Jeff Bowden Resigns

Proud Tiger

FSU OC Jeff Bowden announced today he wis resigning effective the end of the season. He has been under fire for FSU's poor offense this year and aparently last Saturday's shutout by Wake Forest was th killer. it would be interesting to know if he did this on his own or if Diddy fired him.

www.comcast.net/sports

Saw that earlier this afternoon. With all the bitching going on maybe tubs could give him a shot :drippingsarcasm7pa:

No thanks. We don't need another Bowden......EVER

Saw that earlier this afternoon. With all the bitching going on maybe tubs could give him a shot :drippingsarcasm7pa:

Amen, brother! I'm also glad not to have him up on the murals outside of JHS anymore.

Amen, brother! I'm also glad not to have him up on the murals outside of JHS anymore.

I bet we still claim that 11 AND 0 season though and our win against #1Florida in Gainsville the following year. LOL

I myself think that is sad. He was still a coach here and still a part of history no matter how tainted or disliked he is with many fans. Even if it was with Dye's team, he still went 11 - 0!

Sorry I don't have a link but I read on ESPN I believe it was what Bobby Bowden said about his priorities. God, Family and Football in that order. He said that because family comes before football, aka, He wasn't going to fire his son.

Glad to see him go though, I'm a big FSU fan, hopefully their talent will be used in the proper ways now.

I myself think that is sad. He was still a coach here and still a part of history no matter how tainted or disliked he is with many fans. Even if it was with Dye's team, he still went 11 - 0!

Uhh...I'm confused. Are we talking about Jeff, Tommy, or Terry?

I agree I was cheering just as hard when he was coach as I am now! 93 had a lot to do with putting Auburn back on the map!

FSU OC Jeff Bowden announced today he wis resigning effective the end of the season. He has been under fire for FSU's poor offense this year and aparently last Saturday's shutout by Wake Forest was th killer. it would be interesting to know if he did this on his own or if Diddy fired him.

www.comcast.net/sports

You think maybe that means Bobby is retiring after this year?

IMO, expect to see maybe the Valdosta St. HC hired as their OC

Or they could just hire Hal Mumme away from New Mexico St.? Since VSU looks just like the UK of the late 90s. FSU is ranked around 70th in Div I in rushing yds per game, with Chris Hatcher or Mumme that stat will only get worse.

Or they could just hire Hal Mumme away from New Mexico St.? Since VSU looks just like the UK of the late 90s. FSU is ranked around 70th in Div I in rushing yds per game, with Chris Hatcher or Mumme that stat will only get worse.

Valdosta High School would hire him first. People don't give a crap about VSU but they do give a crap about VHS.

I myself like VCR.

At this point, I am sure FSU fans would take an offense that scores, period

I've heard that Jimbo Fisher is the #1 candidate for the OC at FSU.

They should go after that offensive genius Mike Shula--I hear he could be available soon. :big:

They should go after that offensive genius Mike Shula--I hear he could be available soon. :big:

Then the Tide could hire Jeff Bowden. I'd call that an even swap.

Not disputing your rumor, but WHY ON EARTH would Jimbo leave a physical swamp for an ethical and moral one?

Chris Hatcher would be a great pickup for FSU as an OC. Everybody down this way sort of assumed he would be taking a HC job somewhere since he has a championship under his belt at VSU. However, this has been pretty much his first job, so he will probably need to show he can win on the D1 level before he can be an HC at Div1.

Even though he played at VSU under Hal Mumme, he is a little less pass happy than Hal. He understands the need for a strong running game to supplement his passing attack. He also seems comfortable with all of the administrative aspects of coaching. He has done a good job of promoting VSU since he has had the job. I don't think he will remain an OC for long. Don't be surprised to see him as an HC at a D1 school pretty soon.

Most VSU folks assume he will be moving to a bigger stage soon.

At this point, I am sure FSU fans would take an offense that scores, period

Don't you know you have to run the ball to score in the ACC or SEC?

Don't you know you have to run the ball to score in the ACC or SEC?

Sure but who is to say Hatcher wouldn't adjust his O around the ACC type play?

My lab would have more success as OC at FSU than Jeff Bowden

He did have a good a good year even if it was with Dye's recruits. But then Tater couldn't recruit. Anybody will tell you all he did when he visited a recruit was talk all the time.

I have zero sympathy for Tater and I am glad he is off any significant mural too. Why? One simple reason.....he quit on his team before the seson was over. At that point he voided any respect I would ever have for him.

Actually he is on a mural, in a team picture. That's the best he deserves.

Terry Bowden? :puke:

Not disputing your rumor, but WHY ON EARTH would Jimbo leave a physical swamp for an ethical and moral one?

It looks like the Jimbo Fisher situation at LSU is a lot like the Gene Chizik situation here in 04. He and Miles have butted heads since Miles' arrival and most seem to think that if he can revitalize the FSU offense he'll get a HC job in a BCS conference without a problem. But who knows for sure.

It looks like the Jimbo Fisher situation at LSU is a lot like the Gene Chizik situation here in 04. He and Miles have butted heads since Miles' arrival and most seem to think that if he can revitalize the FSU offense he'll get a HC job in a BCS conference without a problem. But who knows for sure.

Yeah, but FSU????? :puke:

On the other hand, I went to high school with Jimbo's wife, and absolutely despise her for reasons I won't go into here. Seeing her get to spend her days in scenic Tallahassee would be funny funny funny... :big:

Archived