Football Trivia

JohnDeere

Argo,

No, Hoover basically just changed names. You had Simmons Middle School and Berry Middle School, and they fed into Berry High School. When they built the new school, it was named Hoover, so Berry High School just became Hoover High School.

Actually, Hoover has done the opposite. Spain Park used to be a part of Hoover, until it was built and half of Hoover moved over there. I guess that was about five years ago or so. Hoover is actually a good bit smaller now than it was five or six years ago (or whenever SPHS opened).

I think this would be a good time to point out that I didn't go to Hoover, so I'm not positive about this riveting yarn I've just weaved for you, but I am about 90% sure I got it all right.

Out of curiosity, does your name have anything to do with where you live?

If you're 90% sure you are right, that's 70% better than what I know, so I'll take your word on it.

My handle is my last name. I live in Gadsden, actually, in the Noccalula Falls area.

I graduated from Hoover Class of 2000.

First of all let me address the main topic of this thread. JohnDeere, did you just use Bammer logic? You just looked up who has the most championships to determine how good a team is. Hoover is a current Dynasty, it can't be denied. Just like the 12 MNCs Bama claims don't keep the Auburns and LSUs from achieving greatness.

Second, yes Hoover is Berry, Berry is Hoover.

Simmons Middle School-> Berry High School

Simmons Middle School->Hoover High School

1995ish

Simmons Middle School-->Hoover High School

Berry Middle School---------^

2000ish

Simmons Middle School-->Hoover High School

Berry Middle School---------^

Bumpus Middle School-----------^

2001ish

Hoover and Spain Park split

First of all let me address the main topic of this thread. JohnDeere, did you just use Bammer logic? You just looked up who has the most championships to determine how good a team is.

You are correct, please forgive me

Oh how I wish Dothan would combine schools so they could compete for State Championships.

6-4 Northview beat my 10-0 undefefeated #2 Opelika Bulldogs 24-17 when All-everything QB Greg Taylor (yes the same Greg Taylor that starred at WR for Auburn U) sat out the first 3 quarters w/ broken ribs he suffered the previous week . Greg came in the game in the 4th quarter when the score was NV24 OHS 0, and almost pulled off the comeback. We had the ball in NV territory when the clock expired. The what if haunts me to this day b/c that 6-4 team that beat us on our own field when our QB was out went on to win the 6A state championship. We still haven't won one but are in contention every year. We have only been going good since the early 80's and don't have a single entry in that record book. That being said hoover has a long way to go to get their name in there. It takes decades. Where is Jeff Davis in that record book?

Coincidentally, Opelika was the only team The View beat while I was there. It was sweet though, oh so very sweet.

Oh how I wish Dothan would combine schools so they could compete for State Championships.

6-4 Northview beat my 10-0 undefefeated #2 Opelika Bulldogs 24-17 when All-everything QB Greg Taylor (yes the same Greg Taylor that starred at WR for Auburn U) sat out the first 3 quarters w/ broken ribs he suffered the previous week . Greg came in the game in the 4th quarter when the score was NV24 OHS 0, and almost pulled off the comeback. We had the ball in NV territory when the clock expired. The what if haunts me to this day b/c that 6-4 team that beat us on our own field when our QB was out went on to win the 6A state championship. We still haven't won one but are in contention every year. We have only been going good since the early 80's and don't have a single entry in that record book. That being said hoover has a long way to go to get their name in there. It takes decades. Where is Jeff Davis in that record book?

Coincidentally, Opelika was the only team The View beat while I was there. It was sweet though, oh so very sweet.

Glad you enjoyed it. Y'all must really suck now. Have you ever sent Greg Taylor a thank you note for breaking his ribs in 85 and handing the VIew our State title ( The View's only one) :puke:

Glad you enjoyed it. Y'all must really suck now. Have you ever sent Greg Taylor a thank you note for breaking his ribs in 85 and handing the VIew our State title ( The View's only one) :puke:

Actually, Northview has two state titles. 81 and 85, but nice bammer logic.

Actually, Northview has two state titles. 81 and 85, but nice bammer logic.

Forgot about that one. Cut me some slack I was eleven in 81. Bammer logic?

I remember Northview's state championship in '81...they knocked out my Foley team in the second round 28-12. Northview got a couple of easy defensive TDs that essentially became the margin of victory.

The main reason I remember that particular game was that it was one of the coldest games I've ever been to in my life...it was in Dothan and the temperature couldn't have been any higher than 25 degrees...the wind was just howling out of the north, too. I don't think there was anybody left in Foley that night because it seemed like the entire town was at the game.

Northview also beat us twice in the regular season when I was in HS...two gut-wrenching losses in '84 and '85.

Archived