Auburn Fans

kingfish

There was a time when no school was considered as having better fan support that Auburn. When AU lost a game the love for the team and coaches was never even in question. From some of the posts I've read it seems we might have slipped. We have some people that pridefully believe they are smarter than our own coaching staff which has lost 1 SEC game in the last 20 plus. I wonder what our record would be if these posters were the coaches?

Come on folks get a grip! If not for the orange and blue some would think they had come onto a UAT site. We all want our team to play well each time out and represent our school well, not only as the SEC level but also the national level. I challenge each of us to consider how high we would rank nationally if there was a fan support poll. Just something to consider.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Thank you, Kingfish. Well said.

One of the unfortunate results of success on the football field, especially in the state of Alabama, is the fence-stradling fair weather fan that will jump on a schools coat tails and ride as long as the success is there. Once the team struggles and shows a supposed weakness, even though they still win ballgames, the rats start chewing at the ropes. Should that school slip and lose a few, they will quickly find another school to latch on to.

This board has taken on the appearance of the al.com football forum over the past 24 hours. It's sickening to see supposed :au: people turning on this team and the coaching staff like they are.

So are we supposed to stick our heads in the sand and act like there is nothing to be concerned about. I love Auburn, I will always love Auburn win or lose but discussing the game, good or bad, is kind of the point of the forum.

No, but having people calling for CWM's head after a WIN on the road and longing for the return of Gibbs as DC is just plain stupid. Wouldn't you agree?

Look at the posts on the forum. Count how many are from 20 year old coaching geniuses talking about how much :au: sucks. It's shameful. You'd expect this kind of crap on Tider Insider....never thought I'd see this from an :au: person.

No, but having people calling for CWM's head after a WIN on the road and longing for the return of Gibbs as DC is just plain stupid. Wouldn't you agree?

Yes but I haven't seen any of that here(maybe I wasn't looking hard enough). The D looked bad and CWM probably should've run a spy on Newton. However since we couldn't cover their recievers either we probably couldn't spare a LB from pass coverage. Honestly I don't know how you control a player like Newton but we better figure it out before UF comes to town who might be better off playing Tebow the whole game after watching what Newton did to us.

Honestly I don't know how you control a player like Newton but we better figure it out before UF comes to town who might be better off playing Tebow the whole game after watching what Newton did to us.

Sounds to me like a job for our "Little Ball of HATE"!

Yes but I haven't seen any of that here(maybe I wasn't looking hard enough). The D looked bad and CWM probably should've run a spy on Newton. However since we couldn't cover their recievers either we probably couldn't spare a LB from pass coverage. Honestly I don't know how you control a player like Newton but we better figure it out before UF comes to town who might be better off playing Tebow the whole game after watching what Newton did to us.

You're right, there are things that need to be worked on with this team. I put that into the coaches hands. They've won 20 out of the last 21 SEC games....I'll defer to them.

Playing :usc: on the road at night on national TV isn't as easy a task as some make it out to be. Spurrier had them ready to play, and they were gunning for us.

The thing that gets me with some (a minority of the posters) here is they seem to expect our opposition to lay down and give us the game. I've got news for them, this isn't going to happen. We are going to get everyones best shot. We're 5-0 right now, and I am happy with that.

Do I think this team is perfect? Not at all. But I am not going to give up on this season or any game in the future just because we got played tight on the road.

The success of the 2004 team has spoiled some of the fans. If you remember that year, just about all the games were over by halftime because the offense blitzkrieged through every opponent: i.e. AU scored on the first possession in every game except uat, & they had a 3rd down completion rate of like 60%. The defense smothered everything else. That kind of dominance comes around rarely and to expect this 2006 team to win like that is unrealistic. There are different ways to win and being lucky isn't a bad thing. We'll just have to see how the rest of the season plays out.

You're right, there are things that need to be worked on with this team. I put that into the coaches hands. They've won 19 out of the last 20 SEC games....I'll defer to them.

Playing :usc: on the road at night on national TV isn't as easy a task as some make it out to be. Spurrier had them ready to play, and they were gunning for us.

The thing that gets me with some (a minority of the posters) here is they seem to expect our opposition to lay down and give us the game. I've got news for them, this isn't going to happen. We are going to get everyones best shot. We're 5-0 right now, and I am happy with that.

Do I think this team is perfect? Not at all. But I am not going to give up on this season or any game in the future just because we got played tight on the road.

I'm definitely not giving up on the team. Right now we have things to work on but a lot of it would be remedied by wilhite coming back. This team reminds me a lot of 02' tOSU. The more I have time to think about the game the better I feel about it but if we don't improve on D, UF could be a long game.

Hey, I am a new poster here, but I have not seen much "head hunting" on this baord. I think the purpose of this board is for people to disect, discuss, debate, argue, laugh, and whatever else about Auburn football. Except for a few posts about Gilbert (which we are not supposed to use names here), I think all is just Monday morning quarterbacking (on a Friday!). That's what these baords is all about right? That's probably most of the postings here. It is not even a fraction as bad as the TiderInsider postings, that;s not even a close comparison. With all good teams, there are the bandwagoners, but it is the down years that our fans shine the best (when those bandwagoners are not around). The Auburn faithful still shine on the good years I believe.

As to the original post, yes, I always have and still think Auburn has the finest "family" of fans in the nation. You can't just look at the message boards, that's probably 1/2 of 1/2 of 1 percent of our fan base. I look at Tiger Walk, people I see randonly in public, myself and family, Auburn, our players and coaches, students, university, etc. to judge this.

