Long time lurker...first time poster...

Look like King has no love for $aban!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...offs/index.html

Quote...

Nick Saban Memorial Quotes of the Week

Dec. 11: "I'm not going anywhere.''

Dec. 21: "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach.''

-- Dolphins coach Nick Saban.

Jan. 3: "It took us a long time to get out of there, but we're glad to be here.''

-- Terry Saban, wife of Alabama coach Nick Saban, to reporters upon arriving in Tuscaloosa Wednesday.

Jan. 4: "What I realized in the last two years is that we love college coaching.''

-- Alabama coach Nick Saban.

Jan. 4: "You know what he was as Dolphin coach? A failure. A loser. A gasbag. The tombstone on his Dolphin career reads, 'Talked like a warrior, acted like a weasel.' ... He will be remember in these parts as a quitter and a liar.''

-- Miami Herald columnist Dan LeBatard.

AND

2. I think Wayne Huizenga looks like the biggest doormat in the NFL right now. "I'm not upset with Nick. I think Nick is great. I love Nick Saban,'' he said the other day. You love Nick Saban? This man who committed to coach your team for five years, who convinced you to hire 23 assistant coaches (aggregate salary for the 19 regular assistants and four "grad-assistant'' types: about $6.7 million per year, most in the league except for Washington), who preached commitment to his players and walked out after two measly years, who left your franchise in worse shape than when he took it over ... you love this man?

Obviously Huizenga was a merciful guy after Saban dirtied his reputation, figuring the press and public would do the character assassination on Saban so well that Huizenga wouldn't have to say anything. But consider your fans, man. If I'm a Dolphins fan, this is what I'm thinking: What kind of owner do we have who gets taken advantage of by a coach, then stands up and talks about his affection for the guy when every fan out here wants to throw up?

What he should have said is, 'I personally like Nick Saban, but the line is drawn in the sand right here and right now: No coach will ever, ever take advantage of this franchise that way again. When the next contract is signed, the coach will agree to a clause that says he will not coach for the life of the contract anywhere else except Miami. And if he's not willing to sign that contract, he won't be employed by the Miami Dolphins.'' Period.

3. I think the contrast between the departures of Saban and Bill Cowher was downright striking. Saban slithered out of Miami. Cowher walked away with class. Both he and owner Dan Rooney said all the right things (and meant them) in their departure press conference, and Cowher walked away with dignity fully intact.

Saban's tenure, and his departure, were disgraceful, and he never faced the discordant music he created by leaving a franchise in the lurch. Then he fled to Alabama and talked to a few Miami-area writers, including a buddy of mine, Alex Marvez, who wrote Sunday: "Saban never struck me as a Seinfeld aficionado. But listening to his explanations for leaving to become Alabama's head coach invoked memories of advice George Costanza offered when Jerry Seinfeld was trying to pass a lie-detector test. 'Remember: It's not a lie if you believe it.' ''

I don't care how he spins it. Saban's abandonment was despicable.

Welcome Flying Tiger. Post often. This is just another in a long line of national media members, (not just rival Barners) calling it like it really is on Slick Nick. I even heard Dick Vitale, of all people, ripping the Slick One during the LSU/UConn game Saturday night. Lick Mitale likes EVERYBODY and he was questioning Nicky's integrity and class, or lack thereof.

2. I think Wayne Huizenga looks like the biggest doormat in the NFL right now. "I'm not upset with Nick. I think Nick is great. I love Nick Saban,'' he said the other day. You love Nick Saban? This man who committed to coach your team for five years, who convinced you to hire 23 assistant coaches (aggregate salary for the 19 regular assistants and four "grad-assistant'' types: about $6.7 million per year, most in the league except for Washington), who preached commitment to his players and walked out after two measly years, who left your franchise in worse shape than when he took it over ... you love this man?

Obviously Huizenga was a merciful guy after Saban dirtied his reputation, figuring the press and public would do the character assassination on Saban so well that Huizenga wouldn't have to say anything. But consider your fans, man. If I'm a Dolphins fan, this is what I'm thinking: What kind of owner do we have who gets taken advantage of by a coach, then stands up and talks about his affection for the guy when every fan out here wants to throw up?

What he should have said is, 'I personally like Nick Saban, but the line is drawn in the sand right here and right now: No coach will ever, ever take advantage of this franchise that way again. When the next contract is signed, the coach will agree to a clause that says he will not coach for the life of the contract anywhere else except Miami. And if he's not willing to sign that contract, he won't be employed by the Miami Dolphins.'' Period.

3. I think the contrast between the departures of Saban and Bill Cowher was downright striking. Saban slithered out of Miami. Cowher walked away with class. Both he and owner Dan Rooney said all the right things (and meant them) in their departure press conference, and Cowher walked away with dignity fully intact.

Saban's tenure, and his departure, were disgraceful, and he never faced the discordant music he created by leaving a franchise in the lurch. Then he fled to Alabama and talked to a few Miami-area writers, including a buddy of mine, Alex Marvez, who wrote Sunday: "Saban never struck me as a Seinfeld aficionado. But listening to his explanations for leaving to become Alabama's head coach invoked memories of advice George Costanza offered when Jerry Seinfeld was trying to pass a lie-detector test. 'Remember: It's not a lie if you believe it.' ''

I don't care how he spins it. Saban's abandonment was despicable.

How he didnt curse Saban is beyond me. I would have...

Archived