Courtney Taylor's Speech?

mattd

Supposedly CT gave a speech before practice and it hit home with several players etc... does anyone know what was said or at least the gist of it?

"This is my last go-round with Alabama"

"this game means a lot to families all across alabama and the southeast"

"everybody better give everything they've got, so the seniors can go out on top"

Apparently it was pretty spirited and got everybody going. Cope mentioned that it gave him chill-bumps listening to Courtney.

That was the gist of it

"This is my last go-round with Alabama"

"this game means a lot to families all across alabama and the southeast"

"everybody better give everything they've got, so the seniors can go out on top"

Apparently it was pretty spirited and got everybody going. Cope mentioned that it gave him chill-bumps listening to Courtney.

That was the gist of it

He needs to give something like it again on Saturday morning before the game!

im hearing that the coaches liked it so much that each day this week a different senior is gonna also give a speech

My favorite part was when he talked about what the rivalry really meant. He said, this game is not just for us, but to families all across the state and everywhere else in the Southeast.

Darby should take some notes on motivating his team.

Has anyone on here read the article about Motivation for the Tide on the Rival site?

Darby is criticizing the Auburn players and coaches for the way the celebrated after the Iron Bowl last year. When asked, "wouldn't you guys act the same way if you just beat your most hated rival 4 times in a row?".

Here is Darby's comments.

"No, no, no. Coach [Mike Shula] teaches us to respect our opponent more than anything," Darby said. "He tells us we should have humility and respect for the other team. That's why he doesn't really believe in all of the celebrating when we score or all of the trash talk or things like that. It's a respect thing, so I don't think we would ever do anything like that."

I guess he forgot the throat slashing antics after the Duke game.

It seems one of Courtney's admirable traits is respect for traditions and those that went before him.

Earlier in the season when told he was in the same company as Terry Beasley he was very humbled

and appreciative. Considered it an honor to be in the same class as #88. Appears he is a student of Auburn football history. Now he is a big part of it. Good Luck Mr. Taylor Beat Bama and thanks for making us proud.

It is great to hear about that speech. It has at times seemed like the seniors this year are not quite as vocal in their leadership as in years past, so it is nice to know that Courtney Taylor is stepping up and trying to get everyone focused for the biggest game of the year.

War Eagle and Beat Bama!!

Has anyone on here read the article about Motivation for the Tide on the Rival site?

Darby is criticizing the Auburn players and coaches for the way the celebrated after the Iron Bowl last year. When asked, "wouldn't you guys act the same way if you just beat your most hated rival 4 times in a row?".

Here is Darby's comments.

"No, no, no. Coach [Mike Shula] teaches us to respect our opponent more than anything," Darby said. "He tells us we should have humility and respect for the other team. That's why he doesn't really believe in all of the celebrating when we score or all of the trash talk or things like that. It's a respect thing, so I don't think we would ever do anything like that."

I guess he forgot the throat slashing antics after the Duke game.

Not to mention that highly respectful song they sing to the opponents even if they beat by a FG

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/huntsvill....xml&coll=1

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Huntsville Times

Speech spursTigers at practice

AUBURN - Senior center Joe Cope said Tuesday morning's practice was one of the sharper, more spirited workouts of the season. He said it started with senior wide receiver Courtney Taylor's impassioned talk with his teammates.

"He just gave everybody chill bumps, talking about the rivalry and letting the younger guys know what this game is all about, not only to us but to families all across the state and the Southeast," Cope said. "It was really a passionate speech.

"I think that spurred us to have one of the best offensive practices we've had all year. We didn't have any mistakes. Everybody was fired up and yelling. It was really fun. There were a lot of pads popping out there today. It felt good to get the emotion back out there on the practice field."

Sophomore tailback Brad Lester, a Georgian who had to learn about the rivalry, it was a reminder of how much it means to so many.

"It fired me up even more than I already was," Lester said. "I'm looking at as I want to do this for C.T. and all these seniors."

Redshirt freshman defensive back Jerraud Powers, a former Decatur standout, said the defense was also inspired at practice.

"The coaches are kind of intense right now, too," Powers said. "It means a lot to the coaches, too. They want bragging rights just as much as we do."

Archived