The thing that made my Tang bitter this morning was logging and skimming through all the doom and gloom posts. I would say that 70-75% of the posts would have a person that knew no better believing that we had lost the game. For every post that said, "How about that offensive playcalling" there were 7 or 8 conceding defeat. That may come true, but until they actually play the game, I'm not going to concede anything.

One fellow went as far as to say he would be happy with nothing less than perfection. That young man is in for a miserable life. How many of you can say in all honesty that they have seen many perfect games in their life? With that, I mean all aspects of the game being flawless....no errors at all. If the good Lord above allows me to see the light of day tomorrow morning, I'll turn 42 years old. I can say without any shadow of doubt that I have yet to see a truely perfect game in college football. Seen a lot of games that came close, but nothing I would classify as perfect. My grading criteria is admittedly liberal, but I equate success with winning. Don't get me wrong, I want to see :au: go out and completely destroy their opponent, but to say that winning a close game is on par with losing the game is stupid. And, as my good friend Loger said, to expect this team to go out and run through their opponents like the '04 team did is unrealistic.

The best team of the '90s, some of the most explosive teams in SEC history, belonged to none other than Steve Spurrier at :uf: . How many undefeated seasons did he have during that dominant run the Gators had? This "style points" catch phrase some have snuggled up to is ridiculous. If :au: is fortunate enough to run the table this season, things will take care of themselves. Like I said earlier in this thread, this team is highly ranked and it doesn't matter whether we're playing Ole Miss, Arkansas, or whomever; we are going to get their best shot. It goes with the territory. The fact of the matter is there are several ball clubs left on the schedule that are capable of beating us. This comes with playing in the nations toughest conference.

Enjoy what we have. We are blessed with one of the best coaching staffs in the country, some of the best young men in division 1A (in both talent and character), and the best team (right now) in the SEC. This team is not perfect, we all realize that, but we are undefeated and these young men that some are down on are learning some very valuable lessons that will pay great dividends later this season and in the next few years. I recall some pundit from either TSN or ESPN saying in the preseason that South Carolina would be our trap game, and went so far as to say we would lose that game to a fired up Gamecock squad. Well we didn't, and I say we are one up on them and 2 up on our closest competition in the division.

WAR DAMN EAGLE and bring on the Hogs.

Well put TigerinSpain,

I remember the 1994 Auburn/ Florida when we knock Florida off the number 1 spot. Every team we play from now on is going to go for the juggler. That's one bet you're guaranteed to win every time.

Enjoy what we have. We are blessed with one of the best coaching staffs in the country, some of the best young men in division 1A (in both talent and character), and the best team (right now) in the SEC. This team is not perfect, we all realize that, but we are undefeated and these young men that some are down on are learning some very valuable lessons that will pay great dividends later this season and in the next few years. I recall some pundit from either TSN or ESPN saying in the preseason that South Carolina would be our trap game, and went so far as to say we would lose that game to a fired up Gamecock squad. Well we didn't, and I say we are one up on them and 2 up on our closest competition in the division.

WAR DAMN EAGLE and bring on the Hogs.

:clap: Yes some need to remember ITS GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!

I will speak for myself here. The game last night was close. Defense played horrible. Offense played perfect. Special team plays were outstanding. Now, that being said, I believe I am as big an Auburn fan as you are. I find it funny that because some of us here could criticize our team we're being labeled fair-weather fan? That we will jump off when other teams are doing better than AU? Nobody is calling for CTT's head. Nobody is calling for CWM's head. Nobody is calling for CAB's head. We saw a problem, we pointed it out (albeit loudly), and all us remain optimistic that things can only get better.

You and I may have different viewpoint, sir, but please don't question my loyalty to Auburn. I would never in a thousand year question an Auburn fan's loyalty on this board, nor start calling them Bammer for I find that name downright disgusting. I respect every poster's opinion and will continue to engage in meaningful discussions about Auburn football.

WDE!

Truth be known, the question of loyalty naturally arises when someone claims to be an AU fan puts down any player or coach [individually or as a group] representing AU. We, without question, have one of the top coaching staffs in America and there isn't a better group of young men than those that represent us each game. The criticizing that exists in some of the posts is in extremely poor taste and actually is more of a negative reflection on the one making the post.

My assment of this is that simply Auburn's talent is young and has a lot of learning to do.The Buffalo game scared me and many said this or that...blah blah don't worry about it next week we'll get the bug's out ......then next week comes and kinda the same thing....well Spurrier is a Genuis stuff like this happens all the time blah blah.

I said it once and I'll say it again if your kid came home with all D+ would you say... well gee son look at the bright side at least you passed.You'll do better next time.Then it happens again.... well shoot....those coarses are hard a lot of people don't do well.Auburn is a family tradition to me and the disection of the problems are KEPT IN THE FAMILY.I stick to my guns around the enemies if IF IF Auburn looses I still have my banner on the side of my car,I still wear my Auburn hat around the UGA's and Bamas.....but when there is a problem like this Defensive dip were in there's no reason we can't get objective in the family....were not "fussin" or "whining" this is a corrective nature of the family.

Somethings wrong with our D right now and the family's a little rattled.My personnal opinion is the D as a whole are a bit confused and aren't tackling well.Fundamentals need to be worked on and coaches need to pin point individuals of their basic needs(like proper form tackling and gang tackling).Seems like we've lost our head of steam after the LSU game and are waiting to get hit instead of hitting first.

WAR EAGLE

Archived