Post game thread

Ranger12

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been one of the "sunshine pumpers" I guess all season. I have been one of the ones saying the "W" is all that matters. I went to the game, and then went to the Valdosta State @ UNA game tonight.

I still feel that the "W" is all that matters, but let me say that the whole way back home and all during the UNA game, I am sitting there with my buddies and not feeling overly confident. I can imagine every remaining game will be just like this one.

Guys, honestly at this point, the team is what it is. This is the team we have in 2006. Say what you want to about this statement, but the bottom line is that we are going to need every single one of YOU in the stands at JHS to beat UGA. If the 12th man shows up, we can do it one more time.

But I am extremely worried about Alabama at this point.

I am a sunshine pumper and if anybody has a problem with that they can kiss my :moon: . Funny how that term gets thrown around about anybody that refuses to do nothing but complain after a win. I call it more like not trying to act like a fan from the west side of the state.

Sure I am not happy with our defensive play. But after a win, I am not going to spend the rest of the week griping about it either. We came out with a "W" and know it is time to move on to the next game. It is not like any complaining that I do on the board is going to have any positive affect on the team or coaches. It is not like they are going to listen to my advice on how to make it better and I sure am not going to pretend like I know more then the coaches do.

I don't think anybody on this board is happy with the way we are playing. But, I also think that the AU family needs to maintain some integrity and not be calling for a coach to be fired after his first year as DC. Don't we give bammers a hard time for saying things like that? Good gracious, let the guy have more then a year to recruit his style of players for his style of defense and let him have more then a year to work with it. CTT did not exactly blow everybody away his first year or two at AU and there were plenty of "boo-birds" then too, including me. I even remember going on a radio show saying he could not take us to the next level. Boy was I and many others wrong about him. Not many coaches are like Al Borges and make an immediate impact their first year at a new school. CWM is a proven college DC at big programs. He is not some "green" up and coming DC. He got the job done at LSU. Did he not coach a NC defense at LSU? Hmmmm.....

I don't think anybody on this board is happy with the way we are playing. But, I also think that the AU family needs to maintain some integrity and not be calling for a coach to be fired after his first year as DC. Don't we give bammers a hard time for saying things like that? Good gracious, let the guy have more then a year to recruit his style of players for his style of defense and let him have more then a year to work with it.

It that what happened to Gibbs???

Did he not coach a NC defense at LSU? Hmmmm.....

S-A-B-A-N

raven i hate to be the one who tells you this but here it is: UGA and Alabama are going to have a good chance at a W. there. i told you.

this is a team that is good enough to beat anyone in the country, but they're inconsistent enough to lose against almost any above average team. if uga cuts out the turnovers, they probably beat uf today. if bama doesn't freak out in the fourth, they beat ut. they're above average teams, and we're not a team with a killer instinct.

HOWEVER, i wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if we won out to finish with one of the best records in school history. we have a solid running game. a control passing game. a line that has gelled quite well and is getting healtier. the best special teams i can remember in a long time. a defense that makes big plays, and two of the last three at home. we're not going to beat bama or uga by more than 10-14 and we're not going to throw a shutout or anything like that. this team just knows how to win close games. just don't be shocked if the team you've basically been bashing for its shortcomings becomes one of 3 teams in school history to win 11 games.

war damn eagle! arkansas state is next. time to get revenge on that state. ;)

Cox completed 62% of his passes, threw for 253 yds and connected with 9 different receivers. AU had a 100-yd rusher (Irons) and a 100-yd receiver (Taylor) in this game. The OL gave up zero sacks, helped gain 428 total yds and owned the ball for 8 seconds shy of 38 minutes. AU won their 3rd SEC road game of the season. Yep, they also had a couple of turnovers & had more penalties than I can remember. The defense made Brent Schaeffer look good. He was 8 for 16. But at this point in the season, a win is a win. I'm beyond caring about style points anymore because I don't expect this team to blow anybody out. They'll hang in there with anyone and play everybody close. That is their "style." No amount of wishing or hoping they play differently is going to change this team. This is the way they play & win. Can you be happy with that? War Eagle and just win, baby! :au:

but tell me you truly belive if we played THE Ohio State university (note extreme sarcasm)...

It's the University of Ohio State.

And did you notice that Arkansas has the best record in the SouthWest Conference?

The team has got to tighten up and play 4 quarters of football or there is gonna be some serious crow eating going on in the next few weeks.

