Doug Flutie is a jerk

PChamp119

Stupid Flutie Flakes...

This guy has been hating on the SEC and praising the Big 10 all season. It's sickened me. He just said "two Big 10 teams just beat two top SEC teams - so what does that tell you about the Big 10 schedule?"

One: Tennessee is not a top SEC team - they were the #5 in the conference.

Two: Wisconsin, since rankings are all that matter these days, was #4 in the SEC and they lost to #3 of the Big 10.

Wisconsin and PSU may have gotten the better of the two, but those aren't the premier programs of the conference.

Of course he doesn't mention all the losing the Big 10 had been doing prior to today

I get that from him too, he can and will not give the SEC any credit. But remember he is working for ABC and the SEC is not part of their monoply so therefore the enemy. We all know if the SEC was broadcasted by ABC that the love would be flowing like no tomorrow for Auburn and every team in the conference.

Glad you think you know somebody well enough to call them that based upon football commentating. I have actually met Flutie several times and watched a Red Sox game with him. He actually was the spokesman for one of our vendors in the New England area and we would be invited to their skybox when we were in town when the Sox were playing. I had Auburn gear on at the time and he told me then, this was back in 1998, that he thought the SEC was the best conference in the country. Never met a nicer "celebrity".

Besides that, I think Flutie has been the best hire that Disney has made for the college football coverage in a long time. RIght now he is covering a game that involves the Big 10 and one that his bosses have been pimping for weeks now. What else do you think he would say? He did not play in the Big 10, so why would you think he is being a Big 10 homer?

There have been times that we have called you a jerk because what you have posted, but I do remember you making some kind of post on how people on this board don't really know you well enough to ride you like we do.

Wow... you don't really think I thought he was a jerk in real life do you? This is purely in response to his commentating only... wow take a chill pill.

Do you want to call out everyone on ESPN that this board has been bashing (except me) and Kirk and Lee? How about Shula and Finebaum? Who else have posters bashed on this board for their FOOTBALL comments? Let's start a list and lets have you find the good in all these people so that we can be reminded how great of a person they are, regardless of our opinions of these guys' opinions

In all honesty, ut and ua did not do much today. Even our beloved AU did not look overly impressive. A win is a win but not much for dominating bragging rights.

In all honesty, ut and ua did not do much today. Even our beloved AU did not look overly impressive. A win is a win but not much for dominating bragging rights.

losing doesn't do much for bragging rights either :poke:

We won... we showed we are the superior conference because we know how to pull out the win. Remember we were playing at 10:30 :lol:

honestly fellas unless you are in the BCS title game bowl games mean squat.

Some teams prepare for them & so just enjoy the experience. Sometimes it changes from year to year but the bottom line is the games are for entertainment value & geared towards sponsors, television, & tourist dollars.

Comparing conferences based on their bowl performances is just junk & something for television announcers to fill the air time with.

The outback/cap. one/cotton bowls were all competitive & entertaining & all of those games could have gone either way in terms of a winner. Exactly what the bowl sponsors wished for.

Glad you think you know somebody well enough to call them that based upon football commentating.

Doug Flutie is a rapist.

I didn't like some of Flutie's comments but seriously....when he was next to Mark May the other night.....I was so happy it wasn't Holtz that I just fell in love with the guy and whatever he said

Flutie sucks as a commentator so far. Maybe after he gets over the first year jitters or whatever it is he has he will calm down and improve.

I disagree..over the course of the season ive felt like Flutie has offered some pretty level headed commentary, and I like how he usuallly comments on whats going on in a gameplay sense (esp. with qbs) and has fun. I think the point he was making about the Big 10 is how theyve been bashed all season for being so weak (granted they are really bad at the bottom) but there are a few good teams at the top ie Wisconsin, Penn State. I dont think he was trying to say that the Big 10 is the best conference or anything just that they arent all weak.

I dont think bowl games mean nothing. Although some teams sometimes throw duds (Auburn 2006) and the conference match ups usually arent even, it is interesting to me to see how the different styles of play match up. And I think they can be a great carryover to the next season. I think our defense can use a good game today for confidence in the future. I also think the embarrassing loss last season probably gave the guys returning something to prove coming into this season. This years team definitely wasnt the most talented team, but they were scappy and found a way to win a lot of games.

I hope you know what Flutie Flakes are for. If not look it up. Flutie is one of the great guys in football.

Glad you think you know somebody well enough to call them that based upon football commentating.

Doug Flutie is a rapist.

What are you talking about? That is a very poor and crude attempt at humor if that was what it was meant to be.

Auburn did win their game! I'm not ashamed of them! No one is bragging, but I'm happy about our win.

Glad you think you know somebody well enough to call them that based upon football commentating. I have actually met Flutie several times and watched a Red Sox game with him. He actually was the spokesman for one of our vendors in the New England area and we would be invited to their skybox when we were in town when the Sox were playing. I had Auburn gear on at the time and he told me then, this was back in 1998, that he thought the SEC was the best conference in the country. Never met a nicer "celebrity".

Besides that, I think Flutie has been the best hire that Disney has made for the college football coverage in a long time. RIght now he is covering a game that involves the Big 10 and one that his bosses have been pimping for weeks now. What else do you think he would say? He did not play in the Big 10, so why would you think he is being a Big 10 homer?

There have been times that we have called you a jerk because what you have posted, but I do remember you making some kind of post on how people on this board don't really know you well enough to ride you like we do.

I guess he changed his mind since 1998, or he tells people what he thinks they want to hear!

