Blackmon

pmurphy

A ton of folks on ITAT are saying he'll be back for the Florida game. That would make it a 6 game suspension. That'a AUstudent 22's take and he seems to be in the loop.

serious question, does he crack the two-deep now? i'm not bashing him even in the least, but it's not the same depth chart he left behind.

since his suspension, johnson (his backup on the weakside) moved inside and won a starting job. sears returned to the two-deep at mlb. dede (a senior with about 20 starts) moved back outside and won the starting job on the weakside. gandy moved from safety to wlb, got hurt, recovered, and started a game (last week). so where does tray fit in all this?

right now, your chart looks like this:

sam - will herring; craig stevens

mike - merrill johnson; kevin sears

will - karibi dede; steve gandy

none of those guys are chumps. all but one of them has starting experience at linebacker, and all of them have practiced with the first team since he left. i'll be interested to see how much pt he gets even when he returns.

I respect Tuberville's choice in suspending him this long... but I dont think the crime warrants the punishment.

Of course, most of us are aware that he did not tell Tuberville at the time which probably is the reason for the long suspension. Also, it sends a clear message to the players.

But 5, maybe even 6 games?

i thought kevin's went too long... i'm starting to think the same about tray's. five i understand. the precedent has been set. six is toeing the border of just plain mean. at least it sends a message.

The real crime wasn't the MIP. It was not telling Coach Tubs as soon as it happened. There may be other things that we don't know about factoring in as well.

I agree there must be more to it in both cases. I mean, Sears is a senior and sat out even the LSU game. But, I'm not turning up rocks, a snake is bound to be under one of 'em.

I'm ready for Thursday night... WDE!

serious question, does he crack the two-deep now? i'm not bashing him even in the least, but it's not the same depth chart he left behind.

since his suspension, johnson (his backup on the weakside) moved inside and won a starting job. sears returned to the two-deep at mlb. dede (a senior with about 20 starts) moved back outside and won the starting job on the weakside. gandy moved from safety to wlb, got hurt, recovered, and started a game (last week). so where does tray fit in all this?

right now, your chart looks like this:

sam - will herring; craig stevens

mike - merrill johnson; kevin sears

will - karibi dede; steve gandy

none of those guys are chumps. all but one of them has starting experience at linebacker, and all of them have practiced with the first team since he left. i'll be interested to see how much pt he gets even when he returns.

I am pretty sure TB was listed as a starter above Johnson during the fall. Didn't TB injure his ankle or something, which got MJ some extra reps with 1st team, then the suspension came down. I feel sure TB will get on the field. He drew way too much accolades and praise during the spring and fall and earned a starting spot. I am pretty sure he is the fastest of the LB corps. And he can hit, which means he will fit right in with Herring, Brock, Savage, Johnson, et. al. that have been laying the lumber to some folks.

Trey needed some "quality" time on this one....

He will be back in force come next week. That's what I am hearing. Florida at the latest.

BEAT THE COOTS!

excuse my ignorance but where did mike, sam and will come from?

please no smart a$$ answers.

Mike -- Middle LB

Sam -- Strongside LB (TE side)

Will -- Weakside LB (opposite strong)

Too long , IMO unless there are factors that we are unaware of that warrant a more severe penalty! This kid did pay price of those long spring and fall workouts along with the rest and he's young.... easily discouraged. Come on Tubs. :au:

Guys, you have to look at the suspensions at a different perspective then them just missing games. Some may think that CTT is being too harsh, but did you ever think that may be the message he is trying to send?. If you are a member of that football team, you are going to probably keep yourself in check even better if you know that CTT does not give out punishments equal to the violation, but he gives them out beyond what is equal. Makes sense to me.

That is actually how I discipline my kids when I ground them, timeout, take away privileges, etc. If my daughther warrants something that is a two week grounding, she gets a month. If my son does something to get TV or Gameboy taken away for a week, he gets two weeks instead. Seems to work pretty good because I hardly ever have to discipline them anymore.

The real crime wasn't the MIP. It was not telling Coach Tubs as soon as it happened. There may be other things that we don't know about factoring in as well.

My thoughts exactly. We don't know.

I thought originally that his offense was less severe than Sears', but there may be factors and nuances that got him deeper into the dog house.

I trust the coach(es)--not sure what advice CTT gets on matters like this. I DO know who the ultimate authority is.

Archived