The Kramer Tirade?

AuNuma1

While I am no fan of political correctness, and do not deny that somewhat of a double standard exists, there are plenty of white comedians that incorporate racial stereotype humor into their acts.

Artie Lange, Nick DiPalo, Lisa Lampanelli, Rich Vos, Jim Norton, Jeffrey Ross just to name a few.

And pretty much every white comedian to perform on a BET or Def Comedy Jam type show does the same type of racial jokes the black comedians do.

There wouldn't be a controversy if over Michael Richards making a "You know the difference between black people and white people" joke. He was pointing a heckler out and calling him the N word in a fit of rage.

Very different.

Oh yeah? Well if this was 50 years ago, Bear Bryant would still be alive and none of this would be happening.

While I am no fan of political correctness, and do not deny that somewhat of a double standard exists, there are plenty of white comedians that incorporate racial stereotype humor into their acts.

Artie Lange, Nick DiPalo, Lisa Lampanelli, Rich Vos, Jim Norton, Jeffrey Ross just to name a few.

And pretty much every white comedian to perform on a BET or Def Comedy Jam type show does the same type of racial jokes the black comedians do.

There wouldn't be a controversy if over Michael Richards making a "You know the difference between black people and white people" joke. He was pointing a heckler out and calling him the N word in a fit of rage.

Very different.

Exactly. Even Richards has recognized the difference, but some here won't.

I hear Kramer is now Bush's choice to replace John Bolton at the UN... :roflol:

Actually that would be the dems choice, since President Bush has no intention of replacing Bolton. But the dems really don't like Bolton since he will put the United States first.

He also said he's not sure where the rage came from.

I think I have an idea. He can't deal with hecklers, that much is clear. But when the hecklers are 2 black guys, then he's caught in a delima. There's the unspoken rule in a large part of our society that holds blacks blameless, for just about anything they do. From black men abandoning their children, the utter incompetence of so many down in New Orleans, to O.J. getting away with double murder, you just can not criticize a black man. Period. So Richards is getting hacked off at these guys for screwing up his show. Maybe he was so bad, they were even making it better, but regardless, he blew a fuse. Caught between wanting to take control of the situation as most good comics will do, while faced with the taboo of saying anything that might be deemed 'offensive' to the black race, he melted down on stage.

I hear Kramer is now Bush's choice to replace John Bolton at the UN... :roflol:

Bush wants Bolton to stay put in the U.N. That's why he's re-submitted his name. If anyone wants Richards, it's the Democrats. Otherwise, Bolton's our guy.

No sense of humor... :poke:

I'm a funny guy. But it's hard to tell when you're trying to be funny and when you're trying to be serious.

Here is another take on this. From a "negro" woman, even:

(course she is an uncle Tom candidate)

For me it is commentary on our overall sorry moral state that as news shows obsessed over this mindless incident, they totally ignored an Associated Press story this same week reporting that out-of-wedlock births in the U.S. reached 37.5 percent in 2005, a record high. The figure for blacks is almost double this.

LINK

Archived