Georgia @ Ole Miss

Ryan Sanders

Last night was Richt's worst game at UGA. Simply dreadful.

Is the sky falling? Hell no. I actually will be shocked if we don't take it to UT next week - it'll be a close 60-minute game win or lose, IMO.

But we outweighed(by 62 lb on averaged), out-talented, and out-experienced Ole Miss's DL lastnight and yet we insisted on throwing the ball on first down...and second down...and then running draws to the FB on third and long.

Richt is in a funk as much as our offensive players are. He's insisted Brown is the "best football player on the team" over and over despite a majority of fans seeing clear as day that Lumpkin is our best back. And Richt has just now come to that epiphany and still won't committ more than 13 carries to the guy when he's tearing Ole Miss apart.

I really believe in the principles of WHY MR is rotating the QB's and backs. But at some point, you've got to pick a horse and ride him. Our two horses are Stafford and Lumpkin - if we don't commit to them, we get beat soundly next week IMO. If we do though, I think we win.

Faith in MR always, but I'll admit last night really shook it for the first time ever.

I'm telling ya slink. I was watching thinking what is Richt doing. You've got 2 young inexperienced QBs and you are trying to do mostly passing games.??? You've got 3 stud RBs...hammer it straight ahead!!! I couldn't believe it was close of a ballgame.

The saying Any given Saturday....you never know how a team is going to play from week to week in the SEC.

Archived