Bama survives UH 25-17

TitanTiger

Hawaii drives to Bama 26 with 1 second left but throws a pick at the 1 yd line as time runs out.

Darby only runs for 19 yds on 14 carries. Bama runs for 121 yds on 34 carries overall.

i was listening off and on to them and two miscues cost hawaii the game.....punter let the snap go through his hands and the bammerfarts recovered for a td and hawaii fumbled on the bammerfarts 3 yard line.....add it up,the bammerfarts were lucky to win.....bwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Kenny has some real tough competition from T-town for the SEC Rushing title this year...

Kenneth Darby 16 CAR 23 YDS 1.4 AVG 0 TD 9 LG

Well, I told a lot of Bama people that Hawaii would be a trap game for them. Hawaii's passing attack matched up well against Alabama's talent, but young, defensive secondary. Alabama also has big problems on offense that haven't been solved during the off-season.

Hawaii drives to Bama 26 with 1 second left but throws a pick at the 1 yd line as time runs out.

Darby only runs for 19 yds on 14 carries. Bama runs for 121 yds on 34 carries overall.

It was quite misleading, considering we were up 22-3. We actually put half the defensive b team out to start the 3rd Quarter.

We were INCHES away from a couple of touchdowns...that would really put the game out of reach.

JPW looked REALLY REALLY good. Little too much loft in his deep ball cost him two TD passes.

i was listening off and on to them and two miscues cost hawaii the game.....punter let the snap go through his hands and the bammerfarts recovered for a td and hawaii fumbled on the bammerfarts 3 yard line.....add it up,the bammerfarts were lucky to win.....bwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Actually the botched punt led to a safety not a TD. You should check your listening skills.

Also, we couldnt run much because they shoved 8/9 guys in the box every single time. They really put it on JPW to beat them...and he did.

It was quite misleading, considering we were up 22-3. We actually put half the defensive b team out to start the 3rd Quarter.

We were INCHES away from a couple of touchdowns...that would really put the game out of reach.

And Hawaii was inches/one interception away from a chance to send the game into overtime. Calling off the dogs with a 22-3 lead is fine, but not if your opponent comes within a play of catching you at the buzzer.

By contrast, Auburn goes conservative to protect its lead in the second half of the Iron Bowl last year, Bama still needs a miracle last minute "Hail Mary" just to get within 10 points, and Bama fans start bragging about how they "won the second half".

Guess Hawaii won the second half and a moral victory yesterday.

shula offense masterpiece at work again. Darby 25 yards for the game only because JPW is looked a lot like Bart Star did in his first start.. The Rainbows have the best offense in the world, they came all the way from Hawaii and were able to sleep and rest up on the flight. Playing in BD stadium fired them up to a level they wont play at again this year. Their defense was top notch, eating local Hawaii seafood and other healthy dishes they were in better shape than any defense we will face all season. All in all, it was an excellent performance by bama all things considered as we move forward to the SEC and National Championship.

Ill take it. Breaking in all those new faces...a win is a win. We didnt look great in our opener last year and still won 10.

Except for Florida, when did y'all look great last year :no:

Ill take it. Breaking in all those new faces...a win is a win. We didnt look great in our opener last year and still won 10.

I dont know...but we won 10 games.

:usc:

I must give Alabama some credit as I did watch their game.

They didn't look THAT bad. Wilson didn't look as bad as I thought he was going to look.

Bama looked pretty decent really.

We didn't look "bad", no. And UH is a tough team to really get a feel for how good you are.

Their style is sooooo much different than the rest of the SEC. Holding them to 17 after losing 7 starters on defense is pretty impressive.

Yet, I didn't see anything that told me that we would win less than 7... or more than 9. The jury is still out on us IMO.

They didn't look THAT bad. Wilson didn't look as bad as I thought he was going to look.

What did you think about Hawaii's offense and the players they had?

I thought Colt Brennan looked like a dang good QB.

I'll tell you, I didn't see the game, but Eli didn't do JPW any favors with his calls last night. I don't know how many times Eli said "Parker throws it up for grabs". He said that on one of the TDs. After Brown came down with the pass he upgraded it to an "excellent pass." :blink:

Congrats UAT on your victory.

JPW needs to work on his deep ball. He was awesome on short and intermediate routes. But two of his deep balls had ice on them.

But then again, it was his first collegiate start. And he threw for 253 and no INTS.

JPW needs to work on his deep ball. He was awesome on short and intermediate routes. But two of his deep balls had ice on them.

But then again, it was his first collegiate start. And he threw for 253 and no INTS.

True. I wasn't able to see the game, only could tell you what I heard. I think JPW couldn't have asked for a better start or opponent.

What did you think about Hawaii's offense and the players they had?

I thought Colt Brennan looked like a dang good QB.

I would hate to play that Colt Brennan kid in darts.......he was very very very accurate on all of his passes, i can only think of maybe two where he was off. His WR's dropped a few passes too.

I will say it now. I would hate to play UH when they actually come up with a good D. They would be amazing. Their O was very good. At times they looked incredible. Other times they kinda fell short. If they could have stopped Keith Brown, they would have won that game. Also, I was impressed with Tiffin....he missed one easy kick.....but did well on his others. He didnt have the flying saucers that Jamie Christensen perfected last year.

I'll tell you, I didn't see the game, but Eli didn't do JPW any favors with his calls last night. I don't know how many times Eli said "Parker throws it up for grabs". He said that on one of the TDs. After Brown came down with the pass he upgraded it to an "excellent pass." :blink:

Congrats UAT on your victory.

That's b/c Eli bleauxs and doesn't know what he's talking about.

JPW lofted a couple... but the TD to Brown wasn't "thrown up for grabs." Typical Eli Gold. :no:

After reading this west vance dribble, one can only assume that the "warriors" will not lose another game and will play for the MNC @ season's end. :lol::lol::lol::roflol:

Nah, they're good at what they do though. They'll be a contender for the WAC title and will beat the teams from the mainland that they conned into going out there into that deathtrap.

Seriously, I hope we never play them again. Bama has a habit for scheduling landmine games (USM since the era of Christ, Hawaii three times, NIU, etc). UH is the worst out of all that bunch b/c they're so difficult to prepare for. Instead of preparing for your typical SEC offense, we've spent the past 2 weeks learning how to defend the Run 'N Shoot.

It was a lose-lose situation for us. Even though we won, we'll get ZERO credit for beating an above average team. Not that we deserve a lot of pub... we've got a lot of work to do before our first two road games.

Archived