Post game thread

Ranger12

Put your post game thoughts here, that way the game thread does not get to 30 pages long.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We looked like a bunch of little children trying to figure out what in the world football is. Turnovers, penalties, dropped passes, and poor defense. At least we won. <_<

I usually am one those on the board that say be happy with a win and don't complain. I am glad we won, but I am not happy with execution on both sides of the ball and I think or playcalling needs to get better. I am not going to be me usually positive self after a win. This game was too ugly.

Is it just me, or does Dede just not look good in the middle. he's a smart player, but I'm not sure he's got hte instincts. He's overpursued several times in that game, and didn't fill holes to push a runner to the outside where he had help. We seem to run to take on blocks instead of filling a hole and forcing their blocker to fill their own hole. I think we are player better on the d-line than i thought, we don't get the big push up front like we have in the past, but our linebacker play has been poor. I think we forget how good A. and T. Williams were. Herring still plays like a safety at times. And so does Dede. You play the run differently as a safety and linebacker.

courtney's drop there early in teh 3rd really hurt us.

props to ole miss...they played well, and we didn't.

credit to the O and D for stepping up and scoring/stopping when they had to.

ct

what's that bring the conference streak to now? 23 out of the last 24 or something like that?

what's that bring the conference streak to now? 23 out of the last 24 or something like that?

unfortunately they're counting the Arkansas game from this year, giving us 2 losses in 3 years (thus far).

I have this to say:

Injuries, penalties, personal fouls, turnovers, bad spots, a few homer calls, etc. plagued us this entire game. Our defense still struggles with closing up the middle. Yet, in the end, we won. We're now 8-1.

With all of the injuries, offensive and defensive struggles, etc. this has turned out to be a very fine season so far. Now, regardless of how Arkansas performs from here on out, it looks like Auburn is primed for a 10+ win season this year. Considering every thing that this team has incurred lately, we should be greatful for a 10+ win season.

unfortunately they're counting the Arkansas game from this year, giving us 2 losses in 3 years (thus far).

so 23 out of 25?

Herring still plays like a safety at times. You play the run differently as a safety and linebacker.

He doesn't. And I still cringe when he's in coverage ;)

But, nice to be 8-1. WDE !!!

We are not a NC contender in my opinion and I have been saying that all year. Just too inconsistent on D. With that being said I think we have a good shot at another 10 win season and possibly a SECC.

I was impressed with our O-Line. It seemed like they stepped up and protected Brandon very well. It was ugly but a win is a win.

that's right, kidd...i thot brandon had lots of time to throw the ball. threw great today, save a couple of balls that were behind the receivers (including the one to lee in the end zone).

i'm glad for the win on the road.

next up: arky state...maybe we'll go 1 for 2 against the state....

Ugly win - but a WIN. Kudos to Ole Miss, they came in ready to play and ready to fight to knock us off. We almost let them. Thank goodness for the new clock rules, no one seems to know what to do except US! I hope they play better - this was not pretty. Too many mistakes and penalties. Get ready for Arkansas State, they TOO will be wanting to knock us off.

Okay, I'm a little unhappy. I'm a little disturbed. I'm a little uneasy. But I ain't got NOTHIN' to say. A win's not a win, though. That's bammer talk. Seriously. A win't not a win.

O Line looked good,Cox had all day to throw and he threw pretty well.I was actually impressed with the play calling....but look.....we don't HAVE to run the ball in the end zone from the five...that was our mistake in my opinion.boot leg do the ole Wufferul(sp) to Chris Doering play, pick a spot in the corner time it and throw to the WR(when on the 5 yard line).

Hate to say it but we need new Linebackers, at least two ,right away. Dee and Will aren't cuttin the mustard.When the middle is that open on runs and passes well you know who you are..cough (LB).The flaw was the D pure and simple,our offense would have kept moving the ball.Brock still looks good by the way... and Tristan still isn't being used enough.We'll fall in the polls....but who cares...this defense is going to make nearly any team look good.Here's to just getting by Ark St. UGA and Bama by the skin of our teeth and looking forward to a rebirth of a new and improve Auburn football team.Signing out for the year the PROG.

Okay, I'm a little unhappy. I'm a little disturbed. I'm a little uneasy. But I ain't got NOTHIN' to say. A win's not a win, though. That's bammer talk. Seriously. A win't not a win.

Just want to make sure I understand the rules:

Being down on your team after a close win is "bammer talk." (GG didn't say that here but most of us have made fun of Bama for it in the past).

Congratulating your team after a close win is "bammer talk."

That leaves supporting your team after a loss and screaming about how great you are after a big win as acceptable talk?

While I prefer good sportsmanship and big wins, there's more to Auburn football than that!

Archived