The list begins

Shotgun

Well, it's 3 games into the season so it's about time to start the sh*t list. Things in and around college football that really infuriate me. Feel free to add to the list. A detailed explanation will be greatly appreciated to ward off any questions.

I'll begin.

1. ABC.

Congratulations ABC. You bought out ESPN and turned whatever credibility Gameday had into a farce. Nothing more exciting than tuning in Saturday morning to watch a report from an empty Coloseum while the #3 and #6 teams in the country are playing in a packed house. Oh yeah, and thanks for making ESPN apologize for not covering the AU/LSU game. Class act.

2. Lee Corso.

I always enjoyed Corso for his entertainment value, but I have quickly realizied his knowledge of college football fails to impress me on a daily basis. Stick to cell phone commercials and the oversized foam hats Lee.

3. Lou Holts.

Nobody likes a second-guessing coach that couldn't win in the SEC offering his opinions. Sit back, have a beer, and enjoy the good old Notre Dame days Lou cause that's all you've got.

4. CBS.

Not one college football related commercial. All corporate CBS shows. A real downer. Plus the announcers - Captain Obvious and Major Idiot need a little help in the play calling department.

5. Lincoln Sports.

You never miss something until it's gone. Boy do I miss Jefferson Pilot. If all you want to know is the score of a game, tune in to Lioncoln, because that's all you're going to get. I've seen high school playbacks with better on-screen game stats.

So is the gameday crew going to follow around ABC's primetime game of the week? I know Herbstreit is doing play-by-play for ABC saturday nights this year, but come one. USC/Nebraska?? If not Auburn, at least go to Knoxville. The ONLY reason I still watch ESPN is because of their HD games.

And don't get me started on Lincoln Financial. I'll just do some yard work and listen to it on the radio.

So is the gameday crew going to follow around ABC's primetime game of the week? I know Herbstreit is doing play-by-play for ABC saturday nights this year, but come one. USC/Nebraska?? If not Auburn, at least go to Knoxville. The ONLY reason I still watch ESPN is because of their HD games.

And don't get me started on Lincoln Financial. I'll just do some yard work and listen to it on the radio.

From what I understand, they will follow around the ABC primetime games, since Herbie Corso Jr. is calling them.

From what I understand, they will follow around the ABC primetime games, since Herbie Corso Jr. is calling them.

So what you're saying is that ABC wants to hype their saturday night game, so they make Gameday show up? I guess that's what we get for MNF going to ESPN. :puke::puke:

Well, it's 3 games into the season so it's about time to start the sh*t list. Things in and around college football that really infuriate me. Feel free to add to the list. A detailed explanation will be greatly appreciated to ward off any questions.

I'll begin.

1. ABC.

Congratulations ABC. You bought out ESPN and turned whatever credibility Gameday had into a farce. Nothing more exciting than tuning in Saturday morning to watch a report from an empty Coloseum while the #3 and #6 teams in the country are playing in a packed house. Oh yeah, and thanks for making ESPN apologize for not covering the AU/LSU game. Class act.

2. Lee Corso.

I always enjoyed Corso for his entertainment value, but I have quickly realizied his knowledge of college football fails to impress me on a daily basis. Stick to cell phone commercials and the oversized foam hats Lee.

3. Lou Holts.

Nobody likes a second-guessing coach that couldn't win in the SEC offering his opinions. Sit back, have a beer, and enjoy the good old Notre Dame days Lou cause that's all you've got.

4. CBS.

Not one college football related commercial. All corporate CBS shows. A real downer. Plus the announcers - Captain Obvious and Major Idiot need a little help in the play calling department.

5. Lincoln Sports.

You never miss something until it's gone. Boy do I miss Jefferson Pilot. If all you want to know is the score of a game, tune in to Lioncoln, because that's all you're going to get. I've seen high school playbacks with better on-screen game stats.

6. That CBS journalist trying to convince me to do away with my shaker collection (if it gets big enough, maybe I'll make a shaker suit!)

7. Overrated rookie starting QB's (Stafford, JPW, Booty...)

8. Those who decide Heisman/NC winners before the season.

9. Fans who continue to bitch and moan about how they got robbed out of the big W.

10. Teams that have ONE cheer and use it repeatedly. Ex. L-S-U chants, VT chanting go hokies.

11. Teams that attempt to make fun of us because we know more than one cheer by calling them gay.

12. Teams that attempt to make fun of us because we actually know the words to the fight song.

13. Teams whose live animal mascots aren't smart enough to come onto the field themselves without being led by a leash. eg ralphi, bevo.

I'll think of some more soon, I'm good at rants.

