not be allowed to attend the game...but they can watch it on the ND Football Network). After the game...a 3-3 tie, all of the elite press will proclaim them #1...as a 14-0 Auburn finishes fourth, behind Ohio State (9-4...hey, we're the Big 10...er...11, whatever), Texas (10-3...sorry, no Vince Young) and USC (6-5-2...two games ended in ties due to earth quakes)....

ESPN declares that god (not God) is in his heaven, the BCS works, and all is right with the world. Corso and Herby have smiles surgically plastered on their faces, declaring the Big 10, 11, whatever Conference is the greatest in the land..........................................................................again. Sigh.... And such is the way of college football. :angry:

:au::homer:

P.S. Oh yeah...and 8-4 Bamar...is BACK (again). John Jacob Jingle Heimer Schmidt Eleanor Parker Cougar Brian Wilson Phillips Mellencamp is the SEC player of the year, and wins the first of 9 Heisman Trophies at Bamar (he got left back)...and in his acceptance speech, denies that the venerable coach, for whom the trophy was named, was ever even at that "Cow School down the road".

"Mark My Words"

Brandon Cox will intentionally throw the Iron Bowl realizing that growing up an Alabama fan is more important than winning for Auburn. :lol:

B) ---- <_< ---- :(

Well, he could. ;)

Okay, here goes...

:ua: will do better than expected as CMS gets his sea legs. I say 8-4 to 9-3 and the talk of a MNC in 2007 will be deafening. John Jacob Jingleheimer-Smith will be considered much more a qb than Brodie by December.

:au: will win 12-13 games this year and an :sec: Title, The SEC West, and a Thumb in the Iron Bowl. Bama will not notice as they start to wear "Got 13?" T-shirts by mid season.

:uf: will finally be exposed because they do not have a running game.

:ut: will name streets after CDC as they return to near perfect form and challenge for an SEC East title.

:uga: will finally have a down year for them, say only 8-9 wins. FR qb will be starting by season's end.

LSU will start to see cracks in CLM as the season wears on. LSU still wins 9-10 games.

ARK will win 7 games and scare USC for a while giving their fans hope. Ark will upset someone this season as per Ark norm.

SC will win 8-9 games as the D jells under Tyrone Nix. O features return of suspended rb and they romp in some games. Look for a great recruiting year from CSS.

• 4 months later...

Mark My Words

Tim Tebow will be easier to defense than people think. He is not the savior people think.

Alabama is put on probation again, after not getting Saban, and being forced once again to pay crappy players.

Auburn will continue to add to it's elite status in the state and country.

Mark my words

- :au: 's WR corp will shock the SEC. Lee Guess will emerge as Brandon Cox's go to receiver.

- Rush Propst will be hired as bammers OC a couple of weeks after :ua: gets the thumb.

- :arky: finishes 3rd in the SEC West.

Well, I crapped out. Kind of like my bowl picks.

Archived