Kodi Burns decides tomorrow

WAR-MATT

I can see two possibilities: 1) He’s going to announce his commitment to AU without an official visit and TT wants to be there when he does, or 2) He’s decided to stay at home and TT is making a last ditch effort to salvage his recruit.

Coaches can't be there when a recruit signs. Duh.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hm. not too keen on this. i see a moderately clear :arky: commit, but hope like hell that i'm wrong. one would think our qb situation and status would look very promising to a young man in his position, but committing tomorrow and all the talk of his dreams of playing for gus, i'm skeptical.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Man Rules = WEN Rules = Tiger Rules

Grapevine = Kudzu

Tiger Rule = Don't fertilize the kudzu

Gramoxone works wonders.

-What would you do if you kid wanted to take dance lessons and all his friends made fun of him?

-He can dance if he wants to...

...he can leave his friends behind...

...cause if his friends don't dance and if they don't dance then they're no friends of mine.

Anyone watch scrubs?

OR

doo doo DOO DOO doo doodoo DOO DOO - Futurama

This guy thinks he is :au: bound.

Lil' Piggy Sports

FORT SMITH — Fort Smith Northside quarterback Kodi Burns will announce today where he plans to attend college at a 2 p. m. news conference at Northside’s indoor workout center.

Burns, 6-2, 190, 4. 6 seconds in the 40-yard dash, is rated the state’s No. 3 player by Rivals. com and has narrowed his decision to Arkansas and Auburn.

He will make his announcement the day before traveling to Auburn, Ala., on an official visit. Several sources at Northside indicated Wednesday that Burns will likely commit to Auburn.

Burns completed 127 of 231 passes for 1, 903 yards and 21 touchdowns with 7 interceptions this past season for 5-5 Northside. He also rushed for 726 yards and 13 touchdowns on 148 carries.

The Grizzlies entered the season as one of the favorites to win the Class 7 A state championship, but went 2-5 in the 7 A-West Conference, missing the playoffs for the first time in three seasons.

Burns completed 263 of 505 passes for 4, 117 yards and 41 touchdowns while rushing for 1, 846 yards and 16 touchdowns during his first two seasons.

Burns was named to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette All-Arkansas team as a sophomore, becoming only the fourth sophomore since 1990 to make an All-Arkansas team. He turned around a Northside team that went 1-9 the year before his arrival, going 10-3 and leading it the semifinals of the state playoffs. He led the Grizzlies back to the semifinals his junior year.

Auburn is also recruiting Rogers offensive tackle Lee Ziemba, 6-7, 295, 5. 17, and Shiloh Christian linebacker Adam Herring, 6-2, 215, 4. 7.

It has been rumored for months that Ziemba and Burns will attend the same school.

Herring is the son of Arkansas defensive coordinator Reggie Herring. Adam Herring has 78 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 interceptions and 3 fumble recoveries this season. He also has offers from North Carolina State, Missouri State and Middle Tennessee State.

I can see two possibilities: 1) He’s going to announce his commitment to AU without an official visit and TT wants to be there when he does, or 2) He’s decided to stay at home and TT is making a last ditch effort to salvage his recruit.

Coaches can't be there when a recruit signs. Duh.

GG, don't think you meant "signs" as he wouldn't sign until February, right???

I would imagine he'd be leaning toward :au: since Mustain has just come on the scene at :arky: ... but who knows?

No kidding....Nutt paved the sidewalks with gold bricks for Mustain to commit to Ark...even hired his high school coach, no?

At Auburn, he could learn from a senior his first year and pick it up for the '08 season....why would he sign with Ark?

PAT JONES mentioned on the Sports Animal that the Hogs are getting a bigtime pickup today....He is VERY tight with Nutt,etc......

So does that mean you think he'll be a pig?

Someone linked the Otis Kirk article on the page previous to this. He is the recruiting reporter here and the biggest homer to Nutt in the state. He printed that he thought he was going to Auburn, it's likely true. I wouldn't think that he would say that if he thought there was a chance to stay in state.