10. Teams that have ONE cheer and use it repeatedly. Ex. L-S-U chants, VT chanting go hokies.

11. Teams that attempt to make fun of us because we know more than one cheer by calling them gay.

12. Teams that attempt to make fun of us because we actually know the words to the fight song.

13. Teams whose live animal mascots aren't smart enough to come onto the field themselves without being led by a leash. eg ralphi, bevo.

I'll think of some more soon, I'm good at rants.

This is a great list. I wish you guys had not said all of them.

Over-rated? How?

Nobody is claiming that Stafford right now is great nor has he even remotely had a chance to show whether his 5-Star rating was right or not....

I'll begin.

1. ABC.

2. Lee Corso.

3. Lou Holts.

4. CBS.

5. Lincoln Sports.

JPW is overrated? 16/20 for 243 yards, 3 TDs and no picks in your first SEC road game is overrated? Wow, you're really reaching for that one.

He'll be a better QB than Brodie ever thought of being IMO.

With all due respect, you bammers never change. You say this about every single quarterback you have ever had. You said this about Brody Croyle. He was going to be way better than (insert name of QB here) ever was. You say this about every quarterback, so it comes as no surprise that you say it again now.

I can appreciate the blind enthusiasm that bammers have for their team and their QB and their coach, but come on.

We will see what kind of QB SJPW might be this weekend against a real opponent.

This is kind of off topic, but still related...did ABC buy ESPN or was it the other way around? I guess if you want to get technical Disney is the one that did the buying seeing how they own both. But did they own ESPN first or ABC first?

Also, I don't understand the comment about missing Jefferson Pilot because of the new Lincoln Financial broadcasts. I don't see where anything has changed for the better or worse. LF did not buy the rights from JP...the name only changed because LF bought out or merged, depending how you look at it, with JP. Same crappy commentators and same crappy broadcast.

Other from that, I agree with all the rest. I tell you the chant I hate the most is Ole Miss and their "Hotty Totty" or whatever the heck it is called.

With all due respect, you bammers never change. You say this about every single quarterback you have ever had. You said this about Brody Croyle. He was going to be way better than (insert name of QB here) ever was. You say this about every quarterback, so it comes as no surprise that you say it again now.

I can appreciate the blind enthusiasm that bammers have for their team and their QB and their coach, but come on.

We will see what kind of QB SJPW might be this weekend against a real opponent.

Croyle was a very good QB. It's not his fault that he had waterboys "blocking" for him. If he hadn't have had the matadors on the o-line, he could have shown everybody a lot more. It's hard to judge a QB when he's getting beat to his drop point.

No, Croyle's not Joe Namath... but he is getting paid to play. Anyone who says that he's not a good QB is foolish.

Blind enthusiasm? I have no blind enthusiasm for anyone. My enthusiasm for CMS is steadily dwindling while my enthusiasm for the 'Bama passing game is justified. I've never really cared for JPW because of his attitude off the field (another story), but I gotta hand it to him... he's putting up big numbers while being hamstrung by a stubborn, and somewhat inept coaching staff. He may not complete 80% of his passes in the Swamp like he did at Arky, but he'll have a good day. He may not have the strongest arm in the world, but that's a savvy QB. I'd take him over most of the QBs in this league right now.

Let me guess....You THINK sally jesse is a better QB than Brandon Cox...right? :blink:

Let me guess....You THINK sally jesse is a better QB than Brandon Cox...right? :blink:

I can't say that yet. Cox has lead AU through a full, SEC season... while JPW has played in only 2 league games. I think that Cox is a solid QB, but I think JPW has the potential to be the better QB. Time will only tell... It's too early to make that comparison.

However, JPW has proved all of you wrong who said that he was weak.

I can't say that yet. Cox has lead AU through a full, SEC season... while JPW has played in only 2 league games. I think that Cox is a solid QB, but I think JPW has the potential to be the better QB. Time will only tell... It's too early to make that comparison.

However, JPW has proved all of you wrong who said that he was weak.

First off, JPW hasn't proven anything against teams like Vandy and Arkansas (maybe he was the reason Shulas was afraid to go for the TD in OT) second they are overrated when fans tell me things like "We've got a great guy at QB to lead us through the season, we could go undefeated." When was the last time a rookie QB led a team to an undefeated season. Third, as for stafford, he never should have gotten a start, Joe Cox is older, better, wiser and he proved it against Colorado, so yes, Stafford was overrated. And Booty, man, dont even get me started on Booty, espn is treating that guy like the next big thing and he hasn't done ****. He's lucky to be surrounded by experience and he's the one they talk about contending for the heisman, please. OVERRATED!

Archived