I hope you know what Flutie Flakes are for. If not look it up. Flutie is one of the great guys in football.

Just for some of you that do not want to take the time or have the time to look it up....Flutie Flakes raises money for autism awareness.

PC, when you call somebody a jerk, what else am I supposed to gather from that? If I call you a jerk, what would you gather from it? You and others would think that I don't like you and I think you are a jerk. If you don't like the way a guy talks about football, then phrase your post that way. Otherwise, calling somebody a jerk means you think they are a bad person, you know, an a-hole.

I guess he changed his mind since 1998, or he tells people what he thinks they want to hear!

Umm...I never heard him say that the Big 10 was better then the SEC and I have been watching the Rose Bowl from the pre-game show on. Unless I missed something, he was only pumping up the Big 10. Again, look who he is working for and the game he is working. Do you expect him to trash the conferences of the teams he is covering? Get real. Like somebody said, if he was covering the SEC, he would be all about them. The same way you would be pimping the product your company makes even though you know it is crap, but you do it because that product signs your paycheck.

Just for some of you that do not want to take the time or have the time to look it up....Flutie Flakes raises money for autism awareness.

PC, when you call somebody a jerk, what else am I supposed to gather from that? If I call you a jerk, what would you gather from it? You and others would think that I don't like you and I think you are a jerk. If you don't like the way a guy talks about football, then phrase your post that way. Otherwise, calling somebody a jerk means you think they are a bad person, you know, an a-hole.

Doesn't he have a child that suffers from autism? It is like Michael J Fox raising money for his Parkinson. It is a great cause, but I'm not real impressed!

Doesn't he have a child that suffers from autism? It is like Michael J Fox raising money for his Parkinson. It is a great cause, but I'm not real impressed!

Yes he does. So the fact he has a son with it means that what he does do raise money for the cause does not mean anything to you? Do you think the money he raises only goes to curing his son? Are you that cold hearted?

How many people do you know that are big into a certain charity for a medical issue that does or did not have a family member or friend that was affected by it? Just about every person I know that is big into raising money for medical charity is because a family or friend is affected by it. My mother has severe heart problems and both she and my sister are diabetics. I have participated in charities for both, but does that mean that what I did meant nothing because I had family members that suffers from those illnesses. We have two members on this board that use the link to the Juvenile Diabetes Fund in their sig to raise money for it because they have kids suffering from it. I am sure they would like to hear how you are not impressed with them because they are only doing it because their kids have it. I am sure my daughter, who is active in raising money for ovarian cancer because of her grandmother (my ex-mother in law) has it, would like to know why you think what she does is not genuine. Oh, ask my wife why she is into raising money for breast cancer because her mother had it and her grandmother was just diagnosed with it. The fact is the people that are more passionate and more then likely to stick it out with a charity longer are the ones affected. That is what makes them the best spokespeople for their causes.

Sorry if I came across a little strong, but your comment about Flutie's reason for being involved in autism was really uncalled for.

Yes he does. So the fact he has a son with it means that what he does do raise money for the cause does not mean anything to you? Do you think the money he raises only goes to curing his son? Are you that cold hearted?

How many people do you know that are big into a certain charity for a medical issue that does or did not have a family member or friend that was affected by it? Just about every person I know that is big into raising money for medical charity is because a family or friend is affected by it. My mother has severe heart problems and both she and my sister are diabetics. I have participated in charities for both, but does that mean that what I did meant nothing because I had family members that suffers from those illnesses. We have two members on this board that use the link to the Juvenile Diabetes Fund in their sig to raise money for it because they have kids suffering from it. I am sure they would like to hear how you are not impressed with them because they are only doing it because their kids have it. I am sure my daughter, who is active in raising money for ovarian cancer because of her grandmother (my ex-mother in law) has it, would like to know why you think what she does is not genuine. Oh, ask my wife why she is into raising money for breast cancer because her mother had it and her grandmother was just diagnosed with it. The fact is the people that are more passionate and more then likely to stick it out with a charity longer are the ones affected. That is what makes them the best spokespeople for their causes.

Sorry if I came across a little strong, but your comment about Flutie's reason for being involved in autism was really uncalled for.

i think ranger may have a man crush.

Doug Flutie is a rapist.

What are you talking about? That is a very poor and crude attempt at humor if that was what it was meant to be.

Sadly, it was very poorly played.

One of them did make the comments pcchamp is talking about. My wife commented on them. What boiled my blood was Flutie's comments in regards to the AU game. He was not alone, later when they were recapping games Fowler said the same thing. THey totally gave AU no credit for the W. Both said, NU totally manhandled AU in the first half, but Auburn was able to pull out the victory. No credit at all was given to AU for shutting down NU in the second half regardless of how bad the AU offense played. Granted I know AU was not impressive at all. But still at least give our D some kudos.

i think ranger may have a man crush.

Real intelligent post there. Really added something to the thread. Did you think of that all by yourself?

Guys, when are you going to learn that that nobody working for ESPN or ABC is going to pump up the SEC. The Disney owned channels are primarly Big-10 and Pac-10 channels, so of course they are going to talk up those conferences while talking bad about the only conference that they know is better...the SEC. Like the saying goes "if you tell a lie long enough, you will start to believe it". They are only convincing themselves. Apparently the pollsters do not listen to their crap anymore because if they did, Michigan would be playing in the BCS CG instead of Florida.

So, quit getting all fired up about what Flutie, Herbie, Corso, Fowler, or any of those other guys say. What they say does not make you or me any less of an AUBURN TIGER!

Archived