Bama survives UH 25-17

TitanTiger

After reading this west vance dribble, one can only assume that the "warriors" will not lose another game and will play for the MNC @ season's end. :lol::lol::lol::roflol:

yea yea yea, heres to UH winning it all over AU in the BCS national championship. :lol:

Actually the botched punt led to a safety not a TD. You should check your listening skills.

You mean he goofed? Kind of like you getting Wash. St. in the ACC? :poke:

"Actually the botched punt led to a safety not a TD. You should check your listening skills."

Well, it's a little difficult, considering we were listening to Eli, to know what the heck's going on. :poke:

:au::homer:

There was a perfectly good discussion of the UAT-UH game going on here. I've split off the umpteenth discussion of Juwan Simpson and sent it to the Woodshed and reopened this thread.

Guys, stop derailing normal discussions in the Football forum with Bama flamebait.

Let's see where to start? I did not see the game and all I know if from replay snippets and print.

1) obviously SPUAT defense did a lot better job at controlling U of H's offense than I thought they would. What was this due to? Did the defense play that well or did U of H miscue that much?

2) Looking through the box score it appears that Laura Ingles Wilder had a pretty good day with limited mistakes. Obviously good news for SPUAT. How was U of H's defense again the offense? They seemed to have shut Darby down.

3) I congradulate SPUAT on winning the game that I truly did not think they would. It seems it became a nail biter at the end but you got the W.

Let's see where to start? I did not see the game and all I know if from replay snippets and print.

1) obviously SPUAT defense did a lot better job at controlling U of H's offense than I thought they would. What was this due to? Did the defense play that well or did U of H miscue that much?

2) Looking through the box score it appears that Laura Ingles Wilder had a pretty good day with limited mistakes. Obviously good news for SPUAT. How was U of H's defense again the offense? They seemed to have shut Darby down.

3) I congradulate SPUAT on winning the game that I truly did not think they would. It seems it became a nail biter at the end but you got the W.

My take is that this game went entirely different than I thought it would. I thought early on, UH's spread attack would give Bama some trouble until the new defensive guys settled in. I also thought JPW would have first game jitters that would cause some errant throws and such. So, I was expecting UH to keep it close for a half or so. But I thought UAT would begin to wear them down and in the 4th quarter, they'll pull away and win by 10-14.

But instead, Bama jumped on them and held a 22-3 lead that could have been worse going into the 4th, then Hawaii started moving the ball while Bama's offense went into a shell. By the end you've got Hawaii on Bama's 26 with a shot to send it to OT. You just expect even a mid-level SEC team to own the 4th qtr. against a WAC school where defense is optional.

Thats pretty good of you to come back and post that.

And kudos for a funny sig. :)

Thats pretty good of you to come back and post that.

And kudos for a funny sig. :)

Well thank you. I can take my medicine after I dish it out.

Plus SPUAT won me a lot of money by not covering! :big:

Truth be known, I think Bama fans should be excited about JPW's first game as a starter. I also think they should be more than a little worried about their running game. Bama should have come out and steamrolled UH. They should still be scraping UH's D-line off of the field this morning.

I didn't watch the game, and the only play I saw was the INT in the endzone, so I really can't comment on how either team looked. Based on the stats, though, it appears that Bama still has some work to do on O-line. However, this game should have been a good confidence builder for JPW heading in to a tough Vandy squad <insert sarcasm emoticon here>.

I didn't say anyone sucked. I was just making a couple of observations. Like this one, since you're comparing QBs. The four most important QB stats. Draw your own conclusions.

JW - 8.7 YPA, 1 TD, 0 INTs, 1 W

BC - 10.6 YPA, 1 TD, 0 INTs, 1 W

Guest Tigrinum Major

Will Herring had more yards rushing Saturday than Ken Darby.

And JPW had 60 more passing yards than Brandon Cox...whats your point? Does that mean BC sucks?

Are you saying Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?

Let's don't start this again. Please. I'm begging all of you.

"I say (explitive deleted) you Joeboo...I do it myself"

p.s. No comparisons to KI in the SEC as of today...none.

:ua: won the game. ALl that they needed to do. I picked them to win this one, and they were able to hold off a game UH squad from the Islands.

But a big ole 4, 4, 4 is all we need to say at this point!

Besides, Cox did not need to throw the ball to beat WSU.

Archived