ALLEGEDLY The Miami Herald clears up the mud

abrnfanatc

And stop sneaking around my house

Looks like this might clear things up a little...

Dolphins' Saban: `I'm not going to be Alabama coach'BY DAVID J. NEAL

dneal@MiamiHerald.com

Challenged to state flatly he would not be the next University of Alabama coach, Dolphins coach Nick Saban said today, ``I guess I have to say it -- I'm not going to be the Alabama coach.''

''I shouldn't even have to comment on this,'' Saban continued. ``I think I've said this over and over and over again.''

A Tuesday report on NFL.com prompted the latest round of questions about Saban's interest or lack thereof in the Alabama job. The report said Alabama was being persistent in its pursuit of Saban and that an unidentified NFL coach said he had been told Saban was closer to accepting an Alabama offer.

''I have no other comments to make about that,'' Saban said. ``I don't know how many times I've got to respond to rumor and innuendo. I've stated what my intentions are. They haven't changed. I don't know what the issue is. I don't know why people keep asking about it. What they talk about over there is their business. What's happening here is my business and our business and that's what we're focusing on and that's what I'm committed to doing.''

Then, his voice rising, he said to the assembled media, ``I don't know how else I can say it, guys. I've said it three different occasions. I don't know how else I can say it. I don't know why you keep asking. I don't control what people say. I don't control what people put on dot com or anything else. There's no significance in my opinion about this, about me, about any interest I have in anything other than being the coach here.''

Asked then why he wouldn't just say, ''I'm not going to be the Alabama coach,'' Saban said, ``I think I just said that. Did I not say that? How didn't I say that?''

The reply was that he didn't use those words.

Saban then said, ``I'm not going to be the Alabama coach.''

Next, Saban was asked about a Gus Frerotte quote in a Wednesday SI.com story in which Frerotte claimed Saban wanted to bench him for the 2005 season-closer so Frerotte would fall short of performance bonuses and save the Dolphins money. Frerotte's quote claimed then-offensive coordinator Scott Linehan, Frerotte's current head coach in St. Louis, interceded and kept Frerotte in the lineup.

Interestingly, Saban's denial of that was in some ways stronger than any denial he has made about Alabama.

''That's absolutely not true,'' Saban said. ``I make those decisions. Scott Linehan doesn't make them. He didn't make them here. Maybe somebody told Gus Frerotte that to get him to leave here. But that is absolutely not true. I would swear on my life, my children's life and everybody else that that is absolutely not true.''

Some dillhole at bamamag is still clinging to a thread of hope, saying that Saban has to say that because he'd lose $5 million under his contract if he admitted he was leaving before the end of the year.

Of course he throws in the meaningless caveat of "He may not be the next coach here, but he is not that stupid..."

And stop sneaking around my house

Looks like this might clear things up a little...

Dolphins' Saban: `I'm not going to be Alabama coach'BY DAVID J. NEAL

dneal@MiamiHerald.com

Challenged to state flatly he would not be the next University of Alabama coach, Dolphins coach Nick Saban said today, ``I guess I have to say it -- I'm not going to be the Alabama coach.''

''I shouldn't even have to comment on this,'' Saban continued. ``I think I've said this over and over and over again.''

A Tuesday report on NFL.com prompted the latest round of questions about Saban's interest or lack thereof in the Alabama job. The report said Alabama was being persistent in its pursuit of Saban and that an unidentified NFL coach said he had been told Saban was closer to accepting an Alabama offer.

''I have no other comments to make about that,'' Saban said. ``I don't know how many times I've got to respond to rumor and innuendo. I've stated what my intentions are. They haven't changed. I don't know what the issue is. I don't know why people keep asking about it. What they talk about over there is their business. What's happening here is my business and our business and that's what we're focusing on and that's what I'm committed to doing.''

Then, his voice rising, he said to the assembled media, ``I don't know how else I can say it, guys. I've said it three different occasions. I don't know how else I can say it. I don't know why you keep asking. I don't control what people say. I don't control what people put on dot com or anything else. There's no significance in my opinion about this, about me, about any interest I have in anything other than being the coach here.''

Asked then why he wouldn't just say, ''I'm not going to be the Alabama coach,'' Saban said, ``I think I just said that. Did I not say that? How didn't I say that?''

The reply was that he didn't use those words.

Next, Saban was asked about a Gus Frerotte quote in a Wednesday SI.com story in which Frerotte claimed Saban wanted to bench him for the 2005 season-closer so Frerotte would fall short of performance bonuses and save the Dolphins money. Frerotte's quote claimed then-offensive coordinator Scott Linehan, Frerotte's current head coach in St. Louis, interceded and kept Frerotte in the lineup.

Interestingly, Saban's denial of that was in some ways stronger than any denial he has made about Alabama.

''That's absolutely not true,'' Saban said. ``I make those decisions. Scott Linehan doesn't make them. He didn't make them here. Maybe somebody told Gus Frerotte that to get him to leave here. But that is absolutely not true. I would swear on my life, my children's life and everybody else that that is absolutely not true.''

Some Bama fans were saying that this is coachspeak. And that it means nothing. I don't know how much clearer Saban can get.

They really are delusional.

Like it's been said on here before, the only way he would leave is if the Dolphins were sold and I don't think that will happen. WH got rid of intrest in the Marlins and the Panthers so he could focus 100% of his attention on the phins.

''I have no other comments to make about that,'' Saban said. ``I don't know how many times I've got to respond to rumor and innuendo.

Until the 2007 season starts and you are still coaching the Dolphins. But even at that time many Bammers will still be saying that you really want to be the coach at UAT!

Bammer logic just can't be understood guys.

As I and many others have pointed out, it would make absolutely no sense , especially financially, for Saban to make that move. It would have to be close to being the dumbest coaching career move ever made if he did.

From the bammer's mouth:

"That's coming from the Miami newspaper. It can't be trusted. What else WOULD they say? It's just a smokescreen."

There have been so many smokescreens, people are going to need oxygen.

To be honest, Saban didn't say he wouldn't be the "University of Alabama's" coach, he just said he wouldn't be the "Alabama" coach. He wasn't specific enough for me.

(I just wanted to say it before a UATer did)

Has Finebaum started whining and crying yet? If not this article is poor journalism an unfair to uat.

Finebaum ALLEGEDLY said it was still AMBIGUOUS.

Kid you not... :no:

Has Finebaum started whining and crying yet? If not this article is poor journalism an unfair to uat.

Finebaum ALLEGEDLY said it was still AMBIGUOUS.

Kid you not... :no:

He's gotta keep the ratings up through tomorrow...

#1 He did say he wouldn't be the coach, however, he didn't put a timeframe on it as in "I will not be the Alabama coach today, but I'm taking the job tomorrow."

#2 Neil Calloway was named the University of Alabama's coach earlier this week. :poke:

I just hope Finebaum doesn't commit suicide if NS doesn't take the job...

#1 He did say he wouldn't be the coach, however, he didn't put a timeframe on it as in "I will not be the Alabama coach today, but I'm taking the job tomorrow."

#2 Neil Calloway was named the University of Alabama's coach earlier this week. :poke:

I just hope Finebaum doesn't commit suicide if NS doesn't take the job...

well Spurrier already broke his heart and left him at the altar of the bahr, so this could do it.

So, either:

1) Saban is not going to be Alabama's coach,

or

2) Bama is going to get a coach who starts his tenure with a big, fat lie. (Wouldn't be the first time they had a coach with questionable ethics.)

Oh this is just flat out hilarious, especially after yesterday. I wonder how many people across this state kicked their dog today.

well in the mullet nation the dog has learned to bite when kicked

Archived