The Kramer Tirade?

AuNuma1

Anybody heard about the Kramer tirade? This is unbelievable...talk about a washed up actor. He goes into a racist tirade on stage at the Laugh Factory in LA. This guy has no business doing stand up. I'd guess he's got some serious explaining to do...

Article

WARNING: Highly offensive, racist video...seriously. Don't watch if you think you'd be offended.

Video

:no:

So when Kramer and Mel Gibson make racists comments it's a crime and worth of making the headlines but when Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle and the Kings of Comedy make racists comments about white people it's just another day and it's ok? Whatever. Gotta love the double standard. Kramer doesn't have to explain $#!T.

Yeah, I saw this earlier today. It surprised the heck out of me.

The difference between Chris Rock and Kramer is that Chris Rock at least appears to be joking. Kramer definately wasn't. I'm not saying that's ok, but the two deliveries are perceived completely differently.

Since when did Chris Rock or Dave Chappelle single out a white guy and make racist, derogatory comments to his face like Kramer did? And was Mel Gibson targeting one single person with his comments? What a dumb comparison...

I actually think Richards was trying to be shocking/funny and just took it way too far. I heard he made an apology and deeply regrets saying what he said. And if you think there isn't a double standard you're kidding yourself.

Since when did Chris Rock or Dave Chappelle single out a white guy and make racist, derogatory comments to his face like Kramer did? And was Mel Gibson targeting one single person with his comments? What a dumb comparison...

So since they single out the entire white race versus a single white person (and "appear" to be joking :rolleyes: ) then that's ok? They're probably entitled to it, right? I don't mean to come across as taking up for Kramer. When whites crack jokes on black people it's uncalled for and vice versa. I'm just trying to point out the double standard here and the only thing dumb are the people who are too scared to see it.

Ok, I do agree that sometimes there is double standard in the way a black or hispanic comedian can make racist type jokes and it is okay, but it is not okay for a white comedian to do it.

However, what I just saw on that video had nothing to do with that. First, maybe the guy in the audience was being a jerk and interrupting. But, with that said, Kramer showed his ignorance by the way he showed his :moon: . You guys know how I hate political correctness, but I think Kramer's comments were crossed the line and I would call them racist. Also, I think Kramer is a coward. How many of you believe he would have called that guy that or talked to him like that if he did not have the protection of the stage and the security there? I guess acting like that makes him feel more like a man.

The difference between Chris Rock and Kramer is that Chris Rock at least appears to be joking. Kramer definately wasn't. I'm not saying that's ok, but the two deliveries are perceived completely differently.

You're stepping on toes since Liger wrote that material for Kramer.

So since they single out the entire white race versus a single white person (and "appear" to be joking :rolleyes: ) then that's ok? They're probably entitled to it, right? I don't mean to come across as taking up for Kramer. When whites crack jokes on black people it's uncalled for and vice versa. I'm just trying to point out the double standard here and the only thing dumb are the people who are too scared to see it.

I haven't denied a double standard. I simply pointed out your flawed comparison. Think about why Mel Gibson and Kramer made apologies....because they weren't jokes. Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle make jokes (which are funny no matter your race) and don't have to apologize...because they're just that, jokes. Again, your comparison is bad.

Good grief...should've put this in the political forum I guess.

I haven't denied a double standard. I simply pointed out your flawed comparison. Think about why Mel Gibson and Kramer made apologies....because they weren't jokes. Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle make jokes (which are funny no matter your race) and don't have to apologize...because they're just that, jokes. Again, your comparison is bad.

What makes this political? Because the racist Liger defends it and whines while doing it?

What makes this political? Because the racist Liger defends it and whines while doing it?

Dude, seriously, shut up. As much as you think you do, you don't know anything about me or anybody else on here that you don't get along with. Go whack off to a Michael Moore movie or something.

Dude, seriously, shut up. As much as you think you do, you don't know anything about me or anybody else on here that you don't get along with. Go whack off to a Michael Moore movie or something.

I only know what you let us know, intentionally or not, through your posts. For example, I now know what you do while watching movies....

I only know what you let us know, intentionally or not, through your posts. For example, I now know what you do while watching movies....

Please inform us all of what it is that I'm letting you "know." If you want to draw conclusions that satisfy your hatred of me then that's on you. I certainly haven't said anything in this thread that proves that I'm a racist or not. Matter of fact, I think I actually said I wasn't taking up for Kramer and what he did. But like I said, go ahead and draw conclusions. Whatever helps get your hateful and disgruntled old self to sleep.

Please inform us all of what it is that I'm letting you "know." If you want to draw conclusions that satisfy your hatred of me then that's on you. I certainly haven't said anything in this thread that proves that I'm a racist or not. Matter of fact, I think I actually said I wasn't taking up for Kramer and what he did. But like I said, go ahead and draw conclusions. Whatever helps get your hateful and disgruntled old self to sleep.

