Do you guys realize that we could get an SEC #1 and #2 in the BCS final poll?

DKW 86

Do you guys realize that we could get an :sec: #1 and #2 in the BCS final poll?

Do you guys realize that :au: beat both of them? ;)

Do you really think that there are enough voters to sit still for 2 SEC teams in the 1-2 spots? Ain't gonna happen. We know that we're good enough, but the rest of the country won't be able to stand it.

If that happened then we will have beaten the NC and runner up NC this year!

I was thinking about this yesterday. If we had to lose 2 games this past season, who would you prefer to lose to over UGA and Arky? Those are good schools with great sportsmanship and we beat LSU and UF. We could be ranked higher if we lost to LSU and UF, but I'd rather beat them.

If, and that is a big if, Florida does beat Ohio State, you will probally be looking at the top ten as

1. Florida

2. Ohio State

3. USC

4. LSU

5. Wisconsin

6. Louisville

7. Boise State

8. Michigan

9. Auburn

10. Not sure who deserves to be here

Is anyone else tired of Notre Dame not playing but one or two decent games on their schedule and loosing them. They beat a bunch on nobodys to influence their record. They played two good teams and got destroyed by both of them, so lets put Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl to get waxed again. The BCS is a joke.

Hopefully we can get a 1-2, but I am also hoping a little that Boise State gets #2.

Far fetched, but can anybody argue that they don't deserve it.

As long as we are "iffing," "if" UF puts it on OSU like LSU put it on ND, then OSU drops more than one spot. If UF beats them by 14, I think the same will happen - SEC #1 & #2 and we beat them both.

LSU has two losses and Boise State has zero. Say what you want about Boise State's schedule but they did beat the Big 12 champ. I hope UF wins and LSU is ranked high but there are teams with better records than LSU that deserve higher rankings. IMHO LSU should be higher than USC for these reasons: LSU lost to two teams that finished in the top 10 while USC lost to two teams that are way out of the top 10, LSU beat ND by much more than USC or Michigan did.

Is anyone else tired of Notre Dame not playing but one or two decent games on their schedule and loosing them. They beat a bunch on nobodys to influence their record. They played two good teams and got destroyed by both of them, so lets put Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl to get waxed again. The BCS is a joke.

I was thinking the same thing, but then I tried to figure out who deserved to be there.

--Wisconsin, Auburn or Arkansas would have meant 3 BCS teams from the same conference. Nobody really wants that.

--W. Virginia only played 2 ranked teams all year, and lost both. Then they barely beat a non-ranked team in a bowl.

-- V. Tech didnt beat anybody this year, and they lost to the 6th best SEC team in their bowl.

-- Rutgers? Please.

So under the system, ND seemed as good as anybody. But I agree that the system is a joke.

--Wisconsin, Auburn or Arkansas would have meant 3 BCS teams from the same conference. Nobody really wants that.

Doesn't matter who wants it, as of now, no more than two teams from any single conference are allowed in the BCS games.

If, and that is a big if, Florida does beat Ohio State, you will probally be looking at the top ten as

1. Florida

2. Ohio State

3. USC

4. LSU

5. Wisconsin

6. Louisville

7. Boise State

8. Michigan

9. Auburn

10. Not sure who deserves to be here

Don't guess Strength of Schedule matters when it's Notre Dame. Now that I think of it, that should be spelled Noter Dame.

When UF beats OSU, I can assure you USC will jump over OSU to the #2 spot. Here was the final BCS regular season rankings:

1. Ohio State

2. Florida

3. Michigan

4. LSU

5. USC

6. Louisville

7. Wisconsin

8. Boise State

9. Auburn

10. Oklahoma

I dont' know how the computers will see thinks, but I think USC will jump over LSU to take the #2 spot. B/c mainly the human polls will move them from #7 (Coaches poll and Harris poll), to at least #3 probably #2 above the loser of the OSU/UF game. USC has had a big question mark by their name for how good they really are, that was answered in the thrashing they gave UM..The LSU smashing of ND will not have the same effect, b/c everyone is going to say, "well we knew ND wasn't that good, everyone expected the blow out".

I do hope and think BSU will make a big jump in the human polls. They were #9 in both coaches and Harris polls. I still don't think they will rise to more than #4. Wouldn't a L'ville/Boise St matchup be a fun game to watch!!! Here is how I think the final poll will look:

1. OSU/UF winner

2. USC

3. LSU

4. BSU

5. OSU/UF loser

6. L'ville

7. Wisconsin

8. Auburn

9. Michigan

10. West Virginia

As much as I'd love to see Florida #1 and LSU #2, I wouldn't count on it. The national press is already having wet dreams about Southern Cal as next year's pre-ordained MNC, and I can't see those Trojan groupies putting LSU ahead of USC after they manhandled Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

LSU's only hope may lie in the fact that they beat the media's other mistress, Notre Dame. But as far as the national press is concerned:

Pac-10 + Rose Bowl + Michigan > SEC + Sugar Bowl + Notre Dame

An undefeated Boise State, particularly after the fairy tale ending int he Fiesta Bowl, will also be strong competition for the Bengal Tigers.

LSU has two losses and Boise State has zero. Say what you want about Boise State's schedule but they did beat the Big 12 champ.

One win doesn't mean they are suddenly legit....I think LSU is 5x the team BSU is and should be ranked ahead of them.

BSU's schedule is an utter and complete laughingstock

Who said the SEC is down this year???? Shame on them.

Is this an imaginary poll? There is no final BCS poll - only final AP and Coaches polls. And wasn't a similar thread started earlier?

Doesn't matter who wants it, as of now, no more than two teams from any single conference are allowed in the BCS games.

I think that is unfair. Some conferences are just better than others, and the have-not conferences should not get a BCS game, just because the others already have 2 in.

Archived