GoAU. Actually I did my Four years and didnt get to use my 5 to play! Sorry grew up in Wis racing cars. But the drugs thing, sure im on drugs. Why not its fun! Anyway maybe this is the way to put the they play like they dont care thing. "Were Auburn you cant beat us" I dont think the fans saying that we want the team we love to be playing for it all create that. How many games in a row can a team come out FLAT or lacksidasical? And to me that is either one of two things. A. a poorly prepared team or B. an overconfident bunch that hasnt learned that you have to play hard every game no matter who it is. The worst part is that we have the talent and the coaching and we still look like this. So that is the only thing I can come up with. And like I said dont show your butt by calling names. All that does is lead me to think you spend alot of time sifting through bama pages defending AU. You dont have to defend them here they are big boys and need to quit acting like they cant be beat and more time playing that way!

raven i hate to be the one who tells you this but here it is: UGA and Alabama are going to have a good chance at a W. there. i told you.

I beat you to it, in another thread.

EDIT: It was in this thread...#51.

I am a sunshine pumper and if anybody has a problem with that they can kiss my :moon: . Funny how that term gets thrown around about anybody that refuses to do nothing but complain after a win. I call it more like not trying to act like a fan from the west side of the state.

Sure I am not happy with our defensive play. But after a win, I am not going to spend the rest of the week griping about it either. We came out with a "W" and know it is time to move on to the next game. It is not like any complaining that I do on the board is going to have any positive affect on the team or coaches. It is not like they are going to listen to my advice on how to make it better and I sure am not going to pretend like I know more then the coaches do.

I don't think anybody on this board is happy with the way we are playing. But, I also think that the AU family needs to maintain some integrity and not be calling for a coach to be fired after his first year as DC. Don't we give bammers a hard time for saying things like that? Good gracious, let the guy have more then a year to recruit his style of players for his style of defense and let him have more then a year to work with it. CTT did not exactly blow everybody away his first year or two at AU and there were plenty of "boo-birds" then too, including me. I even remember going on a radio show saying he could not take us to the next level. Boy was I and many others wrong about him. Not many coaches are like Al Borges and make an immediate impact their first year at a new school. CWM is a proven college DC at big programs. He is not some "green" up and coming DC. He got the job done at LSU. Did he not coach a NC defense at LSU? Hmmmm.....

BY the way I,m signing out because I'm not going to be anywhere near a computer for a couple of months.You can count this as my last sign out with a good kiss MY ass.YOU old fat ranger homosexual.

Are you joking???!!! I guess you will take this and pump it full of sunshine and rainbows and be devastated when we lose again. We have never in any one of our games looked like a top 5 team in ANY POLL! This team plays like it doesnt care!!! And if that is the case then why do I get so pumped for the games?? I totaly agree you can flip that comnet but tell me you truly belive if we played THE Ohio State university (note extreme sarcasm) that they wouldnt make us look like they did Minn today!!!!!!!

i've had about all i can take of your "i didn't watch the game, but i'll whine and cry now" garbage. if you didn't even watch the game, you have absolutely no idea how the whole thing panned out and you're just reacting to how you think it went based on the box score. we aren't national championship material. does that REALLY surprise anyone? are you people not happy that the team has ONE loss in 9 straight games with no bye week? we could easily win out the rest of the season if we play football. not one of our opponents in the next three games is an above average football team. we can do it.

all this crap about the team "playing like it doesn't care" is hilarious to me. to be able to say that with a straight face, you've totally removed yourself from the reality of football and of human ability, and are seriously badmouthing the kids that put on the pads and give you something to be excited about. these boys are gritting their teeth and hitting the turf harder than your pimply asses could even imagine. whether you feel let down about the game or not has absolutely nothing to do with how much they want to win. they want to win every game. so does their opponent. shut your mouth and think before you open it again.

BY the way I,m signing out because I'm not going to be anywhere near a computer for a couple of months.You can count this as my last sign out with a good kiss MY ass.YOU old fat ranger homosexual.

Buh bye - come back again when you can't stay as long :moon:

GoAU. Actually I did my Four years and didnt get to use my 5 to play! Sorry grew up in Wis racing cars. But the drugs thing, sure im on drugs. Why not its fun! Anyway maybe this is the way to put the they play like they dont care thing. "Were Auburn you cant beat us" I dont think the fans saying that we want the team we love to be playing for it all create that. How many games in a row can a team come out FLAT or lacksidasical? And to me that is either one of two things. A. a poorly prepared team or B. an overconfident bunch that hasnt learned that you have to play hard every game no matter who it is. The worst part is that we have the talent and the coaching and we still look like this. So that is the only thing I can come up with. And like I said dont show your butt by calling names. All that does is lead me to think you spend alot of time sifting through bama pages defending AU. You dont have to defend them here they are big boys and need to quit acting like they cant be beat and more time playing that way!

