Irons: This is about winning, not personal goals.

DKW 86

Amazing. A thread is started solely about Kenny Irons' reference to this game being about team play and not individual stats. The first reply out of the box is "It'd be nice if Irons would keep his trash-talking yap shut once in a while..."

When called on it, BG says "I wasn't referring to THIS article but the Irons boys in general...don't tell me what I'm thinking"

You're right. How in the world could we be so dumb as to think you might be responding to the topic of this thread. Sorry. Our bad.

Wait... we're obsessed? I'm confused now.

Wait. What's that? Shhhhhhh!

What's that we hear coming?

What's coming?

Somebody please tell me?

It's....it's.....a

You clearly thought Kenny was trash talking in the above mentioned article. Then you backpedalled to cover your a**, when you realized that he wasn't talking smack. Sounds like you've got a chip on your shoulder.

No I did not. I already said that i wasnt using this article as reference for him running his mouth. Now either you are calling me a liar or you are just talking out of your ass. But either way, id be cool if you didnt tell me what I am thinking.

You're a liar.

When I talk out of my a** it makes a funny ppbpbpbpbptttt sound.

Itd be nice to see one of the Irons bros keeping the trash talk to a minimum for once.

Where in this statement:

"There are a lot of great backs out there. I don't see anybody who is the greatest back in the SEC," Irons said. "There aren't a lot of personal things going on. Whoever comes out with the win, that's all that matters to me. There will be two great backs out there and two great teams. I'm just looking for the win."

do you find anything resembling trash talk?

In fact, he states that there is no "greatest back in the SEC". It's anti-trash talk if anything.

I was saying that he ISNT talking smack for once. And thats refreshing.

Reading things like "that guy couldnt stop me...he needs to hit the weightroom more" is not exactly the classiest thing ive ever heard.

And watching David Irons celebrate after every tackle (even tackles that arent solo) like he just won the superbowl gets old.

Plug it BG, it has gotten to where every defensive player in the country do some sort of "dance" or something after a tackle, unless the tackle took place 40 yards downfield after they got burned. Don't even act like DI is the only one.

Anybody who has ever really played a sport knows that trash talking is a part of sports. Nothing unclassy about it. Cry me a river. I remember a basketball player that played pretty well for the Bulls being a big time trash talker. I guess he had no "class". DI and KI are great players and people from everything I have seen out of them. I actually enjoy playing ball at the act with football players because they are willing to talk trash which makes the game more exciting. If you talk trash to goofy people who don't really play they get mad and want to fight, which is pathetic, because they dont understand the game. I don't hear any real competitors whining about the Irons' "trash talk". Just opposing fans who WATCH sports (of course).

Archived