Muschamp is Rivals Coordinator of the Week.

DKW 86

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=585491

Muschamp is SEC from head to toe. He played at Georgia. He got his master's at Auburn. He was an assistant at LSU from 2001-2004.

Muschamp told Rivals.com his familiarity with the Bayou Bengals definitely gave him a boost.

Will Muschamp admitted his knowledge of LSU's players helped his preparation.

"I don't think there's any question that it helped to understand the strengths and weaknesses of their players," Muschamp said. "But once the game started we had to adjust to the new things that we saw."

Muschamp had to adjust as well, just as he has all season. He has been without probable starting linebackers Kevin Sears and Tray Blackmon because both have been serving team-imposed suspensions. The Auburn defense also lost cornerback Jonathan Wilhite in the second quarter against LSU, and his backup, Patrick Lee, was out with the flu.

"The kids have really adapted well to our new scheme and what we're trying to do," Muschamp said. "More than anything, it's been the kids being able to adjust and adapt that's been the key to our success."

I hope we can hang on to Coach Muschamp for a while. He will be a HC soon enough.

He brings lots of energy to the defense...If the defense keep playing like we did on last saturday, we may end up the season as the best defense in the country....

War Eagle!!! :cheer::au:

Congrats Coach!!!

He brings lots of energy to the defense...If the defense keep playing like we did on last saturday, we may end up the season as the best defense in the country....

War Eagle!!! :cheer::au:

Congrats Coach!!!

And this was done WITHOUT Sears, Blackmon, and Patrick Lee and with only 1 1/2 quarters of Wilhite. God help our opponents when they're all back as well!

Does anyone feel that Muschamp will be groomed to be AU's next head coach when CTT retires or moves on?

If the guy got the CTT recruiting system down and kept Chette Williams, I could see it. Borges, Petrino, etc are all looking to move up as well.

Archived