Funnies From The Huntsville Times

Proud Tiger

I got a couple of laughs from the sports page in today's Huntsville Times (www.al.com).

First there is a big picture of ken Darby being stacked up at the line last Saturday. The caption says "Huntsville native Kenneth Darby finds rushing yards hard to come by during Alabama's victory against Washington State." Huh????

Then commenting on his performance (25 yds. on 16 carries), Darby said "I was probably rushing way too much. I was rushing much more than I normally do. That's something I can't do as a running back, something I wasn't coached to do." Hmmmm....this is a typical RB who wants the ball 30 times a game and he says he is rushing too much? Maybe Mr. Darby has the thumb on his mind after all, something he denied during preseason interviews at SEC Days.

I got a couple of laughs from the sports page in today's Huntsville Times (www.al.com).

First there is a big picture of ken Darby being stacked up at the line last Saturday. The caption says "Huntsville native Kenneth Darby finds rushing yards hard to come by during Alabama's victory against Washington State." Huh????

Then commenting on his performance (25 yds. on 16 carries), Darby said "I was probably rushing way too much. I was rushing much more than I normally do. That's something I can't do as a running back, something I wasn't coached to do." Hmmmm....this is a typical RB who wants the ball 30 times a game and he says he is rushing too much? Maybe Mr. Darby has the thumb on his mind after all, something he denied during preseason interviews at SEC Days.

Actually, I read that as meaning he was rushing his judgement or hurrying his decisions on which holes, gaps, blockers to follow, not a comment on the number of carries he had.

But speaking of Darby, the B'ham News had this little tidbit:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha...&thispage=4

Star running back Kenneth Darby rushed for 25 yards on 16 carries, a low total for the All-SEC player. Bama teammates described Darby as a little down after the game. It didn't help that a certain running back on The Plain was named SEC player of the week. "That probably killed him," fullback Le'Ron McClain said. "(Kenny Irons) had 20 rushes for 183 yards and a touchdown, and (Darby) only had 25. That killed him. We got to get that up. He's ready to go. He came over Monday and said he wished we were practicing (today)."
:roflol:

War Damn Eagle! War Damn Kenny (Irons, that is)! :cheer:

Thanks for sharing PT. FUNNY stuff indeed! B)

Man...they sure do pay a lot of attention on what Auburn, or in this case, Kenny is doing.

The reporter obviously misunderstood. After all, we know that uat is only thinking of UT-Fl.-etc....

We are not even on their radar. :)

I don't mean stray from the original topic, but who else is feeling the bama machine is in high gear with spinning this past weekend. I mean, at one point I read/heard that KD said he had a hip pointer and therefore did not perform as well. True hip pointers from my understanding are pretty painful and serious. Now KD says he was "rushing" his running and no mention of an injury. That seems to be a new excuse.

We all have read and heard how good/great this Hawaii team is and how athletic they are and how many games they will win. The fact is they will most likely be like most Hawaii teams. Average to not very good. They will put up some stats against lesser opponents.

Their personnel issues are getting funny with the different statements. First Hall is either suspended or hurt or some combination, but he was dressed out on the sideline. From what I can tell, we have a public disciplinary action but not a public transgression action. We have no idea what he did, but he will play this coming week. Then we have Simpson, with a publice transgession action but no disciplinary action that we know of. It sounds as if they are making up rules as they go along.

I dont' know, but does anyone get the idea that no one is in charge in Tuscaloosa, and spin control is in high gear and the media is right there with them helping them along?

I don't mean stray from the original topic, but who else is feeling the bama machine is in high gear with spinning this past weekend. I mean, at one point I read/heard that KD said he had a hip pointer and therefore did not perform as well. True hip pointers from my understanding are pretty painful and serious. Now KD says he was "rushing" his running and no mention of an injury. That seems to be a new excuse.

We all have read and heard how good/great this Hawaii team is and how athletic they are and how many games they will win. The fact is they will most likely be like most Hawaii teams. Average to not very good. They will put up some stats against lesser opponents.

Their personnel issues are getting funny with the different statements. First Hall is either suspended or hurt or some combination, but he was dressed out on the sideline. From what I can tell, we have a public disciplinary action but not a public transgression action. We have no idea what he did, but he will play this coming week. Then we have Simpson, with a publice transgession action but no disciplinary action that we know of. It sounds as if they are making up rules as they go along.

I dont' know, but does anyone get the idea that no one is in charge in Tuscaloosa, and spin control is in high gear and the media is right there with them helping them along?

:clap::clap::clap:

Archived