Finebama: Shula spits on tradition at Alabama

DKW 86

Guest Tigrinum Major

baldie just said that they have a statue of Frank Thomas outside Jordan Hare West on the walk of champions.

I think he meant Derrick Thomas.

I think that would be their former coach Frank Thomas, not the Big Hurt...

I took Legal and Social Environment of Business at Auburn the same quarter as the Big Hurt. How he parlayed that class into a major league career, I'll never know.

shula owes avalos an apology, apparently he wasn't good enough or important enough for a slap on the wrist. i can't believe witt is not going to do anything about it either. so lets do the math at alabama you can get a dui, do drugs, and have a stolen firearm in your possession, and no major penalty will be forthcoming.

... As long as you start.

I had to fix that one for you.

I think what tiger n town was referring to there was not confined to J. Simpson. He was more than likely talking about players like Billy Ray Cyrus, Ray Ray Hudson, Avalos, Jarijuana Simpson etc. who have all been in one scrape or another with little or no punishment...eerrr...I mean, no punishment that we actually know about.

While the EFFECT of Sheila's action--or non-action--remains to be seen, the RISK is on the side of demoralization and erosion of discipline.

Auburn should be applauding and endorsing his course. We stand to benefit.

Attaboy, Flipper.

While the EFFECT of Sheila's action--or non-action--remains to be seen, the RISK is on the side of demoralization and erosion of discipline.

Auburn should be applauding and endorsing his course. We stand to benefit.

Attaboy, Flipper.

Here Here! ! ! He has my 100% "support". B)

Mack Brown needs to be banned from college sports. How could he be that downright cruel and insensitive to that kid? AND...announce the suspension publically. :o

I didn't read the whole article. Does it talk about his ice cream status with the team?

Wow. I bet the kid wishes he would have gone to UAT. Shula would have posted bail, then penciled him in the starting lineup in one fell swoop. :no: I mean, it's not like he murdered someone right???

That's too bad that Mack Brown subscribes to the integrity and character really do matter theory... I wonder if he bought (NCAA infraction?) the kid an ice cream cone?

Great the bammers look like scumbags again. Can this day get any better?

It seems to me that Shula is either being dishonest about the whole thing or Simpson is. On the Opening Drive Friday morning, they were interviewing Shula. Tony flat-out asked Shula if Simpson knew if he was playing or not. Shula said "He knows". When asked after the game when he knew whether or not he was going to play, Simpson said something to the effect that he didn't know until game time when Shula winked at him and told him to get out there and play. Al was trying to call Barker out on it this morning on Jox, and of course Barker was trying to defend it. No matter what type of spin is put on it, either one of two things happened: Shula lied or Simpson lied. It's as simple as that.

I am a teacher and there are two things I've found to be true when administering discipline: you have to be fair and you have to be consistent. It doesn't matter if it's the worst kid in class (3rd string QB) or one of the best (starting LB), you have to be fair and consistent or you lose their respect and desire, and you become ineffective. Just my opinion.

Wow. I bet the kid wishes he would have gone to UAT. Shula would have posted bail, then penciled him in the starting lineup in one fell swoop. :no: I mean, it's not like he murdered someone right???

That's too bad that Mack Brown subscribes to the integrity and character really do matter theory... I wonder if he bought (NCAA infraction?) the kid an ice cream cone?

Great the bammers look like scumbags again. Can this day get any better?

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol: I almost fell out of my chair that is so funny! Shula the bounty hunter

Does it talk about his ice cream status with the team?

Cookies n cream are a no go. Last I heard from Shula, it ran out. Now its down to turtle tracks.

The thing is that the only people buying what Shula is saying with this "in house" crap is the UAT kool-aid drinkers. Nobody outside of the UAT base of fans believes it for a minute. When the normal UAT beat writers and homer journalists are not buying it either, then what does that tell you about Shula's credibility.

Finebaum's article was a big topic of debate on AM 730 UMP, Thom Abraham Show here in North Alabama today. That station is a UAT station and the host is a UAT homer because of that, but he even thinks it is bs the way Shula is handling it. He did think PF was a little over dramatice with the whole "spitting on tradition" comment, but he did agree that the Simpson and Hall situations have been bogus in the way they have been handled. That got the kool-aid drinkers calling in and trying to make up all sorts of crap of why it should have been handled in house. One even tried to say there may have been "mitigating" circumstances that we don't know about the Simpson case that Shula knows. :roflol: What is there left to not know? The whole story is pretty much cut and dry. He had drugs and a gun in the car. Not much room for "mitgating circumstances". Thom, who normally does not ridicule callers had to even snicker at that one.

Archived