Dennis Dodd Article

TigerGlide

Undefeated West Virginia is expected to move into the No. 4 spot ahead of one-loss Auburn when the BCS standings are released Sunday evening.

That's significant because West Virginia would then be in position to grab a title berth if two of the top three falter down the stretch. One of key BCS questions had become: Would a undefeated Big East champion finished ahead of a one-loss SEC champion?

CBS Sportline

The poll isn't out, but I thought this might happen since there was only .003 difference in the composite scores last week. I'm sure UConn rated as a tougher opponent than Tulane.

I just saw the rankings on ESPN News and we were still fourth.

I think those were from last week.

Maybe they were...kind of odd to have last week's rankings on the ticker though.

We did gain some points and WVU lose some points in both the Harris and Coaches polls this week.

They just showed the new BCS standings just released on FOX, and we are still #4. Guess Dodd is not all knowing. It's hard to drop when you win, period. WV will have their hands full this week at Louisville, the a few weeks later at Pittsburgh and don't overlook their last game vs Rutgers. Rutgers proved against Pitt they are for real. Lot of FB left to play.

Flip-flopping with WVU shouldn't come as a big shock...the margin was fairly slim last week and they played a better opponent than we did.

My only hope is that Auburn wins the remainder of their games, be it 5 more or 6 more.

Archived