Goodbye JP

AFTiger

Shut the door to your office so your coworkers can't see you cry. Get the box of tissues and place it next your keyboard. If you're at home, make sure your wife is watching DVR'ed episodes of Grey's Anatomy before you read any further. Put the kids to bed -- they don't need to see you like this. They're too young to know the pain of loss. Just to be safe, go ahead and pull up and minimize that Web site featuring scantily clad women that always makes you feel better. It's going to be that painful. Okay, deep breath ... deep breath. Focus on the ceiling ... okay, here it comes: Jefferson Pilot's SEC sports telecasts are no more.

The rest of the article is amusing and so true.

Link

I've heard a lot of folks act as if the morning games are going to be discontinued completely. All that's happening is a change of name--"Lincoln Financial" instead of "Jefferson Pilot". Guess we'll find out if anything really changes when they broadcast the AU/MSU game in two Saturdays.

As far as any unique SEC flavor to the JP/LF broadcasts--don't forget they also broadcast ACC games, we just don't see 'em because we're not in that regional TV market. Perhaps some of you live nearer the east coast and have seen both their ACC and SEC broadcasts. If so, how would you say they compared?

Yeah, I am interested to see if all that has changed is the name. I have a feeling the production is going to be the same, but maybe we will get lucky and Lincoln Financial will throw in more money behind it then JP did to make it better.

I've heard a lot of folks act as if the morning games are going to be discontinued completely. All that's happening is a change of name--"Lincoln Financial" instead of "Jefferson Pilot". Guess we'll find out if anything really changes when they broadcast the AU/MSU game in two Saturdays.

As far as any unique SEC flavor to the JP/LF broadcasts--don't forget they also broadcast ACC games, we just don't see 'em because we're not in that regional TV market. Perhaps some of you live nearer the east coast and have seen both their ACC and SEC broadcasts. If so, how would you say they compared?

Every once in a while, Nashville gets an ACC matchup on JP. Same crap, different conference.

Bad news guys. I just checked out the website and like we guessed, all it is was a name change it looks like. The three Daves are still behind the microphone. Here's hoping maybe LF threw in some extra money to upgrade the production.

LFsports.com

I got excited thinking that maybe we didn't have to have the damn 11:30 kickoffs anymore.. oh well guess I will still have to leave for Starkvegas at 0 dark 30.

I got excited thinking that maybe we didn't have to have the damn 11:30 kickoffs anymore.. oh well guess I will still have to leave for Starkvegas at 0 dark 30.

Yeah, that guy's article was just a waste of time on his part. Apparently he did not do his research on the issue or he would have seen that the broadcast is still essentially a JP broadcast but with different name behind it. No use of saying goodby when it really ain't going anywhere.

"You'll always get what you always got as long as you always do what you have always done."

Name change only........... As long as the 3 Dave's are there it will get no better.

Archived