Having said that, it could all be a hoax and he's signing with Arkansas. The fact that he would commit before ever making his official visit seems strange to me. The timing, considering what is going on in Fayetteville this weekend also seems strange.

Whatever happens, he's a good QB. Good runner and a cannon of an arm. Whichever school gets him should be happy.

damn, Here i was waiting to hear who he committed to and then I look at rivals and find out its going down at 2 CENTRAL... grrrrr. another hour.

This guy thinks he is :au: bound.

Lil' Piggy Sports

FORT SMITH — Fort Smith Northside quarterback Kodi Burns will announce today where he plans to attend college at a 2 p. m. news conference at Northside’s indoor workout center.

Burns, 6-2, 190, 4. 6 seconds in the 40-yard dash, is rated the state’s No. 3 player by Rivals. com and has narrowed his decision to Arkansas and Auburn.

He will make his announcement the day before traveling to Auburn, Ala., on an official visit. Several sources at Northside indicated Wednesday that Burns will likely commit to Auburn.

Burns completed 127 of 231 passes for 1, 903 yards and 21 touchdowns with 7 interceptions this past season for 5-5 Northside. He also rushed for 726 yards and 13 touchdowns on 148 carries.

The Grizzlies entered the season as one of the favorites to win the Class 7 A state championship, but went 2-5 in the 7 A-West Conference, missing the playoffs for the first time in three seasons.

Burns completed 263 of 505 passes for 4, 117 yards and 41 touchdowns while rushing for 1, 846 yards and 16 touchdowns during his first two seasons.

Burns was named to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette All-Arkansas team as a sophomore, becoming only the fourth sophomore since 1990 to make an All-Arkansas team. He turned around a Northside team that went 1-9 the year before his arrival, going 10-3 and leading it the semifinals of the state playoffs. He led the Grizzlies back to the semifinals his junior year.

Auburn is also recruiting Rogers offensive tackle Lee Ziemba, 6-7, 295, 5. 17, and Shiloh Christian linebacker Adam Herring, 6-2, 215, 4. 7.

It has been rumored for months that Ziemba and Burns will attend the same school.

Herring is the son of Arkansas defensive coordinator Reggie Herring. Adam Herring has 78 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 interceptions and 3 fumble recoveries this season. He also has offers from North Carolina State, Missouri State and Middle Tennessee State.

Thanks War-Matt. I now know who this guy is and what the fuss is about.

I think the rule that "All recruiting threads shall be started in the Recruiting Forum or somewhere else" should be strictly enforced!! :bounce:

I assume I can check back here at 2:05 P. M. and find out what happened. War Eagle!

Jason Caldwell from ITAT just said that the Pigs coaching staff knew nothing about the press conference until it was released to the media, but that Tubs and staff knew it was coming. ;););)

I would post a link but it's prem. stuff.

Jason Caldwell from ITAT just said that the Pigs coaching staff knew nothing about the press conference until it was released to the media, but that Tubs and staff knew it was coming. ;););)

I would post a link but it's prem. stuff.

I would say that is another good sign. T minus 30 minutes or so.

Word is that the official visit this week-end is still on...........sooooooooooooos, I can't imagine him coming on for a official visit AFTER announcing he is an Arky!! JMO

FayetteHog, can you tell us why Northside had a down year? Were they young at some positions or what. From what I've read they supposed to have a good chance for the 7A championship out there.

They have a few guys (5 or 6 I believe) on that team that are D1 players, yet they only won 2 conference games. They went from #1 in the state to finishing near last in the conference. They play in a very competitive league, but to have so much talent, they really underperformed. I know they were young on defense, and their defense being so bad cost them a few games. It was also believed by many around here that Burns didn't run as much as he could have, instead tried to prove he could throw the ball.

I'll post it as soon as they make the announcement.

Good call TT we don't want a million people at one time trying to post.

Here's to hoping TT delivers good news to the AU-Nation. :cheers:

Archived