Post game thread

Ranger12

Quick analogy here. In basketball, I've followed Duke's program closely for a lot of years. The debate always comes up about the best teams of all time and I will usually argue the second of Duke's championship teams in the early nineties. Not because they had the best individual talent like some of the UNLV or UCLA, but because of what they had to face the second year. As defending champions, they got every team's best shot, each and every night out.

I'm not saying that AU is the defending champions, but it can't be taken for granted what this program has accomplished the last 3 years and how the rest of the conference looks at a game against Auburn. No matter who Auburn plays, they WILL get that team's best shot every single Saturday.

Alright, who mailed esquire the Kool Aid??? :big:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That could be a part of it. Maybe I am waaaaay off, but I think the overall strategy has been that of survival with a 12 straight week schedule. Yes, it backfired in a major way against Arkansas, and there have been a couple of close calls in other games.

Would we as fans be happier with a few close wins along the way to being completely healthy for the two biggest rivalry games, or blowout wins with a depleated squad full of banged up players for the last two?

While, I don't know what the outcome will be in the UGA and UAT games, I do like Auburn's chances with a healthy team starting those two games.

I was listening to the radio broadcast during the game. Stan White said, of his 11-0 season, no one remembered the too close for comfort 14-10 win versus Vandy. At the end of the season it's just another check in the W column. I couldn't agree more.

Stan is absolutely right. If this team finishes the season 12-1 or 13-1, I don't expect too many people are going to mention a 23-17 win against :om: as a dark cloud on the season. They're going to be too busy celebrating a tremendous football season on the Plains and saving up their negativity for next season.

Not if that ONE keeps you out of the SECCG.

Okay, I'm a little unhappy. I'm a little disturbed. I'm a little uneasy. But I ain't got NOTHIN' to say. A win's not a win, though. That's bammer talk. Seriously. A win't not a win.

Well...you ARE a little disturbed. But hey, so am I. With that said...i am mostly in agreement. :)

:au::homer:

but tell me you truly belive if we played THE Ohio State university (note extreme sarcasm)...

It's the University of Ohio State.

And did you notice that Arkansas has the best record in the SouthWest Conference?

That's just because they're the only team still IN the SW conference, apparently.... B)

That could be a part of it. Maybe I am waaaaay off, but I think the overall strategy has been that of survival with a 12 straight week schedule. Yes, it backfired in a major way against Arkansas, and there have been a couple of close calls in other games.

Would we as fans be happier with a few close wins along the way to being completely healthy for the two biggest rivalry games, or blowout wins with a depleated squad full of banged up players for the last two?

While, I don't know what the outcome will be in the UGA and UAT games, I do like Auburn's chances with a healthy team starting those two games.

Hmm...good theory, survival and keep injuries to a minimum. If that is the case, then this week against Arky State, we should start to pick it up to go into the UGA game on a roll. And who could have thought Arky was going to be as good as they are right now. I sure didn't. But that said, not a great theory in the SEC, may work in the PAC-10 or Big Least but not here. Every game is a tough game. I doubt LSU, Florida, Tennessee (the most recent past SEC National Champs) used this theory. If we are good enough, stacked and loaded with tallented back-ups, this is not a problem and we should play every game as if it means something. I have not seen that from this team this year, so this theory may have some merit. You talked me into it! Now lets see it work!

I am a sunshine pumper and if anybody has a problem with that they can kiss my :moon: . Funny how that term gets thrown around about anybody that refuses to do nothing but complain after a win. I call it more like not trying to act like a fan from the west side of the state.

Sure I am not happy with our defensive play. But after a win, I am not going to spend the rest of the week griping about it either. We came out with a "W" and know it is time to move on to the next game. It is not like any complaining that I do on the board is going to have any positive affect on the team or coaches. It is not like they are going to listen to my advice on how to make it better and I sure am not going to pretend like I know more then the coaches do.

I don't think anybody on this board is happy with the way we are playing. But, I also think that the AU family needs to maintain some integrity and not be calling for a coach to be fired after his first year as DC. Don't we give bammers a hard time for saying things like that? Good gracious, let the guy have more then a year to recruit his style of players for his style of defense and let him have more then a year to work with it. CTT did not exactly blow everybody away his first year or two at AU and there were plenty of "boo-birds" then too, including me. I even remember going on a radio show saying he could not take us to the next level. Boy was I and many others wrong about him. Not many coaches are like Al Borges and make an immediate impact their first year at a new school. CWM is a proven college DC at big programs. He is not some "green" up and coming DC. He got the job done at LSU. Did he not coach a NC defense at LSU? Hmmmm.....

BY the way I,m signing out because I'm not going to be anywhere near a computer for a couple of months.You can count this as my last sign out with a good kiss MY ass.YOU old fat ranger homosexual.

Not that there's anything wrong with that! :lol:

Archived