I don't hate you, brother. Feel sorry for you, maybe, but that's far from hate. I call you on your BS, and you get offended. You said this:

Kramer doesn't have to explain $#!T.

Okay. If you want to make the case that others are racist with their comments, make that case. But your starting point was that Kramer had nothing to explain. I didn't have to interpret at all.

You're stepping on toes since Liger wrote that material for Kramer.

Zing!

No, I see his point, and I agree with it. However, Kramer crossed the line by personally insulting someone. Comedians usually exaggerate generalizations. The difference, generally, is the comedian is at worst offending someone and not slinging insults. Now days living with all the PC crap, its hard to see where the line between ok and offensive is, but that line was certainly crossed by Kramer. Personally, I find spewing racial slurs and derogatory terms offensive and insulting, no matter who the comedian is. However, most comedians don't share my view. There is most definitely a double standard though. Look at comedians like Seinfeld, Robin Williams, Ray Romano, Dane Cook, Jim Ghaffigan, and dare I say, Bob Sagget. Their routines rarely consist of content like Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, etc. There's no way it could, they'd be out of a job.

So when Kramer and Mel Gibson make racists comments it's a crime and worth of making the headlines but when Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle and the Kings of Comedy make racists comments about white people it's just another day and it's ok? Whatever. Gotta love the double standard. Kramer doesn't have to explain $#!T.

Amen, brother. I don't like the double standard either.

What I saw there was a guy trying to go over the top to make a point and just taking it too far.

I'm sorry, but if the word n***er is offensive when he does it three times, then it sure as hell is offensive when Jay-Z, Snoop, Dre, Chapelle, Murphy, Rock, Xhibit, Ludacris, Petey Pablo, DMX or any other "artist" uses that same word 100 times. I believe DMX even has a song titled "My N****z." I suppose that's a spiritually uplifting musical sonnet to freedom and empowerment? And for what it's worth, I've seen Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy and Dave Chappelle make direct references to audience members being honkies and crackers. But that was a "joke", right?

The guy went too far. He was trying to use shock value to point out how ignorant the hecklers were being and then couldn't swim his way out of it. It was pretty clear to me that he realized almost immediately that he'd taken the wrong approach and people weren't laughing, but he couldn't "put the toothpaste back in the tube."

This isn't a double standard issue. From the sounds of it, he tried to pull a Andy Kauffman like stunt, and it blew up in his face.

I hear Kramer is now Bush's choice to replace John Bolton at the UN... :roflol:

Bush wants Bolton to stay put in the U.N. That's why he's re-submitted his name. If anyone wants Richards, it's the Democrats. Otherwise, Bolton's our guy.

This isn't a double standard issue. From the sounds of it, he tried to pull a Andy Kauffman like stunt, and it blew up in his face.

I thought about Kauffman. I think he got angry first, and then tried to shift into a Kaufmann-like mode. He pretty much said that on Letterman just now. He also said he's not sure where the rage came from.

I hear Kramer is now Bush's choice to replace John Bolton at the UN... :roflol:

Bush wants Bolton to stay put in the U.N. That's why he's re-submitted his name. If anyone wants Richards, it's the Democrats. Otherwise, Bolton's our guy.

No sense of humor... :poke:

I don't hate you, brother. Feel sorry for you, maybe, but that's far from hate.

Funny, I feel the same way about you. Maybe we have more in common than we thought.

I call you on your BS, and you get offended. You said this:

Kramer doesn't have to explain $#!T.

Okay. If you want to make the case that others are racist with their comments, make that case. But your starting point was that Kramer had nothing to explain. I didn't have to interpret at all.

Why should he have to explain anything? I certainly don't think he has to. All the black comedians mentioned above spew racist crap about white people all the time and NOBODY calls them on it and holds thems accountable. Why? WHY? I know why. You'd be accused of trying to keep the black man down which is a load of crap. I guess we'll just have to pin our hopes on Bill Cosby and getting the situation rectified. This is why I don't think Kramer has anything to explain and my saying so certainly doesn't categorize me as a racist so you can stop now with you ill-fated attempts to label me as such.

While I am no fan of political correctness, and do not deny that somewhat of a double standard exists, there are plenty of white comedians that incorporate racial stereotype humor into their acts.

Artie Lange, Nick DiPalo, Lisa Lampanelli, Rich Vos, Jim Norton, Jeffrey Ross just to name a few.

And pretty much every white comedian to perform on a BET or Def Comedy Jam type show does the same type of racial jokes the black comedians do.

There wouldn't be a controversy if over Michael Richards making a "You know the difference between black people and white people" joke. He was pointing a heckler out and calling him the N word in a fit of rage.

Very different.

Archived