florida game

kickinwang

UF vs AU

ESPN To Air Auburn-Florida Football Game

Tigers and Gators to meet Oct. 14 at 6:45 p.m. CT.

Sept. 29, 2006

AUBURN, Ala. - Auburn's football game against Florida on Oct. 14 will start at 6:45 p.m. CT at Pat Dye Field at Jordan-Hare Stadium and will be televised by ESPN.

It will mark the Tigers' sixth televised game this season and second by ESPN. ESPN aired Auburn's 24-17 victory at South Carolina.

Auburn is currently ranked No. 2 in the latest Associated Press Top 25 poll, while Florida is ranked fifth.

It will be Florida's first visit to Jordan-Hare Stadium since the Tigers knocked off No. 1 Florida, 23-20, in 2001.

Auburn (5-0, 3-0 SEC) will host Arkansas (3-1, 2-0 SEC) next Saturday, Oct. 7, at 11:00 a.m. CT. The game will be televised live by CBS.

According to ESPN, they don't make the decision of where they are going until the Sunday or Monday before that weeks games. That is what Fowler and Herbie have been quoted as saying anyway.

I just hope we are ready for Arky. I still can't figure out why the heck we are playing at 11:00 on CBS.

well...today on GameDay, someone had a Tebow sign and one of them said something like "are we in gainsville already...thought that was next week." not an exact quote, but something along those lines. I thought they might go to Texas-Oklahoma, but I guess not. Our game vs. Florida is pretty much the only good matchup of the week. I don't know if they're going to LSUvsUF or not, but would they follow UF two straight weeks like they did with OSU?

Sounds like the Bammer's "rammer jammer" song has Florida riled up.....Goooooooooooood!

Gators Still Bitter From Loss at Alabama

Published: 9/29/06, 4:05 PM EDT

By MARK LONG

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - They remember the energy-draining big plays. They remember the blitzing, harassing defense. They remember players mocking them with the Gator chomp on the sideline in the fourth quarter.

They remember the endless chants of, 'Hey Florida, we just beat the hell out of you" as they walked off the field.The fifth-ranked Florida Gators remember it all. Vividly.

They also plan to use it as motivation in their rematch against Alabama on Saturday.

"It was kind of embarrassing for everybody, our whole school, our team and our coaches," defensive end Jarvis Moss said. "We don't want the same outcome."

No, the Gators want much more.

Revenge? Maybe. Redemption

So far, Gameday has only gone to games that were broadcast by ABC. Works out good for Herbie since he is doing the commentary for them. Wasn't Gameday at Penn St./ Ohio St. last week?

Archived