PF Column has interesting stat.

DKW 86

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/pf...&thispage=2

Regardless of how accurate predictions are at certain points in the season, the well being of the fans is another barometer. Auburn fans, for the most part, didn't panic after the Arkansas loss. They seemed to have faith in Tommy Tuberville and company to have a good chance to bounce back against Florida. That's exactly what happened and now fans are basking in the glow of that stunning victory as well as the BCS surprise.

Alabama fans were in shock after trailing Duke at halftime and were faintly optimistic that things would improve against Ole Miss. After all, the oddsmakers had the Tide favored by 15 points against an Ole Miss team which had lost earlier in the season to Kentucky (a 49-0 loser Saturday to LSU). The opposition improved a hair and Alabama essentially was one play better than the Rebels, pulling out an overtime squeaker.

Was it a big deal? Should Tide fans be celebrating the five wins against opponents who are now a combined 10-22? :o

It was tough to tell because before the cheers of utter relief at the end of the game, there were enough boos to make an athletics director and president nervous. What if Alabama had lost to a miserable Ole Miss team? Would it have been over for Shula?

2 consecutive pull it out of your @ss victories against the co-doormat of the division says something for the program.

I hope Shula stays there forever.

Was it a big deal? Should Tide fans be celebrating the five wins against opponents who are now a combined 10-22?

In the fashion they won by vs most of those teams..... a big no.

Still can't count them out. They are accustomed to winning the close one's. Who it's against does not matter. All that matters is when they come to the end of a game and score is close, they are used to winning. That could go a long way if we let them stay close. I would like to see Tubs really pound them this year. (if I had a $1 for that phrase over the last 4 years)

I would have killed for another "ugly" win over arky.

Archived