Did Saban lie to everyone that he was coming to UAT?

DKW 86

31 members have voted

1. 1. Did Saban deny he was going to Bama?

• Yes
    • No

$aban should have just not commented OR denied it more softly...

Why did he make it such a big deal to say no?

He makes himself seem like a complete and utter liar

Yeah, he denied it... but anyone with half of a brain knew he was at least interested. That was one weak denial he issued about "Do I have to say it? Well, I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be that Alabama coach." Surely all of you knew that the idea of him not even listening to us was bunk.

Finebaum nailed it.

Did $aban lie to everyone that he was coming to UAT?

With a straight face and righteous indignation in his voice. <_<

Exactly. And that is what has people dogging him in the national press and in South Florida. He didn't just deny it, but said explicitly "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach" and did so with in a condescending and indignant manner as if the reporters were maligning his character and were morons for even asking.

I actually think that he thought he was being truthful in the beginning when he turned it down. Later when SPUAT cut their players wages to give $aban more was when the lying started.

Dont forget, he said:

"I'm not going to be the Alabama coach"

On 12-21, the day before I got e-mailed that my source was certain that CNS had already accepted the terms in good faith. he knew he was going to uat and still lied to everyone with a straight face and indignation in his voice. That was something CTT never did in pinebox moment.

Okay, who was the idiot who voted no? What part of "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach" turned out to be the truth?

i think this is a classic jimmy sexton tactic, our own beloved TT did the same thing when leaving ole myth. he should have just said "no comment" or "i will not dignify that with a response." the point is he had a job to finish, he wanted to finish it. let he among you who is without sin cast the first stone...

they landed their guy props to them, my bama friends were all excited about it until i asked this question "do any of you know sabans record over 5 years with lsu talent, fisher and muschamp against my auburn tigers?" they all guessed 4-1. as i told them 2-3, you should have seen the panic fill their eyes as one said aloud, "oh, $***!!" i hope that in the next few years that grows to 2-8 as they run him out of town on a rail.

Saban made his bed.

He didn't just lie but he took it to the next level and started mocking those who questioned his comments.

He really just blew me and many away with his new-level of coach-speak

Yeah, he denied it... but anyone with half of a brain knew he was at least interested. That was one weak denial he issued about "Do I have to say it? Well, I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be that Alabama coach." Surely all of you knew that the idea of him not even listening to us was bunk.

Finebaum nailed it.

Dude, how do you listen to Finebaum. He is an idiot.

Finebaum nailed it.

Dude, how do you listen to Finebaum. He is an idiot.

Because Finebaum drinks the dark pink kool-aid with the best, er, worst of 'em.

Archived