I have no idea what the heck you were trying to say in that post, but I guess it really doesn't matter - I know your type on this board - look at a negative out there, forget the small things like an 8-1 record, top ten in all polls to include the BCS, beating teams like UF and LSU, winning 22 of the last 24 SEC games, etc.

I don't go to any Bama pages, period. And I dread to think I actually have to defend Auburn's football team on one of our own damn boards - pathetic...

Wow, what an intelligent and mature person you must be. You must be a real tough guy to type such things behind the safety of your keyboard.

I read a couple of pages of this thread - pathetic and embarassing. Why don't you great "coaches" show up at Tubbie's office this morning and volunteer your expertise? I'm sure you could get us to win every game by 40 style points. You owe it to the team! Get out there and help us win.

If you don't do that, then STFU!

War Eagle!

I support the players and the coaches and won't run them in the ground after a win.

I read a couple of pages of this thread - pathetic and embarassing. Why don't you great "coaches" show up at Tubbie's office this morning and volunteer your expertise? I'm sure you could get us to win every game by 40 style points. You owe it to the team! Get out there and help us win.

If you don't do that, then STFU!

War Eagle!

I support the players and the coaches and won't run them in the ground after a win.

My consultation fees are relatively low, compared to Tubby's $2.5 million dollar salary, so I don't see a problem with compensation. B)

Thank God you're leaving. This board doesn't need the likes of you.

The best party about this thread is that the people that were bringing up these points last week are still getting bashed. 8-1 ok, last 3 years record of course its great. But for us to want more thats us being bammers and being idiots and morons. Why dont you try acting more like what you are preaching. To be quite honest I actually liked this board better when I didnt post. So have fun boys and girls!

The best party about this thread is that the people that were bringing up these points last week are still getting bashed. 8-1 ok, last 3 years record of course its great. But for us to want more thats us being bammers and being idiots and morons. Why dont you try acting more like what you are preaching. To be quite honest I actually liked this board better when I didnt post. So have fun boys and girls!

So, correct me if I am wrong, did you just admit the board was better before you started posting?

So, correct me if I am wrong, did you just admit the board was better before you started posting?

That's the take I had on it, and I agree with his assessment.

BY the way I,m signing out because I'm not going to be anywhere near a computer for a couple of months if I keep running my fat mouth, I'll be permanently banned anyway. You can count this as my last latest sign out with a good kiss MY ass. YOU old fat ranger homosexual. Bye Daddy.

Fixed that for you, weenie boy.

Ole Miss got their money's worth with the ref's home cooking calls (and missed calls).

I was listening to the radio broadcast during the game. Stan White said, of his 11-0 season, no one remembered the too close for comfort 14-10 win versus Vandy. At the end of the season it's just another check in the W column. I couldn't agree more.

One more win. One week at a time. Keep it up.

Remember - anybody's dangerous when they've got nothing to lose. And if you don't believe anything can happen on any given day, watch the Iron Bowl again where 3rd string Trey Smith ran up and down the field against uat. I'm still shocked.

Quick analogy here. In basketball, I've followed Duke's program closely for a lot of years. The debate always comes up about the best teams of all time and I will usually argue the second of Duke's championship teams in the early nineties. Not because they had the best individual talent like some of the UNLV or UCLA, but because of what they had to face the second year. As defending champions, they got every team's best shot, each and every night out.

I'm not saying that AU is the defending champions, but it can't be taken for granted what this program has accomplished the last 3 years and how the rest of the conference looks at a game against Auburn. No matter who Auburn plays, they WILL get that team's best shot every single Saturday.

I was listening to the radio broadcast during the game. Stan White said, of his 11-0 season, no one remembered the too close for comfort 14-10 win versus Vandy. At the end of the season it's just another check in the W column. I couldn't agree more.

Stan is absolutely right. If this team finishes the season 12-1 or 13-1, I don't expect too many people are going to mention a 23-17 win against :om: as a dark cloud on the season. They're going to be too busy celebrating a tremendous football season on the Plains and saving up their negativity for next season.

Archived