No. I'm not making this up.

otterinbham

There's this great little thing called a "check card" that could get the nation through this impending crisis. They have raised numbers on them, so the blind people could distinguish it from a credit card. The cards are usually multi colored, which assists the severly visually impared. They don't have to deal with paper currency at all, a single, reusable card pays for everything.

That's wonderful, but we're not a cashless society. Check cards aren't welcome everywhere and are impractical for smaller purchases. Virtually no vending machines take them.

I'm just saying...this isn't that big a deal and frankly I'm surprised the Treasury didn't initiate a solution to this on their own a long time ago.

That's wonderful, but we're not a cashless society. Check cards aren't welcome everywhere and are impractical for smaller purchases. Virtually no vending machines take them.

Understandable, but check cards will get you pretty far now a days. I hardly ever have cash on me, and I manage to survive. I buy Coke's at Chickfila with it - it takes no longer for them to swipe my card and hand me a receipt than it does for me to give them a 5 and give me back change. I know check cards aren't the final solution currently, but they eliminate the need to carry cash 90% of the time.

What next, any retail item sold anywhere in the world will have to have brail instructions, ingredients, prices on them?

Archived