Doug Flutie is a jerk

PChamp119

I agree PC but Flutie isn't the only broadcaster that seems to be so envious. Our conference doesn't get it's due because others see us as "The South". Recruiting violations, no discipline, no emphasis on academics, etc. Maybe so, at some point but not now at most SEC schools. And people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones--like the media darling ND for instance. If we talk slower, we are dumb. Let them think what they will.

Stupid Flutie Flakes...

This guy has been hating on the SEC and praising the Big 10 all season. It's sickened me. He just said "two Big 10 teams just beat two top SEC teams - so what does that tell you about the Big 10 schedule?"

One: Tennessee is not a top SEC team - they were the #5 in the conference.

Two: Wisconsin, since rankings are all that matter these days, was #4 in the SEC and they lost to #3 of the Big 10.

Wisconsin and PSU may have gotten the better of the two, but those aren't the premier programs of the conference.

Of course he doesn't mention all the losing the Big 10 had been doing prior to today

Arkansas was robbed. Worse officiating than our game. The big 10 and pac 10 officials are worse than SEC refs...and that's saying something. :roflol:

:au::homer:

Glad you think you know somebody well enough to call them that based upon football commentating. I have actually met Flutie several times and watched a Red Sox game with him. He actually was the spokesman for one of our vendors in the New England area and we would be invited to their skybox when we were in town when the Sox were playing. I had Auburn gear on at the time and he told me then, this was back in 1998, that he thought the SEC was the best conference in the country. Never met a nicer "celebrity".

Besides that, I think Flutie has been the best hire that Disney has made for the college football coverage in a long time. RIght now he is covering a game that involves the Big 10 and one that his bosses have been pimping for weeks now. What else do you think he would say? He did not play in the Big 10, so why would you think he is being a Big 10 homer?

There have been times that we have called you a jerk because what you have posted, but I do remember you making some kind of post on how people on this board don't really know you well enough to ride you like we do.

I guess he changed his mind since 1998, or he tells people what he thinks they want to hear!

Or he is a sellout and won't speak his mind in which case ABC/ESPN is the perfect place for him.

he is still mad because we beat him in the Tangerine Bowl. :)

And that Randy Campbell out dueled him. Typical Northeastern attitude of the South being "beneath" contempt.

Archived