Former AU football players

BiggestAUfan

OK, I know one of you already (but I'm not sharing his screen name).

I'm curious as to the other former players out there lurking. If you are willing, please let us know by telling us what position you played for our beloved Tigers. No need for names or years played. This way we know you played and you get to keep most of your anonimity.

THANKS!!!!

I played a pickup game in the ACT center with Mamadu and Chris Porter once, does that count? I played in an intramural softball game once with Heath Evans. I had a history class with Takeo Spikes which has to be one of the more physically imposing people I have ever seen in my life. His neck was bigger than some people that I know.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I officiated a basketball game for Smokey Hodge's intramural team.

And almost got into a fight with the guy who sacked Gary Hollingsworth in the 1989 Auburn-Alabama game.

He would have killed me. Literally.

I kicked field goals with some other band people one day before recording in the stadium, so you could say I played football while at Auburn in Jordan-Hare as a student.

I carried Tot's step stool around on the sidelines. Does that count?

Since he has been gone I have the "bait" on the end of the rope that is used to get Tiger to the 50 during Pregame.

I, too, was a walk-on back in 1975. Starter on JV team, made up of all freshmen. Played two years. Shug one year, then Barfield. 2-2 season record. We beat Tulane, Alabama. Lost to Florida and Georgia. If memory serves me right, the JV team in fall of 1975 was the only AU team to win a game in JH stadium that season. One tie, rest losses.

Normal Games Played = 11 Record = 3 - 6 - 2

Ranked Games Played = 11 Record = 3 - 6 - 2

G 1 9/13 1975 R H L 20-31 ( 7 - 4 - 0 60) Memphis

G 2 9/20 1975 R A T 10-10 ( 3 - 6 - 2 55) Baylor University

G 3 9/27 1975 R C A L 17-21 ( 7 - 5 - 0 32) Tennessee

G 4 10/ 4 1975 R H L 16-23 ( 8 - 3 - 0 68) Virginia Tech

G 5 10/11 1975 R C A W 15-9 ( 2 - 8 - 1 74) Kentucky

G 6 10/18 1975 R A W 31-27 ( 7 - 4 - 0 48) Georgia Tech

G 7 10/25 1975 R A W 17-14 ( 3 - 8 - 0 97) Florida State

G 8 11/ 1 1975 R C H L 14-31 ( 9 - 3 - 0 24) Florida

G 9 11/ 8 1975 R C H T 21-21 ( 6 - 4 - 1 37) Mississippi State

G 10 11/15 1975 R C A L 13-28 ( 9 - 3 - 0 20) Georgia

G 11 11/29 1975 R C N L 0-28 ( 11 - 1 - 0 3) Alabama

I wanted to walk-on, but I didn't want to be carried off. ;)

I am with you there TT. I did my best at football, but I was a skinny dude, so it was WR and QB for me. At the college level, I would have gotten killed. Heck, I broke an arm and collarbone during my 9th and 10th grade years.

I ALLEGEDLY had a class last year with Trey Blackmon! hope that counts (hope he stays out of trouble so he can actually play)

Link?

I fixed it for him

;)

I ALLEGEDLY had a class last year with Trey Blackmon! hope that counts (hope he stays out of trouble so he can actually play)

Link?

I fixed it for him

;)

now thats funny

Believe it or not, one of my coworkers and a good friend is a former Auburn player.

I have endured sitting next to him during the last five Iron Bowls. I usually drink enough by the 4th quarter that it doesn't bother me anymore. I did get to enjoy watching the 2001 Iron Bowl with him though. One of our former coworkers was a second team center for Alabama.

Believe it or not, one of my coworkers and a good friend is a former Auburn player.

I have endured sitting next to him during the last five Iron Bowls. I usually drink enough by the 4th quarter that it doesn't bother me anymore. I did get to enjoy watching the 2001 Iron Bowl with him though. One of our former coworkers was a second team center for Alabama.

I dont believe it

I've been on the field at JHS MANY times for A-Day...caught an imaginary TD from my brother...and I actually played in a softball tournament in Delaware against Joe Klecko's (NY Jets..."NY SACK EXCHANGE" w/ Gastineau) team. :)

:au::homer:

I used to play poker in school with a former AU defensive lineman (early 90's) that was I believe a 2nd round pick. Does that count for anything?

I use to "work" (it's college radio, so I guess it doesn't count), but I worked with the Auburn QB at the time.

I heard several it was stories about Jimbo and Trickett and they weren't about the love they had for the coaches.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Does anyone remember the relatively short guy that was always at Tot's side with the line from his headphones in his hand? I played high school ball with him. He walked on when he was in his early twenties, got hurt and then became Tot's right hand man. I blocked for him in high school. We have the same alma mater as Terrell Zachary.

So I got that goin' for me.

Archived