Perspective

wesfau

Some of you guys and gals need some, apparently.

Tour the Arky boards. They are, for the most part, very excited about being 8-1. Their one loss was a drubbing. They have beaten: Auburn.

Our fans are griping, pissing and moaning about the littlest things and seem oblivious to the fact that our team is 9-1. Our one loss makes it more difficult to get to the SECCG, but was not a drubbing. We have beaten: UF and LSU.

Come on get happy.

I am with you, fellow sunshine pumper. But beware the wrath of the fickle that is about to descend upon you.

Of course, I remember the pre-internet, pre-ESPN days when the season in our midst would be considered fantastic!

Did I miss a really "we suck a lot" post that this one is intended to combat?

Pre-emptive strikes were once all the rage. I'm trying to get mine in before the pubs are run out of DC.

Did I miss a really "we suck a lot" post that this one is intended to combat?

Pre-emptive strikes were once all the rage. I'm trying to get mine in before the pubs are run out of DC.

Word!

Tour the Arky boards. They are, for the most part, very excited about being 8-1. Their one loss was a drubbing. They have beaten: Auburn.

Our fans are griping, pissing and moaning about the littlest things and seem oblivious to the fact that our team is 9-1. Our one loss makes it more difficult to get to the SECCG, but was not a drubbing. We have beaten: UF and LSU.

Come on get happy.

We are happy. We like to P and M when things are going good. If you can nitpick when things are OK, how can you be unhappy??? :no:

:au::homer:

At the time of the Arkansas loss we didn't think they would turn out to be a good football team. People reacted accordingly and some have gotten over it and some haven't. Even if they lose to both LSU and Tennessee, Arkansas is still a better football team this year than most have given them credit for. People thought it was another game where we were completely unprepared(which to an extent we were caught looking ahead) but it is not like we lost to Mississippi State. If USC played Arkansas now, do you think they would be beaten like they were in the opener? Just trying to add a little more perspective.

Personally, I would LOVE to see USC play Arky right now. That would be a freaking AWESOME game.

I was thinking about that last night. I do believe that it would be a completely different ballgame this time around.

I'm happy as a clam(whatever that means) to be 9-1 and hopefully we'll finish 11-1. I would be ecstatic if this were the case. Hopefully a BCS bowl would come with that. The loss hurts, but I'll be the first to say there's always room for improvement. You won't see me frowning about the season though. As long as we keep winning, I'll have a smile on my face.

I won't go into it, but I think more than a few agree with me on the offensive production this year. That's all though. Let's keep the rays of super-happy-funball sunshine on this one.

This message is a paid political advertisement paid for by the "Auburn Sunshine Pumpers Association of America" WarTim Chairman

Personally I think its very interesting that the internet fan base could be so down on an AP/Coach's Top 5 team...for once the media and coaches think more about us than we do about us. very very interesting

Come on get happy.

Shut up! We suck and you know it.

Come on get happy.

I would punch Esquire in the nose, BUT, he would take my house, car, children, etc... in the lawsuit that would follow. (Not to mention that he would most likely kick my butt too!)

Come on get happy.

I would punch Esquire in the nose, BUT, he would take my house, car, children, etc... in the lawsuit that would follow. (Not to mention that he would most likely kick my butt too!)

I got your back, Tim.

Plus, if I represented you, I could say "Timmay!" alot. That would be fun.

I agree with being glad about our season, I live in South Carolina and when I wear :au: clothes all the :usc: and Clemson folk do is talk about how good we are , what a great season, what a great program etc. When you look through other glasses at :au: we are a special program and outsiders recognize it. In Alabama all you hear is :ua: putting us down, we get used to being pretty defensive. Just step a few states over and we are the envy of others.

Come on get happy.

Arkansas was expected to finish a distant third in the SEC-W. Some had them pegged behind Bama. They control their own destiny now.

That wasn't the case for Auburn. Auburn was projected to win, and win handily. Instead, there seems to be a constant struggle to gain any momentum. Reverse the roles and I'm dancing in the streets. Sometimes the burden of expectations (realistic ones, even) weighs down the joy. If your mom says she's cooking steak and you get there and it's hamburger steak, you still enjoy it, but it's hard to get that nagging taste for a juicy ribeye out of your mind.

Come on get happy.

Arkansas was expected to finish a distant third in the SEC-W. Some had them pegged behind Bama. They control their own destiny now.

That wasn't the case for Auburn. Auburn was projected to win, and win handily. Instead, there seems to be a constant struggle to gain any momentum. Reverse the roles and I'm dancing in the streets. Sometimes the burden of expectations (realistic ones, even) weighs down the joy. If your mom says she's cooking steak and you get there and it's hamburger steak, you still enjoy it, but it's hard to get that nagging taste for a juicy ribeye out of your mind.

Bingo. If this season happens any other year but this one, YES, we're all dancing in the streets. All we've done this year is win and it just doesn't seem like enough sometimes. We're 9 and freakin' 1. Our loss is to a top 10-15 team. We constantly harp on the SEC being the toughest conference in the nation and when one of the best teams in that conference comes in and catches us flat...we're all deflated about the season that could have been. We're 9-1 with 2 games left against our two biggest traditional rivals. We have a chance at a BCS bowl and a far outside chance at the national championship game if the stars aligned just right.

I'm goin' to The Plains early Saturday and hookin' up with some AUNation folks to get primed fo' dem ole Bew Dawgs. :au::cheer::au:

Come on get happy.

AU fans don't wear that sense of entitlement well. Projections are made by whom? Some of those same jokers that we're bitching about now because of their poll votes.

Come on get happy.

Bingo. If this season happens any other year but this one, YES, we're all dancing in the streets. All we've done this year is win and it just doesn't seem like enough sometimes. We're 9 and freakin' 1. Our loss is to a top 10-15 team. We constantly harp on the SEC being the toughest conference in the nation and when one of the best teams in that conference comes in and catches us flat...we're all deflated about the season that could have been. We're 9-1 with 2 games left against our two biggest traditional rivals. We have a chance at a BCS bowl and a far outside chance at the national championship game if the stars aligned just right.

I'm goin' to The Plains early Saturday and hookin' up with some AUNation folks to get primed fo' dem ole Bew Dawgs. :au::cheer::au:

I have high expectations that Esquire will drink enough in memory of his absent homies.

Archived