gameday signs

WarDlowe

i didnt' waste my time even going, but supposdly gameday checked your sign when you went in and there is a pile of ones that didn't make it. very lame.. the only reason i would have gotten up and gone down there was to see the signs.

I swear I saw the "Lou Holth ith a penith" one right at the beginning though...and I saw the Beavis and Butthead one from the other board too.

ya there was a pile of signs that didnt' make it in, they were checkign all of them. i didnt' see "lou holtz ith a penith" or the beavis and butthead one. best one i saw was some girl had one that said "i love cox" or one that said "tuberville is shula's daddy". a cople ones that got rejected were "corso loves cox" and "leak has small feet....think about it". corso says we have the hottest women, but then he pulls out that damn gator head :angryfire:

ya there was a pile of signs that didnt' make it in, they were checkign all of them. i didnt' see "lou holtz ith a penith" or the beavis and butthead one. best one i saw was some girl had one that said "i love cox" or one that said "tuberville is shula's daddy". a cople ones that got rejected were "corso loves cox" and "leak has small feet....think about it". corso says we have the hottest women, but then he pulls out that damn gator head :angryfire:

he likely picked Florida because they will let him wear the gator head. Nobody but the mascot people at Auburn are allowed to wear the AUBIE head.

he likely picked Florida because they will let him wear the gator head. Nobody but the mascot people at Auburn are allowed to wear the AUBIE head.

that's interesting, haven't heard that before. how do you know that for sure? not doubting, just wondering. i thought for sure corso was gonna pick us becasue herbie picked florida and corso always plays to the crowd, he did pick iowa over ohio state

there was another sign that i found pretty funny. it said "corso, pick florida. auburn 62, fresno state 0"

that's interesting, haven't heard that before. how do you know that for sure? not doubting, just wondering. i thought for sure corso was gonna pick us becasue herbie picked florida and corso always plays to the crowd, he did pick iowa over ohio state

there was another sign that i found pretty funny. it said "corso, pick florida. auburn 62, fresno state 0"

I'll check for an online source but its been pretty common knowledge for several years that Auburn won't let anybody wear the aubie head except for the mascot personel.

It is true that nobody is allowed to wear the mascot head besides the actual Aubie's.

But it hasn't stopped Corso from picking Auburn in the past, the one that sticks out the most is the Tennessee game in Knoxville in 04. He just put on a fake helmet and held up a banner and stuff.

corso_tigers.jpg

They probably checked signs after the debacle last week with the sign that had a picture of a certain part of the male anatomy on it. Some thought it was funny, but it is something I don't won't me, my 8 year old son, and 14 year old daughter to see on Saturday mornings. Say want you want about ESPN, but I give them props for making sure nothing tasteless shows up on my TV.

It is already hard enought to stomach Corso as it is. :lol:

I am hoping that the lack of attendance, after all the griping to get Gameday to come, is not going to be indicitive of the fans at the game tonight. Maybe all the college kids just partied too hard last night and could not get to the Gameday sight that early.

That was a poor showing on Gameday. It got a little better as the broadcast went on. I thought it was noticably more full at the end of the show than the beginning.

Hopefully the fans will show up in the stands, and even more important, hopefully the team will show up on the field. That is what really matters. If we play like we have been the last few weeks, it will be ugly, but if the team plays up to its potential, we can pull it out.

I'm hundreds of miles away, but flying my car flag proudly as I ride around town today.

War Damn Eagle!!!

I'm hundreds of miles away, but flying my car flag proudly as I ride around town today.

Doing the same thing in Hattiesburg, MS.

The sign that I loved was the one about Tubbs like you stated it made me spill my coffee when I saw it!

Some of the signs that were taken up at gameday.

"Gator fans boo Leak because he is black"

"Juwan Simpson, "Man it feels good to be a gangsta"

The ever populater "FU:UF"

One gator fan had his sign taken up. All it said was "Go F Gators" The lady looking in the crowd saw it and took it up.

If I can think of more I will post.

I personally liked:

The GOOD :au:

THe BAD :uf:

and the UGLY :ua:

and the one that said...

HEY ESPN! USC, Ohio State and Notre Dame aren't playing here today!

I took a sign to Game Day at Tennessee in 2004 and they were checking signs then. But I don't remember them checking signs at the AU-UGA game that year...

They also took our poles, which upset everybody. I guess they didnt want the stadium view to be blocked, at first, I went in with my whiteboard, then I changed my sign from:

Barkley for Governor 2010

to

ESPN STOLE OUR POLES!!!

then i left with that on the sign and got a lot of dirty looks from the csc people.

I went up to K corner in the baseball stadium and had my sign say anything I wanted from then on.

My friend draws a good aubie and we had him pointing to "Aubie says: War Eagle"

and

Lou Holtz, Swallow your spit!

No part of the Aubie costume is to be seen in public if it isnt on Aubie.....that goes hand in hand with Aubie notbeing allowed to speak no matter what......and knowing the identity of Aubie...

my old roomate was an aubie, they are extremely protective about the suit. I used to take him to appearances and as soon as he put the head on he wouldn't talk to me. Used to make me really angry, but you can't cuss aubie out.

They also took our poles, which upset everybody. I guess they didnt want the stadium view to be blocked, at first, I went in with my whiteboard, then I changed my sign from:

to

ESPN STOLE OUR POLES!!!

then i left with that on the sign and got a lot of dirty looks from the csc people.

I went up to K corner in the baseball stadium and had my sign say anything I wanted from then on.

and

o damn man i saw that whiteboard with the aubie on it!! you were between gameday and the baseball stadium right? like right outside the gameday fence?

my favorite ones inside the actual game were "t-bag tebow" and

hErbstreit

Sucks

Pee

Niss!!

after the guy with the tebow sign walked through the student section and showed it to everybody it became a chant anytime tebow came into the game. along with at toomers after the game. pretty funny

to

ESPN STOLE OUR POLES!!!

and

yeah, that was me, I showed up with my friend at 5 am only to find about 50-60 people in line already, and a bunch of other fans ran to the front when they started letting people in, so we didnt get a great spot on the field, it was nice to be able to sit on the fence during commercials though, and we were trying to get all the other fans on the field pumped up during down time. That is, when we werent talking smack to the fan's wearing michigan and usc gear...

o damn man i saw that whiteboard with the aubie on it!! you were between gameday and the baseball stadium right? like right outside the gameday fence?

my favorite ones inside the actual game were "t-bag tebow" and

hErbstreit

Sucks

Pee

Niss!!

after the guy with the tebow sign walked through the student section and showed it to everybody it became a chant anytime tebow came into the game. along with at toomers after the game. pretty funny

Fowler actually dressed the crowd down over the Holtz sign. He said it was funny when they read it the first

time but to take it down and not embarrass the school or Holtz. It was a very restrained crowd but interesting to watch, they did a good job of hiding the gator head for Corso

:arky: How bout that sign that said D-Mac 4 Heisman

Old news. Two weeks ago. Past is past. Onward and Upward.

WDE ! ! ! :au:

Archived