public service announcement

tigernt'town

the offense does not have to wait for the defense to run onto the field and line up before the ball is put in play. once the ball is whistled ready for play, and the offense is lined up properly and stationary for one count, then it is a legal play. this is taught to kids in peewee and jr. high football, to be ready whenever the offense is anywhere near the line or the ball. alabama defense lollygagged back onto the field and this play on 3rd and 4, cost them critical time that possibly could have been utilized in a late drive. in my opinion, this is when the game swung to arkansas and they really should have scored on that play. it has been several years since i have seen that play actually work. i have never witnessed it work in a college game, what a complete mental breakdown by coaches and players. also, if you are not ready how about someone on coaching staff, joe or mike, or senior player or leader on defense simply call a timeout. i thoroughly enjoyed watching this type of a mistake in a big game by the mighty tahd. :roflol: oh well, you can't fix stupid! can't wait for the urban meyer show this next weekend. :cheer:

Clemson did the same thing v/s the criminoles last weekend! It resulted in a huge run that set up the winning TD.

Archived